Trade / release / dump Salty, Gomes, Drew.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Trade / release / dump Salty, Gomes, Drew.

Salty vs Chen: You're ahead in the count and can't hit anything anyway! Just watch and maybe you'll walk a run in!

Drew: Can't hit his weight, and Iggy probably gets to that run scoring single.

Gomes: What did we expect?

More Salty: I'd rather watch Lava whiff knowing that he could at least learn something in the process. Salty consistently swings at the worst garbage pitches I've ever seen. He even swings when they bounce in front of the plate!

We've got to get more from these position players.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Trade / release / dump Salty, Gomes, Drew.

Don't stop there.  Release Middlebrooks, Ross and Ciriaco too.  This team needs to clean house.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from M1A2. Show M1A2's posts

Lasitter just likes to gripe.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Luther Lassiter was a great pool player. I know that is not relevant , but not much here is lately. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to NerdatMIT's comment:

Lassiter, also known as The Magnificent Thief, is a 1984 adventure film part-caper and part-espionage, set in 1930s London, starring Tom Selleck and Jane Seymour that was made to cash in on Selleck's popularity as the character Thomas Magnum in the show Magnum, P.I. but failed to ignite the box-office on its release. The Magnum, P.I. connection is perhaps most clearly seen by the movie poster tagline The Magnum Man Hits the Big Screen with a Vengeance.

This is definitely Pike.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

Gomes and Drew are new here, I'll wait and see on them. With Salty he just doesn't have good at bats in critical situations. Leaves many men on base, should be dropped in batting order would be my first move. No higher than 8th. This is what HRS do, cloud the judgement. 2 run single is the same as a 2 run HR.
    To me Salty is a career .230 hitter, and you dont bat guys like this high in batting order. He's improved as a Catcher, but not as a hitter. 8th or 9th and less at bats in games.
    Hope Farrell learned his lesson yesterday, and never DH him again.

Salty was one of our best clutch hitters last year, but I guess it's all about a handful of PAs this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I have been a big Salatalamacchia fan since he joined the Red Sox, but it is getting really old watching this guy swing at so many bad (and, the same bad) pitches in just about every at bat.

He is not a rookie any more and is not even new to Boston any longer, but he looks like a rookie swinging at breaking balls in the dirt over and over again.  It is certainly time that this guy learns to leave those pitches alone. 

His learning curve appears to be pretty slow (which is very disappointing).  I am sure that if he (and a hitting coach) were to study all of the at bats where he does hit the ball well he/they will find that it is almost never on those curve balls/sliders that are low, inside and in the dirt.   time to just let that pitch be called a ball over and over again which will eventually force the pitcher to throw a more hittable pitch.   8th graders learn this lesson seemingly faster than Saltalamacchia.

Not only does he leave many runners on base, trying to hit home runs all the time, but he is batting about .200 again.  And, even with his 25 home runs last year, he still did not drive in even 60 runs in pretty much a full time position throughout the entire season.

Yesterday, he should have been given the take sign when he was ahead in the count with runners on first and second late in the game.   Someone on the coaching staff fell asleep on that one.  I think I would have had him take until he had two strikes as he is struggling and the pitcher in the game had just walked the previous hitter leading up to the 2-0 count on Saltalamacchia.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from thegrandsalami. Show thegrandsalami's posts

Salty at the very least needs to sit,he has no plan of attack when he steps into the box just a dreadful hitter.I think we need togive Drew some time although I as well do like what I saw from Iggy his defense alone is worth the price of admission.Gomes is a bench player and good fill in.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to lasitter's comment:

Salty vs Chen: You're ahead in the count and can't hit anything anyway! Just watch and maybe you'll walk a run in!

Drew: Can't hit his weight, and Iggy probably gets to that run scoring single.

Gomes: What did we expect?

More Salty: I'd rather watch Lava whiff knowing that he could at least learn something in the process. Salty consistently swings at the worst garbage pitches I've ever seen. He even swings when they bounce in front of the plate!

We've got to get more from these position players.

BINGO   !!!!  Although there is a place for Gomes !!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Salty OPS 755 Ross OPS 468

Yet people think Salty is the one who should go.  Makes perfect sense...here, anyway.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Don't forget Papi - we're 1-2 since his return. Isn't it obvious he's a cancer?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:

Salty OPS 755 Ross OPS 468

Yet people think Salty is the one who should go.  Makes perfect sense...here, anyway.

Maybe he is-maybe its time to consider Lavarnway. He has hit everywhere he has been given a chance to play. I do not consider his fewer than 100 ML ABs as a real chance up here. In any event its illogical to keep both of them.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

Critical to play well at home because it's 81 games v. no more than 18 games in any other single venue.

Losing 2 out 3 to Royals and 2 out of 3 to O's is bad news. This team is going to have problems outslugging all but weak slugging teams like the Rays, at home, so it better plays some serious defensive.

Middlebrooks and Napoli are going to have to pick it up, because it's not coming from Gomes, Nava, Ortiz and Salty, over a full season.

Ecchhhhhh.....I feel dirty saying this but I actually have to agree with this....other than Napoli.  I think he's been doing pretty good right now.  Losing 2/3 from the the R's and O's is not good since I really think they will be in it at the end of the year.  Middlebrooks looks ABSOLUTELY LOST at the plate and even though I am a fan of Salty...his clutch hits are non-exhistant.  Napoli, Pedey, Ells, Papi, Lester and Buch can't carry this team all season.  If the bottom 3rd of the order do not pick it up their could be issues.  

I know it's early.....but every game counts and losing very winnable games because of poor at bats and missing spots will add up a lot more quickly than some think.

Sections
Shortcuts