Trade / release / dump Salty, Gomes, Drew.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

Re: Trade / release / dump Salty, Gomes, Drew.

The Red Sox have a team ERA of 2.83, 2.80 with Ross catching and 2.85 with Salty catching.  Not the time to be thinking about changes in the catching.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

1 bad day and people jump off the deep end.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

You are absolutely correct.  The back and forth on this board is fun to watch (read).  I do know this (not sure who said it on this thread, I apologize)  if the bottom part of this order doesn't get it going, the RS will be in trouble.  Someone needs to start hitting the ball period.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

I know it is hard to fathom, but it is really really rare for all nine hitters to be hot at once.

There will be stretches this year when Nava and Victorino are struggling and Salty and Drew are hot.

And if you insist on whining about EVERYTHING, how does Middlebrooks escape criticism?  If not for that one day in Toronto, what would his season look like?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Oh and try to enjoy a game once in a while. ..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I am not sure these are the Royals we have become accustomed to.  They could be the 2008 Rays all over again.  I was really impressed by Lorenzo Cain and the catcher Perez.  Detroit might not have the cakewalk everyone assumes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

I am not sure these are the Royals we have become accustomed to.  They could be the 2008 Rays all over again.  I was really impressed by Lorenzo Cain and the catcher Perez.  Detroit might not have the cakewalk everyone assumes.

I was saying this on another thread...Shields, Santana, Guthrie, Herrera, Cain, Butler, Gordon, Moustakas, Perez, Hosmer, Escobar...Some pretty good players there...They are going to give some teams fits this year i think.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

KC may be this year's Rays, but the Rays are not going to "fade away" either. Moore seems to be taking over Shields slot nicely. The question is, can Cobb take over Moore's old slot?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Price is off to a poor start, but look at his supporting cast so far:

Moore  4-0  1.04  0.923

Hellick 1-1  3.55  0.987

A Cobb 2-1  2.53  1.266

R Hern  1-3  4.74  1.297

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

They might as well stick with Drew since they already committed the money.  If he can get hot it either helps the team or his trade value if Iglesias can show he belongs back in Boston. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

My brother told me yesterday that I stink as a fan because I expect players making 9.5 million dollars to get more than 3 hits in 30+ AB's. Also i should at least give Stephanie Drew a larger window of opportunity to showcase his skills,HUH! He has no skills! Can't hit for beans,and he's only a servicable SS defensively. So I guess you can put me in the whiner group because I want Iggy as the everyday SS.  As for Gomes he's a part time player I don't expect him to light the world on fire. Lastly comes my Saltalamachia he simply stinks as a catcher but hey it's not his fault someone should have taught him the rudiments of catching a ball properly long before he got to the major leagues. His hitting or lack there of doesn't surprise anyone.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

His hitting or lack there of doesn't surprise anyone.

Nor does your lack of baseball knowledge.

Listen to your brother more often.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

His hitting or lack there of doesn't surprise anyone.

Nor does your lack of baseball knowledge.

Listen to your brother more often.

+1

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

It just galls me that we're dumping 9.5mil on Drew. Seems like old times ... except he's healthy.

Napoli is going to earn his money this year. It's all in the incentives. He's getting the playing time and doing a pretty good job.

I'm not ragging on Middlebrooks or JBJ because they're still young, relatively cheap, and could have a very bright future with seasoning. Plus Middlebrooks is making some good plays in the hot corner.

I think the organization has good talent behind the plate, and I really don't see a realistic road to improvement for Salty. Other clubs could use a priced-right catcher with some pop. For me, the question is really about what we might get in return.

It will be a while still before we know how the Rule 4 draft may satisfy some of our long term needs. The bottom of our rotation looks weak to me, and I'd love it if we could do some trade plus cash to fix that.

I don't know how you do it, but we need a bat. Right now too many people in the lineup are having problems with getting any kind of hit consistently. If Middlebrooks continues to have uneven production maybe we could  share the time at that position by dealing for more of a stick at 3rd and offset any loss of defense by bringing Iggy back up.

Some combination of trading for a corner infielder, fixing the bottom of the rotation, and leaving the catching to Ross and Lava is very appealing to me. JBJ coming back up will have to wait for someone in the OF going cold or Ells getting injured. Again.

I'm certain we won't be anywhere near the top of the division long term if we can't fix some of these issues.