Trade Proposals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Trade Proposals

In response to lasitter's comment:

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

[QUOTE]Can we even send Bailey down?  I'm pretty sure we can't. I don't believe he has any options.

http://wiki.soxprospects.com/Player+Options

I think this page is saying that he does.

About JT: If we can live a month without Buck, I think we could survive a few days without JT.

[/QUOTE]

Yes so bailey has been a big leaguer for more than 3 years so all his options have been exhausted.  He would have to clear waivers enter sent down.  I'm all for giving a few guys in Pawtucket a try....but it's not happening from sending him or Tazawa down

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I stand corrected I believe Bailey does have options remaining. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

He has 3 options according to soxprospect.com.

Sox4ever

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Nolasco's the smoke, Cishek's the fire. The FISH has 30 wins, he saved half of them. Ben, this is the guy if you want to play October baseball this year. In the last few years we have to lead MLB in aquiring "dead wing" closers. Now's the time to get a healthy one with no medical issues. If they want Bard, Hanrahan, and Bailey .....GO FOR IT.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

When he gets here his last name is pronounced " SEE-SHEK ". This guy is just what the doctor ordered. Ben, don't dissapoint the faithful, make the deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Drake Britton just promoted to Pawtucket...he's another guy I thought could be trade bait.  Althoughmiss stuff would play up much better in the pen so who knows we might see him down the stretch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Nolasco's the smoke, Cishek's the fire. The FISH has 30 wins, he saved half of them. Ben, this is the guy if you want to play October baseball this year. In the last few years we have to lead MLB in aquiring "dead wing" closers. Now's the time to get a healthy one with no medical issues. If they want Bard, Hanrahan, and Bailey .....GO FOR IT.

They wouldn't take any of those 3 for a bag of balls.

They will want prospects to rebuild with.

Sox4ever

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Let's not forget Bailey might be a big player in our own pen down the stretch...

His struggles where mechanical and his mechanics have looked MUCH better the last two times out.  Yes I understand the results were there only the last but his "stuff" has looked like it did when he was very good for us.  I still want to see the pen strengthened.....I'm just saying

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

Hugh, we have to forget Bailey. Biggest reason is that he is nowhere near what he was in Oakland before his Tommy John. After that, failed bullpen and side sessions and then Lateral Epicondylits,( Tennis Elbow). He then ended up here in Boston as a Savior. We looked past the medical and focused only on the what happened prior to to his surgery,good numbers and All-Star appearances. We got hosed big time on this deal. We gave up (3) guys that had no DL experience, never hit the DL for a guy that lived on the DL for a while. Then we got that other nit-wit Ryan Sweeney aka.WALL PUNCHER  DL 60-day, plus concussion watch 7- days minimum and while we're at it lets throw in Connor Jackson who runs into the RF wall second day here and goes down for the rest of the season. Ya gotta admit it's hard to see a silver lining in our recent dealings with the A's. Have we ever got a ball player from them? Not that I've seen so far. All the guys we gave up are still with the A's or in the A's system. What we got in return are medical and psychological misfits. Two of the three we got are gone and the third is on his way out. Maybe this is the price we pay for asking for Strailly when the A's inquired about Aviles. There is one thing that he does better than any other GM out there. He plays game theory, maybe the only one that does... looking for best possible outcomes if he acts in a certain way. He can't see into the future but he looks into the future as a possibility and runs the variables thru a grid matrix, something like the Nash Equilibrium or something similar. Remember Brandon McCarthy the tall RH'er that got beaned off the bat? 60 DAY DL initially, slower rehab..got shipped to Ariz. for a healthy Chris Young. Healthy for unhealthy. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Let's not forget Bailey might be a big player in our own pen down the stretch...

His struggles where mechanical and his mechanics have looked MUCH better the last two times out.  Yes I understand the results were there only the last but his "stuff" has looked like it did when he was very good for us.  I still want to see the pen strengthened.....I'm just saying

If the starting 5 is healthy at the trade deadline, the only thing I would look to improve is the bull pen. And even then, I would only look for a prospect cheap addition. The relief crop seems to be more of a buyers market then a sellers market like the starters and hitters are. Lots of former closers available.

We should be able to get somebody usefull for a song and a dance and a 40 man filler. Millwaukee alone has 2-3 interesting possibilities.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to eggplants' comment:

When he gets here his last name is pronounced " SEE-SHEK ". This guy is just what the doctor ordered. Ben, don't dissapoint the faithful, make the deal.

If New Hampshire native Steve Cishek was such a lock at closer, you have to wonder why he lost the role for a while and has only recently gotten any traction back towards being the closer.

Cishek also makes me ponder about why all pitchers whose last names end in "ek" tend to be side armers...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from eggplants. Show eggplants's posts

notin, we talking about the same guy? The guy I'm talking about  was born in Falmouth, Ma about 27 years ago He's been the closer since opening day 2013. He had a rough April when he self- admittedly had location and control issues to LH'ed batters. He made necessary adjustments since to become very good. I'm not aware of anyone else closing games for the Marlins yet, but I'll listen if you've got something concrete

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

I agree on Bailey.  It's difficult to know when guys have turned it around, but his last 3 appearances, even including the HR, have been pretty good.  12 batters, 2 hits (1 HR). and 6 K's. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him back at closer before the end of July.

It would also be in our best interest to find out if he can be depended on before the deadline.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I have not lost faith in Bailey. All pitchers go through rough patches, but it just seems more magnified when it is a closer.

I'd still like to see us pick up a solid pen arm to take some stress off uehara and Tazawa, but I think Bailey will get another look as our closer before the deadline.

Sox4ever