Trade Napoli

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Trade Napoli

Maybe someone will two tickets to the World Series, or something, for him. He has to be the biggest rally-killer we've had in 50 years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Re: Trade Napoli

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

Maybe someone will two tickets to the World Series, or something, for him. He has to be the biggest rally-killer we've had in 50 years.

Tickets or a bag of balls. Thank goodness his hip issue came up and we are only stuck with him for one year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

A lot of people wanted Gomes gone earlier in the year too.  Not hearing much from them lately.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Right on, a giant rally killer and a strike out machine. Will he break the Red Sox record for K's in one season by a hitter?

I love the job Farrell is doing with this club, but Napoli has got to go, he's awful!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The Sox scored 4 runs tonight and Napoli scored one of them.  They reached base 10 times and he had one of them.  Not really a disastrous night.  Relax folks.  He'll get some more RBI for you soon. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I know the stat guys claim that strikeouts aren't that significant, but personally they really bother me.

Everytime Napoli strikes out, I try remember some of his bombs to ease the pain.

If it's any consolation, the stat guys also claim that he's more effective the second half of the season.  Maybe this will translate into fewer strikeouts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to jader's comment:

Right on, a giant rally killer and a strike out machine. Will he break the Red Sox record for K's in one season by a hitter?

I love the job Farrell is doing with this club, but Napoli has got to go, he's awful!

You should bring back your 'Gomes gotta go' thread.  A HR and a 2B tonight.

His OPS is > .900 since you started that thread.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Maybe, but some of those rallies ended because he drove everyone home.

2nd on the team in HRs and RBIs.

In any case, a nice little win agains the EE, and this is what you take from it???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Naps carried us for a while with very timely hits. He made pitchers fear walking Papi to face him.

He will likely get hot again before the season is over.

We have Carp, Nava, and Papi (in NL parks) if his struggles continue.

Sox4ever

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

He's a good clubhouse presence! Translation: He can't hit his mother with both hands! My brother says if he ever opens his eyes again, and stops stepping down the third base line everytime he swings and misses he'll be just fine!! If and when I pick the correct  6 numbers in the powerball, I'll be just fine!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SinceYaz. Show SinceYaz's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

Naps carried us for a while with very timely hits. He made pitchers fear walking Papi to face him.

He will likely get hot again before the season is over.

We have Carp, Nava, and Papi (in NL parks) if his struggles continue.

Thanks for the sensible side of things ... 

No Napoli, no early season success ... folks sure get short memories.

He's always been a streaky player ... we were fortunate to get the hot streak, power and runs produced early on ..

Football mentality ... short season, hurry, do something.   Baseball is a loooong proposition.  Of course these are the same guys who cut Papi down ... expect nothing less from those who expect nothing less...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Napoli could get hot again, but given his hip issue, that is far from a guarantee. For April and May, he had 9 HR and 40 RBI. For June and July, he has 3 HR and 18 RBI. That is a huge delta.

The biggest concern is balls put in play. He has struck out 124 times in 327 AB. That's over 35%.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

He could still drive in 100 runs so who cares if he does it by 30+ homers or 40+ doubles? 100 ribbies doesn't grow on trees for this line-up, I'll take them from Nap and Ortiz.

And this from Napoli's biggest detractor in March...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

A lot of the diapoointment in Napoi is against expectations.

Since May 1, Napoli has a .755OPS and 37RBI.  Everyone wants him gone.

Since May 1, Nava has a .772OPS and 36 RBI.  Not a word...

“Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me. Anything can happen, child. Anything can be.”

-Shel Silverstein

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

There is nothing wrong with Mike Napoli.  There is something wrong with Mike Napoli batting in the middle of the lineup

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Javi60. Show Javi60's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Tickets or a bag of balls. Thank goodness his hip issue came up and we are only stuck with him for one year.

Pay him his salary and give him a one way ticket,...STRIKE OUT MACHINE is the quote of the year

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

There is nothing wrong with Mike Napoli.  There is something wrong with Mike Napoli batting in the middle of the lineup

His numbers are above average for a #5 hitter.

Napoli 257/342/443

Avg AL #5 251/321/431

You have to keep in mind that offensive production has gone down significantly all over baseball.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Napoli could get hot again, but given his hip issue, that is far from a guarantee. For April and May, he had 9 HR and 40 RBI. For June and July, he has 3 HR and 18 RBI. That is a huge delta.

The biggest concern is balls put in play. He has struck out 124 times in 327 AB. That's over 35%.

The K's are a forward looking stat.  His YTD production has been 'okay', but the K's would keep me from re-signing him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

His numbers are above average for a #5 hitter.

Napoli 257/342/443

Avg AL #5 251/321/431

You have to keep in mind that offensive production has gone down significantly all over baseball.

The average fans expectations are always high, this I understand.  But you should expect more than average from the 5th spot on a first division team; especially a team that is anticipating a playoff run.

I think bashing Napoli is just stupid.  But I wouldn't call those numbers "above average".  Marginally above average at best.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

It's called... roids..... Body is breaking down......Another one bites the dust.....Lucky only one year..

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I suspect people who start threads like these are desperate for attention.

Or else crack cocaine use is way bigger of a problem than I ever thought it would be.

"All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway." - Harry S. Truman

Sections
Shortcuts