Trade...when do you think it happens?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Trade...when do you think it happens?

With the gluttony of catching and surplus infielders...we seem set for a trade. When do you think Ben makes a move?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Trade...when do you think it happens?

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

With the gluttony of catching and surplus infielders...we seem set for a trade. When do you think Ben makes a move?

[/QUOTE]

We do not have a glut of catchers if Napoli falls through.   So nothing  on that front until that gets resolved...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right now it looks like Iglesias starts the year in Pawtucket, Drew starts at short and Ciriaco is the utility infielder.  If Napoli pans out, they'll likely get a lefty bat who can play first and possibly the outfield, but I don't think it will be Swisher.  If Napoli falls through, then I think they'll try to sign Laroche. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Salty Ross, Lava Begone, Naps1st Base.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to jasko2248's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right now it looks like Iglesias starts the year in Pawtucket, Drew starts at short and Ciriaco is the utility infielder.  If Napoli pans out, they'll likely get a lefty bat who can play first and possibly the outfield, but I don't think it will be Swisher.  If Napoli falls through, then I think they'll try to sign Laroche. 

[/QUOTE]

me too. i would want swish more but i think if the sox had to choose to surrender their second pick to it would be the nats over the yankees.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

I head Ethier became available.  Salty and Brentz could be starters for Ethier.  Ells could be traded for a pitcher.  Vic at CF, Ethier at RF

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

me too. i would want swish more but i think if the sox had to choose to surrender their second pick to it would be the nats over the yankees.

[/QUOTE]
    Thee Sox pick is dissolved, not transferrrd. Compensation is a sandwich pick only

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to seannybboi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I head Ethier became available.  Salty and Brentz could be starters for Ethier.  Ells could be traded for a pitcher.  Vic at CF, Ethier at RF

[/QUOTE]
    Andre Ethier is signed through 2017 to the tune of 85 million...I can't see the Sox having any interest in that contract at all...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Andre Ethier is signed through 2017 to the tune of 85 million...I can't see the Sox having any interest in that contract at all...

[/QUOTE]

also heard the Dodgers are willing to cover some of his contract.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Perhaps the Dodgers would take Lackey for Ethier and Cash as they would like to add Swish?? I would like to add Swish to play either RF or 1 b if Nap is a no go.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

also heard the Dodgers are willing to cover some of his contract.  

[/QUOTE]

Ethier Is Peedys Buddy, Vic-LF Ells-CF Eithier-RF Naps-1B, Pic Up Lohse Or Marcum.......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasko2248. Show jasko2248's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Perhaps the Dodgers would take Lackey for Ethier and Cash as they would like to add Swish?? I would like to add Swish to play either RF or 1 b if Nap is a no go.

[/QUOTE]

The Dodgers are trying to unload starting pitching.  Why would they have any interest in Lackey?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Dodgers are looking for a lefty reliever now.  Salty, Brentz, Miller and Melancon for Ethier, mid-level prospect and cash.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

Dodgers are looking for a lefty reliever now.  Salty, Brentz, Miller and Melancon for Ethier, mid-level prospect and cash.  

[/QUOTE]

I Would Rather See Lava Go Before Salty, Salty Brings 25 Hr,s....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Salty , Miller, Iggy and Bard for Ethier and Billingsley.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to notin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mef429's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Thee Sox pick is dissolved, not transferrrd. Compensation is a sandwich pick only

[/QUOTE]

thanks notin. still getting a grasp of the new FA comp rules.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to 56redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I Would Rather See Lava Go Before Salty, Salty Brings 25 Hr,s....

[/QUOTE]

salty is signed for 1 more season. lava has years of team control left and could turn into a 30 HR/year guy. if i had to pick 1 to trade, it would be salty. his value for the present is greater, and that increases if the receiving team is a contender

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree with this trade except for the Dodgers might not be willing to give us an additional player. They also may not take Melancon. They also have A.J. Ellis, who had a solid year last year.

Three way deal:

Red Sox get: Ethier, Holland, cash

Dodgers get: Salty, Brentz, Miller, mid-level prospect(s)

Rangers get: Ellsbury, Ellis

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tom-uk. Show tom-uk's posts

With the signing of Victorino last week, the Red Sox now have 39 players on their 40-man roster -- and they haven't officially signed Dempster, Napoli or Koji Uehara, let alone Drew. It stands to reason that a trade or two could be in the works in order to free up roster space.http://blogs.providencejournal.com/sports/red-sox/2012/12/red-sox-sign-stephen-drew-to-one-year-deal.html

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

Unless the Sox get the right compensation back, I doubt that any trades will be made despite the roster being at 40 now that Uehara has signed officially.

