Trade Youk...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

Trade Youk...

If he bats 4th again this year I will LAUGH b/c that's all I can do. He is not a 4 hitter and an average 3rd baseman.....I screamed for Beltre and got shot down. Youk is a 5 to 7 hitter and a first baseman. If he can play right field keep him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

Re: Trade Youk...

In Response to Trade Youk...:
    [QUOTE]If he bats 4th again this year I will LAUGH b/c that's all I can do. He is not a 4 hitter and an average 3rd baseman.....I screamed for Beltre and got shot down. Youk is a 5 to 7 hitter and a first baseman. If he can play right field keep him.
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]I said last spring that we should package him up in a trade for King Felix and got called a traitor and a turncoat. Now all we can do is hope that he gets healthy and starts hitting again.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

It would be unwise to trade a player when his value is down.

Seattle has little need for an ailing corner infielder who turns 33 in March.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots1a2. Show patriots1a2's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Youk...:
    [QUOTE]It would be unwise to trade a player when his value is down. Seattle has little need for an ailing corner infielder who turns 33 in March.
    Posted by hill55[/QUOTE]

So thanks again THEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another great move. Beltre is doing what in Texas??

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Youk... : So thanks again THEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another great move. Beltre is doing what in Texas??
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]You do know that Beltre only played in 124 games to Youk's 120, is also 32 and is owed another $66M compared to Youkilis who is owed $12M plus a $1M buyout at the end of 2012?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Trade Youk... : I said last spring that we should package him up in a trade for King Felix and got called a traitor and a turncoat. Now all we can do is hope that he gets healthy and starts hitting again.
    Posted by carnie[/QUOTE]

Carnie, you get judged on here by ALL of your posts. After reading all of your posts then forum regulars can determine if you are objective or subjective,
    optimistic or pessimistic, cynical and a downer, or an optimist. We give no points to a complete downer since a Yankee closet troll can pretend that he is a Red Sox fan who is down on his team. Many of the regulars are Yankee fans pretending that they are Red Sox fans - even Harness admitted this last night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Youk... : You do know that Beltre only played in 124 games to Youk's 120, is also 32 and is owed another $66M compared to Youkilis who is owed $12M plus a $1M buyout at the end of 2012?
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

To that I'll add...at the All Star break before his sports hernia Youk had the best numbers of any third baseman on pace to equal his career norms with an OPS north of 900 but lets not let facts get in the way...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Youk... : So thanks again THEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Another great move. Beltre is doing what in Texas??
    Posted by patriots1a2[/QUOTE]

I wanted Beltre as well and actually would have slid Youk to DH.  I don't think he is a solid 3-4 guy but at the 5-6 spot he is a luxury.  I can't see them dealing him.  I just don't. 
    Youk++ for David Wright makes my heart warm.  But zero chance I get my favorite player outside of Boston.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Youk... : I wanted Beltre as well and actually would have slid Youk to DH.  I don't think he is a solid 3-4 guy but at the 5-6 spot he is a luxury.  I can't see them dealing him.  I just don't.  Youk++ for David Wright makes my heart warm.  But zero chance I get my favorite player outside of Boston.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Did you put these preferences on record last winter or are they after the fact or using 20-20 hindsight vision?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

IMO the Sox need to determine what to do with Ortiz, if he leaves Youk might be in line to DH. I would move him for pitching if oppurtunity arises.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Batting Youk 4th......Genius move.  I wouldn't lose any sleep if we were to release Youk tomorrow. 

It's going to take a long time to wash the Francona stink off. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rutland76. Show Rutland76's posts

[QUOTE]Batting Youk 4th......Genius move.  I wouldn't lose any sleep if we were to release Youk tomorrow.  It's going to take a long time to wash the Francona stink off. 
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

What are you doing these days without a gamethread to go to and bash the Red Sox? It's going to be a long winter.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Youk... : What are you doing these days without a gamethread to go to and bash the Red Sox? It's going to be a long winter.
    Posted by Rutland76[/QUOTE]

HE's back

Hey Pike,  Get kicked off again Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.......Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ha.....Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ......Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

I guess your reading comprehension is as poor as your people skills.  I never bashed the Red Sox just you.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Youk... : Did you put these preferences on record last winter or are they after the fact or using 20-20 hindsight vision?
    Posted by Rutland76[/QUOTE]

To be honest I didnt want Beltre to leave.  I was thrilled with Agon/Youk.  I just wanted to find a way to keep Beltre.  He played so hard through injury.  Said he loved Boston and wanted to come back.   Was loved by his team mates and fans.  I wanted Agon and realized this meant moving Youk to 3B and meant Beltre wasnt coming back.  I just wanted there to be a way.  I really liked him. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I do recall some of us mentioning a 3-way rotation of the DH between AGon, Beltre and Youk. Of course we wouldn't have Papi's big year, and we'd be out a chunk of change more over a longer term, but still...

The true measure of the Beltre and VMart signings will be in 2-3 years (and beyond for Beltre).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

[QUOTE]If he bats 4th again this year I will LAUGH b/c that's all I can do. He is not a 4 hitter and an average 3rd baseman.....I screamed for Beltre and got shot down. Youk is a 5 to 7 hitter and a first baseman. If he can play right field keep him.

