Trade Lester for Joc Pederson

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Re: Trade Lester for Joc Pederson

Tavares has been groomed since he was 15, now that he is Major League ready or so they say, you think Cards will be giving him up for Lester.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthomas43. Show mthomas43's posts

FWIW Twitter has sources reporting the Dodger sand Red Sox have swapped medical records on mltiple players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

Not clear why trading Lester commands a big price given that he's about to be a free agent?

This is the situation the Sox have put themselves in. Lester in pinstripes is most likely option now

Agree, Dodgers would not make sense. 3 Lefthanders, Rental, and you might not win it.

the same people who tell you Grienke and Ellsbury were not worth signing now tell us a two month rental of Lester should cost the other team the moon...at least they're consistent in their cheerleading for Ben

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Maybe the Dodgers aren't a fit, or interested in Lester.  But the fact that he is rental is not evidence that he can't return that kind of value.  Peavy is a rental, and look what he brought back.  Lester is a much higher caliber pitcher, there is no reason why he would not bring back a much higher caliber prospect.

LAD was rumored to have offered a prospect.  

My thoughts are they might tie Kemp into a deal for prospects.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to davidap's comment:

If not LA for Pederson, someone will give the Red Sox a better return for Lester than what the Giants traded for Peavy. That's what makes the imminent Lester trade exciting.

Peavy's return has question marks as well.  Escobar really tailed off this season, so dramatically there should be at least some concern.  I'm sure what we could get for Lester and Pederson is best in LF so far but has plenty of time to improve.  Joc could also have a higher ceiling than any young OF prospect we have because of the power potential alone which could also land him at 1B at some point.  With that said how good are kids like Holt, JBJ, Bogy and Betts?  I'm sure one or more may eventually hit 10 HRS or more but we currently have a bunch of powerless OF prospects.

I agree Pederson and another prospect might be a better deal but very few smart teams in position to compete are going to go crazy for a rental so time will tell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

Not clear why trading Lester commands a big price given that he's about to be a free agent?

This is the situation the Sox have put themselves in. Lester in pinstripes is most likely option now

Agree, Dodgers would not make sense. 3 Lefthanders, Rental, and you might not win it.

the same people who tell you Grienke and Ellsbury were not worth signing now tell us a two month rental of Lester should cost the other team the moon...at least they're consistent in their cheerleading for Ben

The "same people?!"  You might be the only person left on the planet who still thinks the Sox should've given Ellsbury 150 million dollars.  Greinke was never an option.  It didn't register to you then, so I don't expect it to now.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to mthomas43's comment:

FWIW Twitter has sources reporting the Dodger sand Red Sox have swapped medical records on mltiple players.

Scandales!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

In response to mthomas43's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Scandales!!!

what year is that from? when we made our mega trade?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:

The "same people?!"  You might be the only person left on the planet who still thinks the Sox should've given Ellsbury 150 million dollars.  Greinke was never an option.  It didn't register to you then, so I don't expect it to now.  

no one is worth 150 million - but lets hear your crying when we sign Max S for 175 million....prices go up, not down you cuccio

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

I kind of feel the same for any rental Jasko, I suggested the Dodgers because of prior relations between the two clubs and the fact they also have too many OF's like our club.  The difference being is the Dodgers possess much more power so losing Pederson may not be a huge hit.  If we can get more somewhere else great but I don't think too many clubs will be throwing top prospects at us.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

no one is worth 150 million - but lets hear your crying when we sign Max S for 175 million....prices go up, not down you cuccio

Good come back. I expect nothing less, though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Lester is a proven Fenway Park Pitcher, those are rare.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

I kind of feel the same for any rental Jasko, I suggested the Dodgers because of prior relations between the two clubs and the fact they also have too many OF's like our club.  The difference being is the Dodgers possess much more power so losing Pederson may not be a huge hit.  If we can get more somewhere else great but I don't think too many clubs will be throwing top prospects at us.

I don't think that was me.  I haven't commented on trading Lester.  My feeling is that they butchered this badly initially, but if they want to pay him, it'll get done.  His obvious preference is to stay here, and the Sox Front Office now has a good idea what it will take.  They either commit or they don't.  If they don't, then you have to move him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Lester is a proven Fenway Park Pitcher, those are rare.

Even better he's proven in the Playoffs and World Series. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

people are right above...dont just trade LEster for just Pederson.  Pederson and Seager make more sense.  But per reading the bleacher report...the Dodgers stated that they wouldnt even trade both of them of one of them to Tampa for Price.  If that is the case, that is same thing with Lester.

Not sure why the Dodgers stated that they dont want to part them away.  But if they see that the Giants are upgrading their team, that mean the Dodgers need to counter them by making another deal to make the team better.  

Now per reading bunch of articles about the Dodgers, Kemp's agent (Dave Stewart) is demanding a trade for Kemp.  His preference is to go to Boston.   I wouldnt trade Lester for Kemp cuz that wouldnt make the team any better.  Maybe to make another blockbuster deal such as to give Dodgers, Doubront, two former SF Giants's prospects along with Gomes for Kemp and another prospects that is not being block by any current Boston players at the same position.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

you trade Lester at this point because youre not going to get anyone in return when he signs with another team....why would LA give up one of their best prospects for a two month rental unless they could work out a long term deal? they already have the best 1-2 in baseball probably and thats about all you need in the postseason...Notin expects more than Pederson? i dont think that could happen

As always - 100% correct!

And yet we got Escobar and Hembree for Peavy....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Lester & Uehara

for

Pederson & Seager

Sox4ever

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Perhaps a couple of deals if in fact the twitter is from a reliable source: Pete A or Cafardo or Rosenthal.

Stands to reason the Sox  want to see med records for Kemp, Pederson, Urias or Seager.

Perhaps we'll see Kemp and two of Peterson,Urias or Seager in exchange for Lester with 72 hours to extend him and Ue or Miller(with the same option).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Lester & Uehara

for

Pederson & Seager

Sox4ever

Now you're talking two top prospects for two rentals....that's probably even more unlikely than Lester straight up for a top prospect (which I think is more likely than others in here do)

However, if there was another prospect coming over from Bostons side, LA might bite.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Get the Dodgers to pay half of Kemps remaining deal, and make it...

Lester, Uehara & Miller

for

Kemp (+ cash), Pederson & Seager

Sox4ever

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Get Joe and package him with 3 more prospects for stanton. Everyone wins...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Get the Dodgers to pay half of Kemps remaining deal, and make it...

Lester, Uehara & Miller

for

Kemp (+ cash), Pederson & Seager

Sox4ever

3 rentals?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to chickenandboose's comment:

Get Joe and package him with 3 more prospects for stanton. Everyone wins...

Greatly prefer Stanton to Pederson. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

And when Greinke was a 2 month rental, he did cost the moon...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Greatly prefer Stanton to Pederson. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm sure we all would notin but what if we could have Pederson and Stanton?  No reason we couldn't right?  Two power hitting youngsters in the OF are much better than none.

Sections
Shortcuts