Trade With Cardinals

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

Trade With Cardinals

How about Mike Napoli, Jake Peavy and cash to the Cardinals for Allen Craig and Carlos Martinez? Would the Cardinals do this?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Trade With Cardinals

In response to razcreation's comment:
    [QUOTE]

How about Mike Napoli, Jake Peavy and cash to the Cardinals for Allen Craig and Carlos Martinez? Would the Cardinals do this?

[/QUOTE]

why the world we need to give cash to them???  bad deal!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

To pay off contacts. Allen is younger and very good career stats and Carlos Martinez could be our future closer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

To pay off contacts. Allen is younger and very good career stats and Carlos Martinez could be our future closer.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I would do it on talent, but we'd be making our hit/pitch split even worse.  Naps is a lot better than Allen, but Martinez is a pretty good arm.  Kind of like a fantasy trade where you know you're getting better, but don't how to fit everyone together.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

Allen Craig is younger and career numbers are better. He just having an off year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Cards don't need 1st baseman, got a kid named Adams hitting .329. Napoli catching different story.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Allen Craig is younger and career numbers are better. He just having an off year.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Craig is a better hitter than Napoli. Craig would be a good addition.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Craig injured his foot, last year. He just about played in WS. Could be affecting him this year, he is very good hitter. .294 Lifetime avg. He has better Minor League stats than, Tavares. Be great addition, no doubt. Last year he was the best hitter in baseball with RISP, till he got hurt. .454 avg. 2 outs RISP, .448.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Could be, but he's gone from .917 to .876 to .830 to .650.  And his W/K has gone from .42 to .41 to .30.  .40 is survivable, but .30 is usually fatal.  He should be better than .650, but I wouldn't hold out for .800.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How about Peavy, Ross (Molina is out for 8-12 weeks), and Badenhop for Carlos Martinez?

Sox4ever

Maybe  sub Miller for Badenhop and throw a couple million towards paying off Peavy's dea, l and see if they bite.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

In a heartbeat. You know we Drafted this guy, had him signed sealed and delivered. We lost him on a technicality on his contract. Cards gave him a big bonus, and he signed with them.

Hill gave me all the facts, just cant remember them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to crazy-world-of-troybrown's comment:

In a heartbeat. You know we Drafted this guy, had him signed sealed and delivered. We lost him on a technicality on his contract. Cards gave him a big bonus, and he signed with them.

Hill gave me all the facts, just cant remember them.

Dang, I must be getting old ... I could not remember sharing that information.

But upon quick research, here you go:

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/10/23/the-strange-red-sox-history-of-cardinals-flamethrower-carlos-martinez/" rel="nofollow">http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/10/23/the-strange-red-sox-history-of-cardinals-flamethrower-carlos-martinez/" rel="nofollow">http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/10/23/the-strange-red-sox-history-of-cardinals-flamethrower-carlos-martinez/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Beware of ex-Cardinals. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from razcreation. Show razcreation's posts

Carlos Martinez has the stuff. He would go good with De La Rosa, Lester, Owens and the other kids we are building toward.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Perhaps bring a 3 rd team in that could use a bat at 1 B, like Nap's.

Craig to me is the ideal Sox target--corner Inf'der, corner OF'der.

Smart hitter--he's a pro.

Maybe inc. Ross and sweeten it with Workman in the Peavy, Nap package--we get Craig/ Martinez? or a top A pitching prospect or two.

Bring up Butler--see what he can do and bring Tek in to work with these young catchers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Cards don't need a 1B.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:

Cards don't need a 1B.

Check the first line please--"3 rd team." I do realize Adams is a 1 B and the Cards don't need a 1 B. But a 3rd team may need Nap and the Cards might use Ross until Molina returns and Peavy as a starting pitcher. Workman might be used in their pen.

With the Sox wealth of starters to me either Workman goes to the pen and spot starts or deal him--maybe to Houston who might see him as a starter or set up guy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

With the Sox wealth of starters to me either Workman goes to the pen and spot starts or deal him--maybe to Houston who might see him as a starter or set up guy.

With Peavy gone soon, Lester a FA after this year, and Lackey a FA after next year, I'd hold onto all our young starters, unless they are part of a package for a young basher with several years of team control.

Sox4ever

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Thanks Hill. Losing Shipley was a big loss, too.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

I don't think the Cardinals and Red Sox are good trading partners, as each team thinks their players are worth more than the other guys players.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to SportsGenius1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think the Cardinals and Red Sox are good trading partners, as each team thinks their players are worth more than the other guys players.

[/QUOTE]

That's not something unique to just the Cardinals and Red Sox, all teams value there guys more.  There is always going to be a much greater level of comfort and familiarity with your own guys.  The Sox and Cards are not special in this way. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to seannybboi's comment:

[QUOTE]

didn't respond to your post Mc44.  If I was going to, I would have replied to your post.  

Cards don't need a 1B.

[/QUOTE]

Check the first line please--"3 rd team." I do realize Adams is a 1 B and the Cards don't need a 1 B. But a 3rd team may need Nap and the Cards might use Ross until Molina returns and Peavy as a starting pitcher. Workman might be used in their pen.

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

The OP got one trade target right.

24. This post has been removed.