Trey Ball Update

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Trey Ball Update

Thought that Drew would enjoy this...check out his starts this month...

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t428&t=p_pbp&pid=640441

As always - 100% correct!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Trey Ball Update

Oh hey scout gerome...how many of his games did you go to this month???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

He's actually been pitching very well lately, 4 out of his last 5 starts have been very good. 

3.31 ERA 

7.58 K/9

5.68 H/9 

2.84 BB/9

The strike outs could be a little higher but those peripheals are pretty remarkeable considering his slow start.

Remember FIRST YEAR HIGH SCHOOL DRAFTEE

Michael Chavis was drafted first this year, and he's batting .056 going 2 for 36 with 15 K's

Are you ready to give up on him????

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

19ip / 7er  what is that like a 3.4 ERA?  not terrible

16k / 6BB....not too terrible.

what's your point????

other names i have posted under:  none

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

19ip / 7er  what is that like a 3.4 ERA?  not terrible

16k / 6BB....not too terrible.

what's your point????

[/QUOTE]

Gerome is stuck on this ideal that he's a bust.  Because a high school draftee comes out and lays in egg his first two months in pro ball Gerome thinks he could never be good.

He'd be a freshman in college this year.  Me and Notin SCHOOLED Gerome on this topic a month ago and Gerome had no rebuttal and just went away.  

SO MR. GEROME PRO SCOUT what say you about Chavis? are you ready to call him a bust after 36 at bats???

with such small sample sizes you'd think Gerome would be ready to crown Drew the MVP

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

the point of this was to show you that 3/4 starts this month were excellent and that he seems to be improving...but I doubt Drew (the great minor league Grand Puba, even bothered to read my link or even what i said in the OP)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Definitely some hopeful signs from him lately.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to georom4's comment:

the point of this was to show you that 3/4 starts this month were excellent and that he seems to be improving...but I doubt Drew (the great minor league Grand Puba, even bothered to read my link or even what i said in the OP)

Dude...your link was his stats page!!!!

How do you think I was able to calculate what his Peripherals were???

I think your losing it buddy.

EDIT.  Just like I said it was ridiculous of you to ridicule the pick based on such a short sample size it also applies to him "turning the corner"

Honestly I could care less if he is good or lays an egg for the rest of the year.  If he grows and becomes a better pitcher from it then great. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

And excuse me for sensing sarcasms from someone who has gone off on tirades on teenage prospects before they even throw a pitch and in feels privileged to nick name after a MLB player. (did you come up with that all on your own? I'm impressed....it rhymes with my name too) 

so EXCUSE ME for not taking you seriously.

and FWIW I still don't think you're being serious. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And excuse me for sensing sarcasms from someone who has gone off on tirades on teenage prospects before they even throw a pitch and in feels privileged to nick name after a MLB player. (did you come up with that all on your own? I'm impressed....it rhymes with my name too) 

[/QUOTE]

you're doing a lot of thinking...most of it wrong....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes maybe I can make a little catch phrase like.

As always....100% wrong. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Dude, if you can't actually make a point and debate please stop embarrassing yourself by calling people names or making general statements instead of actual talking points.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As always....100% wrong. 

[/QUOTE]

Hey Hugh, you may have to get permission to use that phrase. I think it's owned already by FOX NEWS.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As always....100% wrong. 

[/QUOTE]

Hey Hugh, you may have to get permission to use that phrase. I think it's owned already by FOX NEWS.

[/QUOTE]

HAA!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from chickenandboose. Show chickenandboose's posts

Give him 4 years to build a nice track record before claiming he is a bust. I myself acted like a fool by telling people he was a bust but honestly he is so raw and young...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

His name alone should get him a start in the bigs someday....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsoxProspects. Show RedsoxProspects's posts

I didn't want to draft Trey Ball but by all accounts this is a positive, hard working kid and he's athletic and big. Maybe the Sox thought he would add some weight over time or maybe they like pitchers with long skinny fingers ( for all I know ...Buchholz? ). He was raw as heck as a 2 way playerin high school  and from a cold weather climate. Baseball America was real high on him as were others. Apparently didn't even try throwing a curveball until his junior year. 

