Trade Youk, Pedroia, and Ellsbury ASAP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Re: Trade Youk, Pedroia, and Ellsbury ASAP

I'm just happy that next year we won't have to discuss the "intangibles" that Tek brings to the table, nor the defensive prowess of JD Drew. Youk seems to want to finish his career in Cincinnati, so I'd make that possible for him. It seemed as if Ellsbury and Pedroia were the only 2 players who played hard all year and I'm not sure why guys want to unload a player who had an MVP type season. I don't get it. It almost seems as if some folks are rooting for him to fail next year so that they can claim to have been right about him. I'm not sure how that thinking helps the team out. It's kind of a strange thing to hope for a player's failure and still yourself a fan of the team.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveymo1234. Show daveymo1234's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Youk, Pedroia, and Ellsbury ASAP:
     I'm just happy that next year we won't have to discuss the "intangibles" that Tek brings to the table, nor the defensive prowess of JD Drew. Youk seems to want to finish his career in Cincinnati, so I'd make that possible for him. It seemed as if Ellsbury and Pedroia were the only 2 players who played hard all year and I'm not sure why guys want to unload a player who had an MVP type season. I don't get it. It almost seems as if some folks are rooting for him to fail next year so that they can claim to have been right about him. I'm not sure how that thinking helps the team out. It's kind of a strange thing to hope for a player's failure and still yourself a fan of the team.
    Posted by trouts

Softy is many disturbing things, liar comes to mind the most,
    but one thing he's not is a Red Sox fan

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to "Re: Trade Youk, Pedroia, and Ellsbury ASAP":
    In Response to Re: Trade Youk, Pedroia, and Ellsbury ASAP : Softy is many disturbing things, liar comes to mind the most, but one thing he's not is a Red Sox fan Posted by daveymo1234
    I'd tend to agree. I had the same thought.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rgmfick. Show rgmfick's posts

Mr. GA, Ellsbury can be a Great centerfielder.  Has to put more years similar to 2011.  Just as an aside, in 1975 the Red Sox had 2 rookie outfielders, one Jim Rice, of course has been properly honored by induction in the HOF.  The other, Fred Lynn, had an absolutely Great season in 1975, resulting in Fred being selected as Rookie of the Year and Most Valuable Player.  Fred was a better fielder, better hitter and had more natural power.  Fred did not show the basestealing stats which Jacoby has shown early, however, in fairness the Red Sox did not steal like Jacoby has been allowed to do.  Fred Lynn had injuries after the 1975 season and eventually was traded, but that season was remarkable.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Daveymo has done nothing but spew hate and dirty air. Cry baby and weasel come to mind. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

In response to "Re: Trade Youk, Pedroia, and Ellsbury ASAP": I'd tend to agree. I had the same thought.
    Posted by TheExaminer

Actually , I think Hank Williams is knowledgable on baseball , and makes a lot of good points , albeit sometimes abrasively.  Obviously , he has a blind spot where Ellsbury is concerned. Personally, I think Jacoby is on his way to being one of the best in the business. I could be wrong. Hank Williams could be wrong. Only time will tell.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Time will tell that Ellsbury is not one of the best in the business. Time will also tell that Crawford exposes spending big money on Ellsbury, so it takes an idiot to spend 30 million a year on both of them. Crawford was a contract record blunder, but he is here to stay. Ellsbury will never have more trade value then this winter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachzap. Show coachzap's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Youk, Pedroia, and Ellsbury ASAP : Softy is many disturbing things, liar comes to mind the most, but one thing he's not is a Red Sox fan
    Posted by daveymo1234
    Just became my favorite post. Anybody who pegs the clown has me as a backer. Good work.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

There are at least six teams that have two outfielders with a combined salary of $30 mil. or more and I expect to see more in the near future.  Why is this Softlaw's new rant?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

There are at least six teams that have two outfielders with a combined salary of $30 mil. or more and I expect to see more in the near future.  Why is this Softlaw's new rant?
    Posted by UticaClub

Crawford's contract is what it is. Nothing you can do about it except hope that his performance improves. There is every reason to think that it will. Regardless , I don't see how that has any effect on how to deal with Ellsbury , who obviously has surpassed Crawford in every area.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

yes in one great year by one it wipes out 4 great years by another who had a bad year... you are right on the money

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

yes in one great year by one it wipes out 4 great years by another who had a bad year... you are right on the money
    Posted by BurritoT

That's the way I see it Burrito. The present performance overrides the past performance. There was no comparison between the two players last year.  A good year or a bad year is much more significant than a good day or a bad day ; or a good month or a bad month.  A full year's performance could possibly be a fluke , but the odds are that it is not.  I truly believe that Crawford will improve, but if you are saying that you prefer him to Ellsbury at this point , then I will have to disagree.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Aoftlaw has a blind spot. Which players on the team does he like? Name them. His "blind spot" is more like advanced macular degeneration. There are some Yankee fans who respect more Red Sox players than Softlaw does.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArtWikle. Show ArtWikle's posts

