Re: Trade Napoli

My thoughts on keep/don't keep:

(1) Keep Napoli

(2) Release Gomes

(3) Release Bailey today

(4) Release Hanrahan

(5) Trade Lavarnaway (sp)

(6) Skip Jon Lester's next turn in the rotation

(7) Don't let Breslow pitch to right hand batters.

(8) Keep Shane Victorino and rest him every so often

(9) Give Uehara a raise!!!!  The guy busts his butt...

(10) Trade Jackie Bradley Jr.

(11) Keep Middlebrooks - he will come around...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to bingobilly's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My thoughts on keep/don't keep:

(1) Keep Napoli

agree

(2) Release Gomes

not so much

(3) Release Bailey today

we need every experienced BP arm we can get down the stretch.

(4) Release Hanrahan

Yup. Maybe when he gets healthy we can give him a chance.

(5) Trade Lavarnaway (sp)

doesn't matter to me so much, i'd air on the side of caution in this case and keep him.

(6) Skip Jon Lester's next turn in the rotation

why?

(7) Don't let Breslow pitch to right hand batters.

Breslow isn't just a LOOGY. His splits are pretty even. Switch out Breslow for Thornton and you have a good point :)

(8) Keep Shane Victorino and rest him every so often

Totally agree with this. i said last night, just shut him down. Just get him healthy and ready to go for the post season. He has been money when he plays.

(9) Give Uehara a raise!!!!  The guy busts his butt...

Uehara  is a madman. The rock of our BP (shoutout to co-rock Junichi Tazawa). i only worry about overuse. Hope they bring him back next season

(10) Trade Jackie Bradley Jr.

Agree with this. Once they sign Ellsbury they can move JBJ to fill a hole (SP or big RH bat)

(11) Keep Middlebrooks - he will come around...

like Doobie, Middlebrooks showed us enough last season to warrant a LONG look.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Second game out of the all star break and Napoli isn't playing. I guess his hips aren't doing well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Second game out of the all star break and Napoli isn't playing. I guess his hips aren't doing well.

Nothing to do with his hips.  They've been giving Carp some starts at 1B against RH starters lately.  Carp is hitting 319/388/646 against righties. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

[QUOTE]

Nothing to do with his hips.  They've been giving Carp some starts at 1B against RH starters lately.  Carp is hitting 319/388/646 against righties. 

[/QUOTE]

ADG is here to bash the Red Sox.  Trying to teach him something about BB and L/R splits is futile.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

A lot of people wanted Gomes gone earlier in the year too.  Not hearing much from them lately.

I was not one of those who wanted Gomes gone; I lobbied for him when he was with the Rays! But there's big difference between Gomes and Napoli; in fact, there is no comparison. Gomes is a pro; Napoli, a cripple (at this point)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

[QUOTE]

A lot of people wanted Gomes gone earlier in the year too.  Not hearing much from them lately.

I was not one of those who wanted Gomes gone; I lobbied for him when he was with the Rays! But there's big difference between Gomes and Napoli; in fact, there is no comparison. Gomes is a pro; Napoli, a cripple (at this point)

[/QUOTE]

He looked healthy on the bomb off Sabathia.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Good call on Napoli.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Reminds me of when I said we should move Jacoby out of the one slot. He soon caught fire and hasn't cooled off yet.

Go Naps! GO!

Sox4ever

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

?????????????  I think not !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I just had to bump this back to the top....in case others forgot.

"All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway." - Harry S. Truman

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Napoli, a cripple (at this point)"

this is ridiculous thing to say as last night made clear. I'm not a fan of "trade the bum" threads at any rate, the less valuable the player is to us we think somehow watching a different crummy player we get back in return will be better. 

The only thing dumber than a trade Napoli thread is starting a new thread to make fun of that thread based on a one game sample size.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Napoli, a cripple (at this point)"

this is ridiculous thing to say as last night made clear. I'm not a fan of "trade the bum" threads at any rate, the less valuable the player is to us we think somehow watching a different crummy player we get back in return will be better. 

The only thing dumber than a trade Napoli thread is starting a new thread to make fun of that thread based on a one game sample size.

Making fun of ADG and Jader never goes out of style.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

Maybe someone will two tickets to the World Series, or something, for him. He has to be the biggest rally-killer we've had in 50 years.

Tickets or a bag of balls. Thank goodness his hip issue came up and we are only stuck with him for one year.

[/QUOTE]

Napoli, since ADG's remark, an OPS of 1.450.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Ben, Call Texas now. They've already started their free fall. Pick up a chip for Napoli while you still can. They're 5 games back today and are looking for a bat. Bait your hook with Napoli and see what Middlebrooks stirs up. You might be surprised. Don't dilly dally Ben.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to Joebreidey's comment:

Maybe someone will two tickets to the World Series, or something, for him. He has to be the biggest rally-killer we've had in 50 years.

Tickets or a bag of balls. Thank goodness his hip issue came up and we are only stuck with him for one year.

Napoli, since ADG's remark, an OPS of 1.450.

Also since hes attacked Drew, he's been crushing the ball...Im thinking he should start a trade_____ thread every day with a different player. Then were sure to win the division.

Sections
Shortcuts