BOY?????    This is a tough one, as I have always LOVED YUKE!  Tough couple of years for him though!!!   We might have to face the fact that Yuke does NOT have a very durable body!!!!!   Beltre????  LOVED THE GUY!  I also wanted to keep him!!!!

Whatever happens with Yuke?  I hope he is able to make a comeback!!!  As for being a 4 hitter?????   Absolutely NOT!   Perhaps a 3 or 5????   IF...... He's back in his BEST form????  Not sure if those days are gone????  Sure hope not!!!!   VERY POOR YEAR!  His body was clearly broken down!   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Plea if you like, but Youk has no trade value at this time, only hope is to help him get back in the groove and then options can be reassed. In hindsight trading him might have made sense but I was not smart enough to advocate it at that time so I won't issue any "I told you so's" now. I DID want Beltre back but yeah, whether he lives up to the entirety of that contract remains to be seen. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Players not under long term contract and coming off career years should be considered trade bait. Youk is not one of those cases any more. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Youk... : To that I'll add...at the All Star break before his sports hernia Youk had the best numbers of any third baseman on pace to equal his career norms with an OPS north of 900 but lets not let facts get in the way...
    Posted by Beantowne[/QUOTE]

To that I'll add, lead all AL players in OPS and wOBA from 2008-2011.  Trailed only Albert Pujols in all of MLB in those categories in that timeframe...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

You aren't the only Red Sox fan that believes that Beltre is a better option that Youkilis.   I have read many posts that agree with you.  Beltre is a much better 3rd baseman than him.  I just think that signing Beltre and trading Youk wasn't something that the Red Sox front office every considered.   I wouldn't mind seeing him traded, but not sure that it will happen. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Trade Youk... : You aren't the only Red Sox fan that believes that Beltre is a better option that Youkilis.   I have read many posts that agree with you.  Beltre is a much better 3rd baseman than him.  I just think that signing Beltre and trading Youk wasn't something that the Red Sox front office every considered.   I wouldn't mind seeing him traded, but not sure that it will happen. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

I agree susan, at the time Youk was one of/if not our best OBP guy with solid production which he can hopefully regain this season.  I think we should give Middlebrooks a full year at AAA and see if he has what it takes.  Sign Papi for a couple years then move Youk to DH if he is still producing.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Youk... : I wanted Beltre as well and actually would have slid Youk to DH.  I don't think he is a solid 3-4 guy but at the 5-6 spot he is a luxury.  I can't see them dealing him.  I just don't.  Youk++ for David Wright makes my heart warm.  But zero chance I get my favorite player outside of Boston.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Cant have both.  Since someone on this board already posted that Beltre only played 124 games while Youkilis played 120 games.  What if they both were on the DL at the same time?  Who will play at 3B for like up to 30 games until both come back?  Cant have 25 plus millions dollars players going on the DL.

Why we all have to concentrate talent power hitters.  Was Mueller a talent power hitter?  no...was Orlando a talent power hitter? no......was Belhorn a talent power hitter? no  But they just all able to play good defense.   Also all can just hit the ball just like JD Drew. Funny part is that they all have won world series title!!!  

That is why I think JD Drew can come back just to be a back up OF at a low reasonable cost!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Youk... : You do know that Beltre only played in 124 games to Youk's 120, is also 32 and is owed another $66M compared to Youkilis who is owed $12M plus a $1M buyout at the end of 2012?
    Posted by fivekatz[/QUOTE]

And, Youk struck out 100 times in 517 PAs, while Belte had 53 Ks in 524 PAs.
    Epsten screwed the pooch on that one.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trade Youk... : Cant have both.  Since someone on this board already posted that Beltre only played 124 games while Youkilis played 120 games.  What if they both were on the DL at the same time?  Who will play at 3B for like up to 30 games until both come back?  Cant have 25 plus millions dollars players going on the DL. Why we all have to concentrate talent power hitters.  Was Mueller a talent power hitter?  no...was Orlando a talent power hitter? no......was Belhorn a talent power hitter? no  But they just all able to play good defense.   Also all can just hit the ball just like JD Drew. Funny part is that they all have won world series title!!!   That is why I think JD Drew can come back just to be a back up OF at a low reasonable cost!!!   
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

I actually think that plan A and B was to keep either Beltre or Victor, and either DH Youk/3B Beltre, or DH Victor/3b Youk, and walk on Ortiz. I believe that upper management intervened and Sox kept Ortiz against Theo's wishes.
    Water under the bridge.
    Agreed, if healthy, Youk is still a top 5 OPS player with an extremely friendly contract. My concern is playing 3B for 145-150 games is too much on his body

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

I think that Youk, Buch packaged with 2 good ( Like Reddick , Anderson) prospects & a could be good prospect may get us Kemp. I think that Youk , Anderson & Bowden could get us Either. We a outfielder who can hit & either one can hit.
     Lers say we trade Youk , Buch, Anderson , Reddick & a prospect for Kemp.

Our OF would be Kemp, Ells & Crawford.
    Let Ortiz walk & pay prince 5 / 125 to DH & Play first when Agon gets a day off.

can't a fan dream. I love Kemp & Prince ( Prince for 5 years) & hope that one will
    wear a sax uniform next year.

Sections
Shortcuts