I cannot believe anyone wants to trade Youk, Pedrois, Ellsbury and not sign Papi. What do you want to do go back to the day when losses were great. The Sox were the 5th best time last year and should have been 4th or higher. And you want to go back to loosing. I will take the excitement of 2011 minus April and September and be happy. Yes some years we will make the playoffs and then go with the AL and then win the World Series. I sounds like all these naysayers are not RED SOX FANS.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Aoftlaw has a blind spot. Which players on the team does he like? Name them. His "blind spot" is more like advanced macular degeneration. There are some Yankee fans who respect more Red Sox players than Softlaw does.
    Posted by UticaClub

There are a few players that he seems to like. The reason I say he has a " blind spot " with Ellsbury is that , no matter how impressive Ellsbury's performance may be , Softlaw never has a good word to say about him.  If Jacoby were to top last year's performance this season , I would wager that Softlaw would still have nothing good to say.  Have to admit though , that " passive/aggressive " thing is funny. Have to wonder if he is just putting us all on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomp4. Show boomp4's posts

Trade Ellsbury for king Felix!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from daveymo1234. Show daveymo1234's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Youk, Pedroia, and Ellsbury ASAP : Just became my favorite post. Anybody who pegs the clown has me as a backer. Good work.
    Posted by coachzap

Thanks Coach...the truth is hard on some people but it always wins out in the end

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

"There are a few players that he seems to like. The reason I say he has a " blind spot " with Ellsbury is that , no matter how impressive Ellsbury's performance may be , Softlaw never has a good word to say about him. If Jacoby were to top last year's performance this season , I would wager that Softlaw would still have nothing good to say. Have to admit though , that " passive/aggressive " thing is funny. Have to wonder if he is just putting us all on.

Isn't "putting us all on" trolling? It is unbelievable that despite the definition of trolling being posted a hundred times that so few understand what a troll is. Perhaps many come here and enjoy being "put on", deceived, toyed with, and manipulated or else they enjoy seeing others take the bait.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Softy contends that Crawford's contract is a stinker. On that issue I'm convinced that almost all of us are in agreement. That said, the logic that we then have to then unload, arguably, our best player escapes me. Certainly Ellsbury's trade value has never been higher, but that is because he is seen as one of the best players in baseball. I like having one of the most exciting players in the game on my team and my approach would be to build around him and Pedroia. That Crawford's monstously bad contract may hamper the Sox the way JD Drew's did really is irrelevant to keeping a guy who may become the best player on the team for years. Happily, there is no salary cap in baseball so baseball owners can--and do--screw up fairly often. Hopefully the one screw-up they won't make is unloading Jacoby Ellsbury. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Softy contends that Crawford's contract is a stinker. On that issue I'm convinced that almost all of us are in agreement. That said, the logic that we then have to then unload, arguably, our best player escapes me. Certainly Ellsbury's trade value has never been higher, but that is because he is seen as one of the best players in baseball. I like having one of the most exciting players in the game on my team and my approach would be to build around him and Pedroia. That Crawford's monstously bad contract may hamper the Sox the way JD Drew's did really is irrelevant to keeping a guy who may become the best player on the team for years. Happily, there is no salary cap in baseball so baseball owners can--and do--screw up fairly often. Hopefully the one screw-up they won't make is unloading Jacoby Ellsbury. 
    Posted by trouts

Most are in agreement that Crawford's first year was below expectations. I don't see where most of the forum expects that he will perform like that for the remaining six years. Many expect him to turn it around this coming season. The trolls, cynics, skeptics, and pessimists are in complete agreement that the next six years will be the same as the first.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Youk, Pedroia, and Ellsbury ASAP : Most are in agreement that Crawford's first year was below expectations. I don't see where most of the forum expects that he will perform like that for the remaining six years. Many expect him to turn it around this coming season. The trolls, cynics, skeptics, and pessimists are in complete agreement that the next six years will be the same as the first.
    Posted by UticaClub
    Point of order. The skeptics are waiting to see what happens. So far all we have to go one is a bad season. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from saxydogg77. Show saxydogg77's posts

Egads, now we have people starting threads trolling on a troll?  Is this some kind of "snake eating it's own tail" type of deal?  We should all face facts:  Softlaw is the most entertaining thing on this page, hence, why my visits are few and far between.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Over 142 million dollars for seven years---I'm not sure I've heard many people describe that as a great deal. I didn't ding him all year in hopes that he would turn it around, but in the end he just stunk it up. I'd like to see him do better, but I'm sorry, his performance this year makes that contract look like an absolute stinker.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UticaClub. Show UticaClub's posts

Egads, now we have people starting threads trolling on a troll?  Is this some kind of "snake eating it's own tail" type of deal?  We should all face facts:  Softlaw is the most entertaining thing on this page, hence, why my visits are few and far between.
    Posted by saxydogg77

What is your definition of trolling? A troll comes here with the sole intent of annoying and irritating those who do not come here for that reason. A troll would never wish to annoy / irritate those who are also trying to do the same thing  as he is. You never saw Babe trying to annoy Softlaw or vice versa. Trolls enjoy seeing what fellow trolls are doing and are amused by it. So "trolling on a troll" never really happens. Did you ever see Yazzer trolling the Babe? They seemed to agree on 100% of what each was saying. Did you ever see a pickpocket target another pickpocket?

Sections
Shortcuts