Triple Play

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sheriff-Rojas. Show Sheriff-Rojas's posts

Triple Play

It is inevitable that somebody has got to open a discussion about it, so I'll be the one.  I realize that it's mostly about luck and circumstance, but still such a great thang to behold when it's your team.  I don't think I can recall ever seeing one on a live broadcast. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Triple Play

In Response to Triple Play:
    [QUOTE]It is inevitable that somebody has got to open a discussion about it, so I'll be the one.  I realize that it's mostly about luck and circumstance, but still such a great thang to behold when it's your team.  I don't think I can recall ever seeing one on a live broadcast. 
    Posted by Sheriff-Rojas[/QUOTE]
    Scott Hatteburg hit into an unassisted one then in his next AB hit a Grand Slam. I can't think or anyothers I remember watching.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Not sure of what team, but I recall seeing another triple play recently on ESPN.  I would say that it happened a couple of days ago. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from crmn19. Show crmn19's posts

In Response to Re: Triple Play:
    [QUOTE]Not sure of what team, but I recall seeing another triple play recently on ESPN.  I would say that it happened a couple of days ago. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]

The Brewers had one against the Dodgers (second to first to home or some such odd route) Monday night.  They also had four double plays, for what were probably some quick innings.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

In all my years following the Red Sox this is the first one I ever witnessed on a live broadcast. Funny thing is, my wife had been asking me recently about triple plays. I told her I'd never seen one live before. I've been a fan since 1972 and she has only been one since the end of the 2003 season. And now she has witnessed 2 championships and a triple play! But she had to pay a steep price to do this. She had to marry me!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

The great thing about this one was that it was done the traditional way, the hard way.  I've seen replays of other triple plays but they were of the type where a fielder catches a ball that the runners thought was uncatchable so the runners got caught 90' from their base.This was a traditional 5-4-3 and it was pretty darn impressive!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

yeah, that triple play; makes you almost forget the SOX had a total of 6 hits in that day-nighter. not to worry, they'll start hitting again when they get back to fenway.
    hold on; what's that? they are back at fenway. nevermind.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

[QUOTE]It is inevitable that somebody has got to open a discussion about it, so I'll be the one.  I realize that it's mostly about luck and circumstance, but still such a great thang to behold when it's your team.  I don't think I can recall ever seeing one on a live broadcast. 

The "triple play" was fun to watch and at the time really pulled us out of a possible big inning for the Rays.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

Only 30 of them in the entire history of the team, and you certainly don't see them completed around the horn that often. For me, it was living testament to why Pedey is the best second baseman in the league, especially when you add his "damn the torpedoes full steam ahead" way of playing the game, which may be unmatched in all of MLB. In my days, I was a second baseman, and there is certainly no one in the league I enjoy watching play more than Pedey (and on that play, he got rid of the relay faster than anyone I have seen recently).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

The triple play I remember was the one Jody Reed grounded into....I was watching the game at a friend's house and her father commented: "wow - you don't see that too often.  Too bad it was against us."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

The triple play was nice but unfortunately the thrill was kind of snuffed out by subsequent events in the game, including the double steal by the Rays.

However, to end on a positive note, I agree with pschuller that it was an absolutely phenomenal turn at second by Pedey.  The guy is unreal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

When the ball is hit right near the third base bag , it is not that much different from your standard around the horn double play. Pretty much tailor made. Nice to see , but it can't obscure the poor throws to the plate by Lowrie and the overall lack of offense. The triple play is small consolation for the loss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rizzuto1965. Show Rizzuto1965's posts

Actually, I find any triple-play entertaining in and of itself.  It is rare, so it's fun to see no matter which team (unless you are a fan of the team that just hit INTO the triple-play...and even then it's fun...if your team still wins the game, that is...) turns it.  Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

John Valentin unassisted triple play was sweet...only 10 or so ever in MLB HX...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts