Trade Youk...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Trade Youk...

In Response to Re: Trade Youk...:
    My choice for a stopgap 3B would be Aaron Hill. By my prediction is the Sox sign Michael Cuddyer and keep both him and Youkilis involved at 3B/DH.  I do doubt Youkilis wants to DH just yet...
    Posted by notin

Not a bad choice in the likely event the Diamondbacks don't pick up the $8 million option for 2012 and if Hill can be an adequate defender at third base.

Other possbilities include Kevin Kouzmanoff, Wilson Betemit and Jose Lopez.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dangr76. Show dangr76's posts

I actually agree.  I think getting Gonzo shortened Youk's career because 3rd base is a grinding position and Youk plays all out so I see him winding up like Mike Lowell. I say trade him while you can.  He has always wanted to play for his hometown Reds and they are looking for a middle of the lineup hitter.  Sox could get a SP for him and have some prospects in Pawtucket that could take over 3rd or could go FA route.  This pitcher doesn't seem bad, Win/Loss % has gotten better every year and ERA has gone down every year.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/cuetojo01.shtml?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker&utm_campaign=Linker

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hankwilliams. Show hankwilliams's posts

Do not touch Cuddyer. Overpaid platoon player who would be a bad patch. Hermida was thought to be a low risk and high reward that cost over 3M. Red Sox need to trade for a superstar RH OF, sell the windfall 2011 of Ellsbury as Crawford is not coming off the books with out a foolish writeoff or return worse player with a terrible contract.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

They're not going to trade Kemp for Ellsbury.

In fact, I  bet if anything, the Dodgers extend Kemp this off-season.   And I am not the first to specualkte this.

Dave Stewart his agent, is among that crowd.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/22/mvp-candidate-matt-kemp-likely-to-seek-extension-with-dodgers/

Granted, they all say things like "I want to be a ______ for the rest of my career."   But it does make sense for Kemp to try and get some $$$ a year early.

There are reasons to consider moving Ellsbury, but for those same reasons he is unlikely to get back a "superstar" right fielder, the kind you are thinking of.  And he ceratinly won't bring back Justin Upton...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In Response to Re: Trade Youk...:
    Do not touch Cuddyer. Overpaid platoon player who would be a bad patch. Hermida was thought to be a low risk and high reward that cost over 3M. Red Sox need to trade for a superstar RH OF, sell the windfall 2011 of Ellsbury as Crawford is not coming off the books with out a foolish writeoff or return worse player with a terrible contract.
    Posted by hankwilliams

And actually, the Cuddyer suggestions had nothing to do with RF.  In fact, the only time he was brought up in this thread as a RF is to mention what a bad idea it was...

Sections
Shortcuts