To me, you don't take a kid this raw at #7 but there is zero reason not to root for this fine young man. He seems like a great kid. I hope he's an all star!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to RedsoxProspects' comment:
    [QUOTE]

I didn't want to draft Trey Ball but by all accounts this is a positive, hard working kid and he's athletic and big. Maybe the Sox thought he would add some weight over time or maybe they like pitchers with long skinny fingers ( for all I know ...Buchholz? ). He was raw as heck as a 2 way playerin high school  and from a cold weather climate. Baseball America was real high on him as were others. Apparently didn't even try throwing a curveball until his junior year. 

To me, you don't take a kid this raw at #7 but there is zero reason not to root for this fine young man. He seems like a great kid. I hope he's an all star!

[/QUOTE]

I think one reason why the Sox took a kid who was so raw was because of the overall weakness in the 2013 draft class.  After the first several picks there was a huge drop off in talent.  All the picks that were available to the Sox at that time were very similar to the types of guys and the level of talent they are use to drafting.  Trey Ball was a risky pick, but it also represented a significant upside that if realized, could be one of the better players to come out of that draft.  They never get top 10 picks and wanted to use it to bet on upside.

Personally I was hoping to see Fraziers name come off the board to the Sox, and when he wasn't there I was looking for Meadows.  But I understand, and can't argue with the Sox rational and overall philosophy there at #7

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

Don't look now, but "T-Baller" has a 3.00 ERA and 1.06 WHIP over his last 7 games. Only once in that span has he allowed more than 2 ER in a start.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to Flapjack07's comment:

Don't look now, but "T-Baller" has a 3.00 ERA and 1.06 WHIP over his last 7 games. Only once in that span has he allowed more than 2 ER in a start.

Hopefully he can keep it up.  I would like to see him striking out more guys in A ball, but his control seems to be very good for someone as young and inexperienced to pro ball as he is. \

I know one thing......I'm not going to come to any definitive conclusions one way or another based on a few starts.  It is very encouraging to see him perform better as of lately.

I'd imagine he has an innings limit, so he probably only gets a few more starts. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flapjack07. Show Flapjack07's posts

True. It's not like it's reason to jump up and down, but 7 starts is relevant when people were declaring him a bust after <15 professional starts.

I'm in the 'get back to me in a few years' camp, which I think is the only sensible position with a kid so young and raw.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

True. It's not like it's reason to jump up and down, but 7 starts is relevant when people were declaring him a bust after <15 professional starts.

I'm in the 'get back to me in a few years' camp, which I think is the only sensible position with a kid so young and raw.

[/QUOTE]

Raw kids like that are not worth the highest draft pick in 25 years...that was a reach

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

[QUOTE]

Raw kids like that are not worth the highest draft pick in 25 years...that was a reach

[/QUOTE]

And how well did you know the 2013 draft class???? by almost every expert account out there it was considered one of the weakest in years.  Teams draft raw highschoolers every single year in the first round, let alone weak drafts with no impact college talent at the top.

Even this years draft, the #1 pick was a high school pitcher. And Trey Ball was ranked in the top 10 by most people before the draft.  So by what measure (other than a non expert hindsight) is this pick a reach????

Baseball America had him projected at going #8 overall

http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/jim-callis-2013-mock-draft-2-0/" rel="nofollow">http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/jim-callis-2013-mock-draft-2-0/" rel="nofollow">http://www.baseballamerica.com/draft/jim-callis-2013-mock-draft-2-0/

So please tell, how was this pick a reach?????

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In 66 at bats this years first round draft pick Michael Chavis is batting .167 with an .286 OBP and a whooping .543 OPS, 0 home runs and 24 K's.

Can we start bashing him yet Mr. Gerome???

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Michael Chavis last 10 GM: .300/.432/.866 OPS