Trade Papelbon

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffh102082. Show jeffh102082's posts

Trade Papelbon

why not just give the 9th to Bard since he has obviously proven his worth to the team. 

I think Papelbon and someone from AAA for a decent bat like Francour or Willingham..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Re: Trade Papelbon

uh your insane

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Trade Papelbon:
    why not just give the 9th to Bard since he has obviously proven his worth to the team.  I think Papelbon and someone from AAA for a decent bat like Francour or Willingham..
    Posted by jeffh102082
    AS DAD WOULD SAY...... "SON, YOU NEED TO LAYOFF THE SAUCE" !!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

why not just give the 9th to Bard since he has obviously proven his worth to the team.  I think Papelbon and someone from AAA for a decent bat like Francour or Willingham..
    Posted by jeffh102082

One of the BEST closers in MLB AND a AAA guy for Jeff freakin' Francoeur???? I think the question would not be why not, but WHY???

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mt200. Show Mt200's posts

Let paps play it out (probably his final season in Boston as he seeks his fortunes elsewhere).

You have Bard who can get 4-6 outs without a sweat. Why change it now. When  the time comes, Bard will get his shot.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Posted by jeffh102082

With Pap, Scutaro, Cameron, Drew and possibly Tek off the books next season we could easily save up to 42mil in payroll.  After paying Adrians additional salary and raises to existing players we would still be in great shape to upgrade any area needed.  Reyes may be our number one priority in the off season if Iglesias is still struggling.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Posted by jeffh102082

This is the most ridiculous post of the day.  Congratulations!  You realize that if you move Bard to the 9th, you still have to actually get to the ....oh forget it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Papelbon:
    In Response to Trade Papelbon : With Pap, Scutaro, Cameron, Drew and possibly Tek off the books next season we could easily save up to 42mil in payroll.  After paying Adrians additional salary and raises to existing players we would still be in great shape to upgrade any are we need to.  Reyes may be our number one priority in the off season if Iglesias is still struggling.
    Posted by craze4sox

I really dont think they will give the oft injured Reyes a CC like deal...But stranger things have happened

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

The OP is a first.  Some would say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." 

But jeff h's rule seems to be, "if it's working great, see if you can break it." 

Why in the wide, wide world of sports would anyone want to dump a good pitcher from a team with pitching issues in order to acquire a bat for a team that has the best hitting and scoring in MLB? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Papelbon : I really dont think they will give the oft injured Reyes a CC like deal...But stranger things have happened
    Posted by southpaw777

southpaw, my guess is the Sox will be in the hunt for Reyes and have a great chance to sign him.  The Yankees could use Reyes also but should be tied up with CC negotiations and throwing all available cash at Fielder or Albert to become their DH.  I don't see either wanting to be DH but money could change their mind.  The Yankees also need starting pitching so I doubt they can be serious contenders for Reyes with all other needs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

The OP is a first.  Some would say, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."  But jeff h's rule seems to be, "if it's working great, see if you can break it."  Why in the wide, wide world of sports would anyone want to dump a good pitcher from a team with pitching issues in order to acquire a bat for a team that has the best hitting and scoring in MLB? 
    Posted by maxbialystock

Awesome point, awesome Blazing Saddles reference.  Just an all around great post!

Sections
Shortcuts