Trade Youk, Pedroia, and Ellsbury ASAP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbenton87. Show bbenton87's posts

Trade Youk, Pedroia, and Ellsbury ASAP

Oh wait I'm not softy, nevermind.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Re: Trade Youk, Pedroia, and Ellsbury ASAP

Oh wait, Softlaw has never suggested trading Youk or Pedroia.

Oh wait, 30 million for Crawford and Ellsbury is not the way to get a better 2012 team. Trade Ellsbury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Youk, Pedroia, and Ellsbury ASAP:
    [QUOTE]Oh wait, Softlaw has never suggested trading Youk or Pedroia. Oh wait, 30 million for Crawford and Ellsbury is not the way to get a better 2012 team. Trade Ellsbury!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

So that we can still be paying $20M for Crawford? Paying $26M for Crawford and Jenks also isn't the way to get a better 2012 team.  Paying ~$36M for Crawford and Beckett isn't the way to get a better 2012 team either.  Nor is $34M for Crawford and Ortiz, etc, etc.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Ellsbury is an OFer who does what Crawford does, career average wise. Crawford is not tradeable. Do the math, JB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

So that we can still be paying $20M for Crawford? Paying $26M for Crawford and Jenks also isn't the way to get a better 2012 team.  Paying ~$36M for Crawford and Beckett isn't the way to get a better 2012 team either.  Nor is $34M for Crawford and Ortiz, etc, etc.

It's getting histerical here. 

Nothing like a good laugh for holiday spirit building.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Varitek and Wastefield being tendered millions is hysterical. As is paying Crawford and Ellsbury 30 million a year to do exactly the same thing on an OF that has all left feet. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why there are so many people talking about trying to trade Ellsbury or Youkilis or Pedy via like three different threads in the past many days?

It is like a Yankees fan saying, trade Cano, Gardner, Robertson, Jeter, etc to avoid salary increase via abritration or salary relief!!!!!

Boston can afford most players, and of course there are few bad contracts.  But so are the Yankees who have Burkett, Swisher, A-Rod, etc who are all a bad contract players.  Still they won the AL east division last year as well three years ago.

Leave this team alone. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Why is the agument against having two expensive outfielders on one team. Why not consider any two or three expensive fielders? Would Softlaw object to two expensive infielders who perform the same function which is playing the infield. Is it permissable for the Yankees to have ARod, Jeter, and Teixiera all with huge contracts and all playing the infield. Don't all pitchers all play the same position, how about them? If Joe DiMagggio and Mantle were on the same team, should they both be given a high salary?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Two of the three have signed team-friendly deals because they have a respect and appreciation for the team and the fans, and wish to be a part of the Red Sox long-term.  The third is coming off a year far beyond his statistical averages, has made it clear he will not re-sign with the Sox, and has seen his only friend on the team traded away in the past week.  Do the math.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Well then, we all have a big decision to make as fans who enjoy the game so much. Do we say that "All is lost" because Ellsbury won't sign with the Sox two years down the road or do we enjoy his exciting play and blossoming skills during that time. You can cry into your beer if that is your thing but I'm going to enjoy watching Ellsbury for two more years. Why not have the Ellsbury bashers and Chicken Littles meet every Tuesday night in the cemetery, play some Russian chamber music, and pig out on melba toast and seltzer water?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tbs2007. Show tbs2007's posts

Exactly Utica - Ellsbury will  not tank it the next two years, that would hurt his contract value. No matter what, the sox got his best years, SO ENJOY!

As for Pedroia, who will we replace him with? RSN fell in love with Trot Nixon for his gritty play. Pedroia is all that, not to add, a bit more!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachzap. Show coachzap's posts

[QUOTE]Two of the three have signed team-friendly deals because they have a respect and appreciation for the team and the fans, and wish to be a part of the Red Sox long-term.  The third is coming off a year far beyond his statistical averages, has made it clear he will not re-sign with the Sox, and has seen his only friend on the team traded away in the past week.  Do the math.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

A guy hits his prime and some saw it coming like myself but it wont happen again? Slo just because you and a couple of other guys want to run Ellsbury out of town doesnt make it right. Guess what he may continue to get better. Why would you say he has made it clear he wont re-sign? Did he tell you that? His only friend? Again. Did he tell you that? I think its ridiculous to let him go. We have the most exciting ballplayer in baseball. If Im him, Hell yes I leave with fans like you who would want to stay? I know this when he was absolutely destroying the baseball this past summer he had a bunch of guys that acted like friends. He was one of the few guys who played the full slate 100%.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

The team that once had Rice, Lynn and Evans, and Yaz, Reggie Smith and Tony C, suddenly can't have two outfielders worth money? Or three?
    Crawford is an albatross, because his insane salary hamstrings the OF situation is so many ways, for a long time to come. Horrible signing, that will long haunt the Sox. Thanks, Theo!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]The team that once had Rice, Lynn and Evans, and Yaz, Reggie Smith and Tony C, suddenly can't have two outfielders worth money? Or three? Crawford is an albatross, because his insane salary hamstrings the OF situation is so many ways, for a long time to come. Horrible signing, that will long haunt the Sox. Thanks, Theo!
    Posted by GhostofTito[/QUOTE]

