Trade Proposal for King Felix - What do you think?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox4life2280. Show sox4life2280's posts

Trade Proposal for King Felix - What do you think?

I would offer the following players having them choose between

Lester or Bucholz

Iglesias or Marrero

Kalish or Brentz

Ellsbury or Beckett or Lackey (with the sox eating the salary of Beckett or Lackey)

4 pretty big names back to Seatlle and we still have Middlebrooks, Doubront, Bradley Jr., Barnes, Lavarnway, and Bogerts.

Do you think this would get it done????

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Re: Trade Proposal for King Felix - What do you think?

no

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

The talent they have on their Maj league roster is better than the players you suggested.

Turn it around and send Middlebrooks, Doubront, Bradley Jr., Barnes, Lavarnway, and Bogaerts along with Buch and Ells and you might get their attention. 

They are a draft away and one year for some of their young stud pitchers to mature. The Rangers, Angels and A's better win now--Seattle will be tough very soon and then for a while.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Proposal for King Felix - What do you think?:
    [QUOTE]The talent they have on their Maj league roster is better than the players you suggested. Turn it around and send  Middlebrooks, Doubront, Bradley Jr., Barnes, Lavarnway, and Bogaerts along with Buch and Ells and you might get their attention.  They are a draft away and one year for some of their young stud pitchers to mature. The Rangers, Angels and A's better win now--Seattle will be tough very soon and then for a while.
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]
    The Mariners probably won't catch the Red Sox this season, but Seattle currently trails Boston by only 2.5 games in the standings (having caught Cleveland and Toronto, clubs that were contenders only a month ago).

Seattle is unlikely to trade Felix Hernandez in the next year and even then would do so only for a top player under team control for several years and/or elite prospects. The OP's proposal offers neither.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

yes, Felix would be knocking people over on the way to the airport just to play for the Sox, especially with such glowing endorsements from BV, who feels its too tough to play in Boston, too much noise, can't concentrate on winning. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

It begins with Lester/Buchholz and Barnes. Then I tell them to pick 3 more (maybe 4 ) from a list that doesnt include Bogaerts or Bradley JR...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

You'd have to start by offering Bradley, Bogaerts, Barnes and Brentz. And that probably wouldn't be enough to get it done either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Promise4you2. Show Promise4you2's posts

Lunacy! When do you guys stop thinking this will happen? Be realistic, the guy will be a free agent soon. Stop drooling! Trade you best top 6 players from your minor league system for 2-3 years for one player that only participates in 20% of your games?? STOP!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Lot of B's

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]Lot of B's
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE]Somebody was calling them the killer B's. I personally feel we'll be better off rolling with what we have in the farm system. There's some nice talent down there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In Response to Trade Proposal for King Felix - What do you think?:
    [QUOTE]I would offer the following players having them choose between Lester or Bucholz Iglesias or Marrero Kalish or Brentz Ellsbury or Beckett or Lackey (with the sox eating the salary of Beckett or Lackey) 4 pretty big names back to Seatlle and we still have Middlebrooks, Doubront, Bradley Jr., Barnes, Lavarnway, and Bogerts. Do you think this would get it done????
    Posted by sox4life2280[/QUOTE]

So you are offering mainly junk for one of the top 5 pitchers in the game.

Maybe if you threw in Bogaerts, Workman/Barnes with Ellsbury, Buchholz and one other you'd have a shot.

What has Kalish done to warrant anything?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]It begins with Lester/Buchholz and Barnes. Then I tell them to pick 3 more (maybe 4 ) from a list that doesnt include Bogaerts or Bradley JR...
    Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

This is a good Hot Stove topic to discuss in the long, cold, dismal winter. Put it onto the back burner or into mothballs until then. See you when the grass is  covered with snow and the leaves are off the trees and the days are eight hours long. At that time we can be catharctic and take a huge cr-ap on the Sox FO. Can't wait, can you?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

[QUOTE]This is a good Hot Stove topic to discuss in the long, cold, dismal winter. Put it onto the back burner or into mothballs until then. See you when the grass is  covered with snow and the leaves are off the trees and the days are eight hours long. At that time we can be catharctic and take a huge cr-ap on the Sox FO. Can't wait, can you?
    Posted by 6k42lt913c[/QUOTE]And who exactly are you to tell us what is and isn't appropriate to talk about? We're talking Red Sox baseball and you're talking cr@p.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Bucholtz is the only major league player there, Lester too when he gets it back together. Bradley jr may be okay one day but Seattle would be crazy to take that deal and won't. Why is Kalish even on the team?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

guys,

for a felix trade..the sox will have to be REALLY BOLD..and give up alot....

like Lester,Elsbury,Bard,dubront,Barns,kalish For Felix and a good prospect..

beckett and crawford and lavernway with bogards to chicago cubs...get garza and sorianno..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" This is a good Hot Stove topic to discuss in the long, cold, dismal winter."