As it stands right now, here's the 25 man roster for opening day:

1. Salty (C)
    2. Napoli (1B)
    3. Pedroia (2B)
    4. Drew (SS)
    5. Middlebrooks (3B)
    6. Gomes (LF)
    7. Ellsbury (CF)
    8. Victorino (RF)
    9. Ortiz (DH)
    10. Lester (SP1)
    11. Buccholz (SP2)
    12. Lackey (SP3)
    13. Doubront (SP4)
    14. Dempster (SP5)
    15. Bailey (CL)
    16. Uehara (BP2)
    17. Bard (BP3)
    18. Aceves (BP4)
    19. Morales (BP5)
    20. Miller (BP6)
    21. Breslow (BP7)
    22. Ross (C2)
    23. Kalish (OF4)
    24. Ciriaco (IF)
    25. Backup 1B/OF

Iggy, Lavarnway, & Melancon head to Pawtucket

The tradeable commodities would be Lavarnway, Miller or Morales (although I'd be hesitant to move him), & Melancon. If someone is looking for a defensive SS in the deal than adios Iggy.

With all that said I'd like to  move roster pieces and a prospect or two for someone like Kendry Morales...although he could change the entire look of the roster, playing 1B and OF, while Napoli could catch more. As a switch hitter Morales might be a nice offensive fit.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Here's the current 40 man roster:

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/team/roster_40man.jsp?c_id=bos

As stated above all 40 slots are full and Drew, Dempster and Nap aren't on it.

They have time and the can DFA if no trades are made.

DFA candidates if no trades:

Hassan, Beato, Pimental, Butler, Nava(not currently on the 25 man  depth chart). Who might get claimed and in this order--Pimental, Beato, Nava, Butler, Hassan.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Soxdog67's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Unless the Sox get the right compensation back, I doubt that any trades will be made despite the roster being at 40 now that Uehara has signed officially.

As it stands right now, here's the 25 man roster for opening day:

1. Salty (C)
    2. Napoli (1B)
    3. Pedroia (2B)
    4. Drew (SS)
    5. Middlebrooks (3B)
    6. Gomes (LF)
    7. Ellsbury (CF)
    8. Victorino (RF)
    9. Ortiz (DH)
    10. Lester (SP1)
    11. Buccholz (SP2)
    12. Lackey (SP3)
    13. Doubront (SP4)
    14. Dempster (SP5)
    15. Bailey (CL)
    16. Uehara (BP2)
    17. Bard (BP3)
    18. Aceves (BP4)
    19. Morales (BP5)
    20. Miller (BP6)
    21. Breslow (BP7)
    22. Ross (C2)
    23. Kalish (OF4)
    24. Ciriaco (IF)
    25. Backup 1B/OF

Iggy, Lavarnway, & Melancon head to Pawtucket

The tradeable commodities would be Lavarnway, Miller or Morales (although I'd be hesitant to move him), & Melancon. If someone is looking for a defensive SS in the deal than adios Iggy.

With all that said I'd like to  move roster pieces and a prospect or two for someone like Kendry Morales...although he could change the entire look of the roster, playing 1B and OF, while Napoli could catch more. As a switch hitter Morales might be a nice offensive fit.

[/QUOTE]

Yup! That is easily a 95 win roster.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, there are alot of teams that are looking to make a trade, but they are having a hard time making one.  Like Arizona.  They alway want to trade Justin Upston, but they are asking way too much in return.  Does that give Boston an advantage on trading Ellsbury?  Maybe not since Ellsubry is in his last year contract.  These teams know that if they would like to have 48 to 72 hours window period to try to give Ellsbury a new contract, but they all know they will fail cuz of Scott Boras.

Really, Boston should not be in any hurry to try to make a trade.  Their team is pretty all set except Napoli.  I rather to see Boston to make a blockbuster trade to get one very good pitcher in return like Felix or Cueto or Cain or like that!!

For now, Bosto can just stay pact!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to looneyman's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Salty , Miller, Iggy and Bard for Ethier and Billingsley.

[/QUOTE] I would make that deal twice on Sunday if I were the Sox.

Sections
Shortcuts