What?  You were making sense, but then you went off the rails on the crazy train.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Youk, Pedroia, and Ellsbury ASAP : A guy hits his prime and some saw it coming like myself but it wont happen again? Slo just because you and a couple of other guys want to run Ellsbury out of town doesnt make it right. Guess what he may continue to get better. Why would you say he has made it clear he wont re-sign? Did he tell you that? His only friend? Again. Did he tell you that? I think its ridiculous to let him go. We have the most exciting ballplayer in baseball. If Im him, Hell yes I leave with fans like you who would want to stay? I know this when he was absolutely destroying the baseball this past summer he had a bunch of guys that acted like friends. He was one of the few guys who played the full slate 100%.
    Posted by coachzap[/QUOTE]
    Amen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

If it is ellsbury's desire to leave the RS, my guess he continues to play hard and for his next contract. If he doesn't desire to leave the RS, my guess he continues to play hard for his next contract.  I would think that the RS and he have a talk about his future and make it sooner than later.  As for Pedriora....forget it.  He signed a team friendly deal and is still top notch at 2nd base..no way do you let him go.  Youk is getting along and can't stay on the field.  Can't imagine who needs him so make it clear that this is his last contract with the team and then figure it out.  Trades just to trade don't work.  The RS owners let Epstein have free reign and he crapped the bed quite a few times,  the new FO team just need to pay attention and not do things just because.  I still like this team, fill a couple of gaps and lets play ball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fishers5. Show fishers5's posts

With al due respect, you clowns make me sick...and you will be the first ones that praise crawford when he plays like he did in 2010.... Lets see how it plays out....If he sucks it was a bad signing...if not  shut up and dont write about this again...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Crawford sucks. How's that?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Here's what I don't get about softy hankwilliams.  Because Crawford was a very bad bargain, he wants to dump the biggest bargain in MLB right now--Jacoby Ellsbury.  The Sox have him for two more years and should keep him for at least that long.  If he were tradeable for a frontline starter, fine, but that is very likely. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

hankwilliams = softy

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MisterGAS1970. Show MisterGAS1970's posts

Man come on..... Ellsbury is a damn Phenom. We have never in my lifetime ever had a center fielder that can do what he does. Fred Lynn is the closest thing to Ellsbury. You dont get ride of that kind of talent unless you already have an inhouse replacement that is ready to go, and that we dont have.
    Pedroia is untouchable..... period. He is the heart and soul of this club along with Ortiz.
    Crawford is another story. Yes he may have been over paid, but i know his work ethic, and passion for the game will help him get comfortable with the big market transition he has gone through. Mark my words he will hit over .300 drivie in 85-100 runs..... score 85+ runs and steal 60+ bases. Oh and did i forget his Gold glove he will win for only having one outfield error. Come on man this guy is a stud, and he had a bad season after dealing with the transition to a major market team.
    This team needs to get Gio Gonzalez to add to this rotation, and do what they have to to get the Cuban Kid and groom him to handle rightfield. He has the potential to become a serious game changer, and considering what we paid JD Drew the last 4 years this kid is a much better option. Oh yeah they also need to start Jose Iglesias and use Scuturo as a back up. jose is the future of this team along with The Cuban kid if they can land him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

We have the most exciting ballplayer in baseball

2011 season was a team debacle. Nothing exciting about it to anyone that understands team professional sports are about winning.

Ellsbury at near 10 million a year is not the best value in baseball.

A Phenom is not pushing 30 and playing for a record season collapse loser.

A Phenom does not have career median averages that Ellsbury has.

Erstad comes to mind.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveymo1234. Show daveymo1234's posts

[QUOTE]We have the most exciting ballplayer in baseball 2011 season was a team debacle. Nothing exciting about it to anyone that understands team professional sports are about winning. Ellsbury at near 10 million a year is not the best value in baseball. A Phenom is not pushing 30 and playing for a record season collapse loser. A Phenom does not have career median averages that Ellsbury has. Erstad comes to mind.
    Posted by hankwilliams[/QUOTE]

1181 posts without being banned...way to go!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Trade Youk, Pedroia, and Ellsbury ASAP": [QUOTE]Why there are so many people talking about trying to trade Ellsbury or Youkilis or Pedy via like three different threads in the past many days? It is like a Yankees fan saying, trade Cano, Gardner, Robertson, Jeter, etc to avoid salary increase via abritration or salary relief!!!!! Boston can afford most players, and of course there are few bad contracts.  But so are the Yankees who have Burkett, Swisher, A-Rod, etc who are all a bad contract players.  Still they won the AL east division last year as well three years ago. Leave this team alone.  Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE] It's not "so many people", it's softlaw (hankwilliams), and anyone who is trying to facetiously make fun of him. Like the OP in this thread. Softy's many voices make him seem possessed, but don't make the ideas any more palatable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Trade Youk, Pedroia, and Ellsbury ASAP": [QUOTE]Well then, we all have a big decision to make as fans who enjoy the game so much. Do we say that "All is lost" because Ellsbury won't sign with the Sox two years down the road or do we enjoy his exciting play and blossoming skills during that time. You can cry into your beer if that is your thing but I'm going to enjoy watching Ellsbury for two more years. Why not have the Ellsbury bashers and Chicken Littles meet every Tuesday night in the cemetery, play some Russian chamber music, and pig out on melba toast and seltzer water? Posted by UticaClub[/QUOTE] Pike, I feel as though you have had an epiphany because you are talking so much sense of late. I couldn't agree more. But oh, as it happens, they DO meet in the cemetery, but they aren't playing Russian chamber music, they're spinning old, mournful Hank Williams 33's.

Sections
Shortcuts