Actually when winter comes we're going to shift the focus to how much we can't stand your multiple personas and your lectures about what is appropriate to talk about and what is not and who is a true fan and who is not. So we need to talk about hot stove stuff now so we can really focus on you in the offseason and what your glitch is with just letting people have a free flowing discussion. 

p.s. I miss your "the forum is going downhill" series can we please revisit that? I love these fantasies that the forum is dragging the team down when CLEARLY IT IS THE REVERSE. 

on topic: Felix just pitched a perfect game, really really bad time to think about prying him from Seattle without giving up something they can really get excited about. Not sure we have anyone on the roster who qualifies. Remember it's not just talent they need but something they can take to their fan base to make them feel good about losing a pitcher they adore.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 6k42lt913c. Show 6k42lt913c's posts

I've asked this before and BostonTrollSpanker ignores me.

Are you a Boston fan spanking trolls?

Or are you a rival fan spanking positive Boston fans whom you consider to be bad for a Red Sox forum?

You seem to dislike positive fans and even advocated recently that RS fans should be delegated to a seperate forum? A forum where anything goes. To me you sound like a closet Yankee fan.  Why not admit it?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

I think you can give the Mariners Kimsaysthis for King Felix straight up.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I've asked this before and BostonTrollSpanker ignores me."

I'm a die hard Boston sports fan, though not by your definition of fan. I'm passionate about the local teams and sometimes that means the teams frustrate me.

Are you a Boston fan spanking trolls?

Yes, I do a bit of that, but more than anything I enjoy free flowing conversations with folks who have a variety of opinions. You don't like that, but I do. In all honesty I would probably change my handle if I could, I created it on a whim and then when I stuck around wished I could change it, but I'm not willing to create another persona like you often do after you are banned or whatever. 

Or are you a rival fan spanking positive Boston fans whom you consider to be bad for a Red Sox forum?

You may have noticed I disagree with a lot of folks here, and agree with others. I try not to play favorites here, just respond honestly to things. That may be hard to wrap your head around. I take issue with negativity sometimes as well. And hey, if you post something I agree with, which is rare because you don't often talk about baseball, then I'm glad to say "right on!" I don't hold a grudge here.

You seem to dislike positive fans and even advocated recently that RS fans should be delegated to a seperate forum? A forum where anything goes. 

Umm, no, you totally misunderstood that. I was suggesting those fans who want to keep things always positive deserved to have a forum where that could happen. IN ADDITION to this forum which is a free for all. This could never be that forum due to how it is moderated. But I do believe that those fans who want to only have happy talk should have their place for that. I actually respect positive fans but I don''t like trolls, which I consider you to be. I also don't like people who are compulsively positive or negative, I call out negativity sometimes too. I just like people who are honest and real and are here to learn and have fun. You don't seem to laugh much, I do. That's a big difference between us. 

To me you sound like a closet Yankee fan.  Why not admit it?

Dude I hate the Yankees. That's why I am on a Boston sports forum. I have lived in Massachusetts for most of my life. If you pay attention you know I post in all our forums, though rarely in the Bruins forum. I hope someday you will realize that just because someone prefers more honest assessments than you that they can still be just as much of a fan as you claim to be. One of the amazing things about you is that you still don't understand why watching a team you care about fall apart on every level, from ownership on down, can be a rough experience for fans. You advocate a kind of blind faith that I just don't subscribe to. In my free time I read books like Brave New World and 1984, whereas I suspect you are more the Harry Potter type. To each their own. Sure, I bring a fairly cynical world view in here. But I was thrilled with our championship victories and in case you didn't notice, I have defended the legacies of those from those teams who get bashed in here many times

But of course you wouldn't notice that because you are more into stereotyping people and accusing them of being fans of other teams then reckoning with the nuances.

I hope that addresses your questions. And no, I wasn't ignoring you, it's just I have a few things to do in my real life besides following these threads each day. Maybe from here on out you can focus a bit more on baseball talk and a bit less on telling others whether they are true fans or not. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Ichiro was an incredibly gifted player in his prime, but Ichiro never exuded the warmth of Felix Hernandez:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/jerrybrewer/2018934397_brewer17.html

The amicable departure of Ichiro last month was liberating for many of the young Mariner players who can now focus on the future.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]Lunacy! When do you guys stop thinking this will happen? Be realistic, the guy will be a free agent soon. Stop drooling! Trade you best top 6 players from your minor league system for 2-3 years for one player that only participates in 20% of your games?? STOP!
    Posted by Promise4you2[/QUOTE]

promise,
    Hope your doing well...I dont think some of us would really want to give up every good prospect to get just a couple years of the King, But it is a fun topic to play GM with...I like to see who the more realistic fans are and this is a good way of doing that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Proposal for King Felix - What do you think? : Exactly.
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

IF this were to happen then IMO the M's would want someone to immediately replace Felix in the rotation that has an MLB track record and at least 2+ years of control with a good chance of re-signing them. They would also want a cost controlled Top pitching prospect with years of control. the other 3-4 picks would be to improve their non-existent offense. Its just a guess, but I think more of a realistic one then trying to dump guys like Bard, Aviles etc., and think thats going to get it done.

Sections
Shortcuts