Trade Ideas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Trade Ideas

First, Sox should put out an ad saying "Rebuilding The Bridge To 2016"

Then, Sox should trade Ellsbury and Pedroia and Lester for oodles of minor league talent, preferably more shortstops and hard-throwing SPs.

Then, the Sox can put out another ad, "Got Rid of the Cancers, Now the Healing Begins."

Then, the Sox can have a charity game between Pawtucket and the Sox, except since Pawtucket is the Sox, no one in the Fenway crowd will be able to distinguish between what is the minor team or what is the MLB club.

With the Sox officially eliminated on July 31, the Sox will announce Tim Wakefield and Jason Varitek and Pedro Martinez will be activated for one special contest v. the Tampa Rays. Martinez will throw 3 perfect innings, then Wakefield will give up a basehit to newly acquired Alex Greenberg and get booed. Varitek will come out of the game the moment Wakefield comes in, forcing Aviles to catch because the Sox started Salty at 1b and Lavarnway at DH and the Sox didn't want to lose the DH. Fortunately for the Sox, Sox free agent signing Andruw Jones, who had not homered all season in 100 previous at bats, slugs a home run in the 9th for a Sox win.

Sox put out new ad, "Rebuidling the Bridges to Madison County And To 2018"

At end of season, one last ad after a 59-103 season, "No More Stinkin' Bridges, Just Wait Till Next Year!!!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Re: Trade Ideas

No Sox fan wants to wait til 2016.  This is not just that kind of a team.  There shouldn't be a "bridge year".  This team is meant to contend every year like the Yankees. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

danny,

i get your humor and frustration, but i cannot wait until 2016 to become competitive again.  i went through all of those bad years in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s with the sox and am too old to wait four more years.

i do like ellsbury, but i do have no problem with trading ellsbury for a flock of prospects.  he is not likely to have another year like he had in 2011 so his value is probably higher now than it will be during the 2013 season.   and, even if he has a good year in 2013 in boston if not traded, he is still not going to be worth what boras will likely get for him after said good year.

not ready to give up on lester or pedroia yet.  both are still relatively inexpensive and might well rebound well with a new manager in the dugout.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Before we won in 2004, I often said that I'd sacrifice 10 one-hundred loss seasons in a row for just 1 ring.

When we won, I wanted more right away.

That being said, I am willing to be patient, but I'd like to see us try to be ring-competitive for the 2014 season. maybe not the favories, but still a legitimate contender.

I do not think this is too "pie-in-the-sky"ish.

We have a pretty good core of complimentary players and some good prospects that should contribute by 2014, if not sooner. A few key acquisitions here and there and we can be strong contenders much sooner than 2016.

I'm all for trading any player that will be a FA after 2013, and maybe some of those that will be gone after 2014's season. Stockpile prospects and then make some 3 or 4 for 1 deals for good young players under team control for several years.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No Sox fan wants to wait til 2016.  This is not just that kind of a team.  There shouldn't be a "bridge year".  This team is meant to contend every year like the Yankees. 

[/QUOTE]

Nope, no bridging in Boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Bridging does not exist in Boston.  It may exist in ballclubs like the Blue Jays (not much fun since Carter's GW homer vs the Phillies), Pirates (at least the Steelers won a couple of Super Bowls) or Royals (*shaking my head*).  But not in Boston.