Troy Tulowitzki

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Troy Tulowitzki

Pete Abraham mentioned, Tulo is looking for a change of scenery.

A two time Gold Glover, who had been over ,900 OPS three times, and finished in the top ten in MVP voting four times.

He's only 27 years old, and carrys a big right handed bat, and is a bigtime player, although his post season stats aren't exactly great.

He makes 5.5 million, which is a steal for someone of his ilk. He's been injured most of this season with a groin injury ,and the Rockies have found a nice replacement in Josh Rutledge.

Could be the time to approach Colorado about moving Tulo.

Imagine him in a Sox uniform?

Now we'll get Softy calling him an overpriced bum. Whatever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

Re: Troy Tulowitzki

In response to rightymclefty's comment:

A two time Gold Glover, who had been over ,900 OPS three times, and finished in the top ten in MVP voting four times.

He's only 27 years old, and carrys a big right handed bat, and is a bigtime player, although his post season stats aren't exactly great.

He makes 5.5 million, which is a steal for someone of his ilk. He's been injured most of this season with a groin injury ,and the Rockies have found a nice replacement in Josh Rutledge.

Troy Tulowitzki has eight years and $146 million (plus incentives) remaining on his contract if he is traded, including a 2013 salary of $10 million, according to Cot's Baseball Contracts:

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/compensation/cots/?page_id=125

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

According to Baseball Reference:

"Signed thru 2020, 7 yrs/$45M (08-14), 6 yrs/$118M (15-20) & 21 team option "

They were going to pay this to a 31 year old LF, why not to a SS who is only 27 year old?

I think his position makes him more valuable than either Gonzalez or Crawford, both signed to similar contracts.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

Let's get Carlos Gonzalez to come with him. We'll have two of the three holes that we've had for 2 years filled. All we'll need to do is get a back-up catcher to replace Saltpeter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In the unlikely event Colorado makes Troy Tulowitzki available, the Rockies probably would be looking for pitching in return. The Red Sox, as much as any team, don't have the surplus pitching to make a credible offer for Tulowitzki, who in July was ranked as baseball's 11th highest trade value despite his 2012 injuries:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/2012-trade-value-15-11/

Dustin Pedroia at No. 34 was the only Red Sox player ranked among the Top 50 trade values.

Tulowitzki would be a great fit for the Red Sox (and many other teams), but an acquiring team would need to surrender signficant value in return.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Hill, possibly a third team in a trade equasion?

Tulo is one player worth looking into. As I said, they already have a replacement in Ruitledge, who is one of the better rookies in the NL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

The Rockies need pitching, pitching, and more pitching. It would have to involve a third team and a bunch of our top prospects to even approach an offer they'd think about.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Alibiike's comment:

Let's get Carlos Gonzalez to come with him. We'll have two of the three holes that we've had for 2 years filled. All we'll need to do is get a back-up catcher to replace Saltpeter.

Carlos Gonzalez in July was ranked with the 27th highest trade value:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/2012-trade-value-25-21/

The Rockies would demand a stiff return if Gonzalez is made available in a trade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to moonslav59's comment:

The Rockies need pitching, pitching, and more pitching. It would have to involve a third team and a bunch of our top prospects to even approach an offer they'd think about.

+1

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

...and where did Tulo say he wants "a change"?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Pete Abraham mentioned it today. No related source in the story.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Pete Abraham mentioned it today. No related source in the story.

I believe you, but I'm not sure I believe any baseball writer anymore.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

don't want him.....isn't he injured alot?...seem to remember him being out before also. I always worry about that Rockies altitude element too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

From a Denver Post article:

"This is the fourth major injury he has suffered since 2008, missing significant time with a torn left quadriceps, lacerated right hand, broken left wrist and the current groin injury that he first injured in the season's second game and later aggravated on May 30 against the Dodgers."

4 major injuries in 4 years.....this is the kind of signing we don't make

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

From a Denver Post article:

"This is the fourth major injury he has suffered since 2008, missing significant time with a torn left quadriceps, lacerated right hand, broken left wrist and the current groin injury that he first injured in the season's second game and later aggravated on May 30 against the Dodgers."

4 major injuries in 4 years.....this is the kind of signing we don't make

Yep, Just Got Back In The Lineup This Past Monday, Been Out Since May 30,

Surgery Left Side Groin, Scare Tissue,

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Lascerated hand, was an accident. Broken wrist was a hit buy a pitch. So, two of the four could have happened to anyone.

Who'd want a player, who'd hands down, be the best player on the Red Sox, from day one?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from attic-dan. Show attic-dan's posts

Buyer beware, Troy numbers helped by playing in Colorado. I love the kid when he plays but in "08-101 GP, "10-122 GP, and so far this year only 47 games played. He seems to be the kind of athlete, which I don't understand, who gets injured far to often, and at such a young age.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

"In his Major League career Tulowitzki has already missed 168 games due to injury in a little over 4 seasons with the Colorado Rockies"

no..no ..and no

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rightymclefty. Show rightymclefty's posts

Like I said, one was an accident, and the other was a HBP. Two others, I'll give you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

168 games/4 seasons...accident or not....he's accident prone. Good ball player, but not what we need right now.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

168 games/4 seasons...accident or not....he's accident prone. Good ball player, but not what we need right now.

As a point of reference, Troy Tulowitzki has played 463 games over the past four seasons while Jacoby Ellsbury has played 392 games over the same period.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Lascerated hand, was an accident. Broken wrist was a hit buy a pitch. So, two of the four could have happened to anyone.

Who'd want a player, who'd hands down, be the best player on the Red Sox, from day one?

Kind of stop wanting everyone else's players.  You could probably get anyone you wanted if you dumped the farm.  It just wouldn't improve us in the long term.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Tulowitzki might want a change of scenery, and he has a skillset the Sox should be drooling over. The only baseball ability he lacks is the ability to stay on the field.  (Dealbreaker? Maybe)

I’d love him in Boston, but what will Colorado want? Fans will have their List of Untouchables, including Bogaerts, Bradley, Barnes, etc. The problem is – these are exactly the guys Colorado will want. One of those rationalized lists – where people decide Colorado really needs Iglesias, Aceves, and, say, Saltalamacchia wont cut it. If you want Tulowitzki, be prepared to give up names you don’t want to surrender.

The Untouchable List should be narrowed to Bogaerts. End of List. I’ll take Tulowitzki and his exorbitant salary over Jackie Bradley any day. I’ll even throw in Webster to get the ball rolling. (I question Websters stamina, anyway, so why not?)

I know someone will say We can’t trade Bradley. We need him for when Ellsbury leaves. While true, I would rather have Tulowitzki and Kalish than Bradley and Iglesias. In fact, I think a lot of fans overrate Bradley, whose rocket-like ascension through the low minors while impressive, leaves questions about how much of it is attributable to his advanced age for that league. Only 17 players in the entire Carolina League were over Bradleys listed age of 22, with the oldest being 26. To be fair, Bradley is not the oldest 22 year old in the league, so its not like he is the 18th oldest guy. Still, playing against a lot of 19 and 20 year old players certainly helped him look better.

This doesn’t mean I think he will be a flop, but it does certainly make him the guy I would trade instead of Bogaerts.

And before anyone asks, yes, Colorado will ask for at least one elite prospect. If you have to give up one, my choice would be Bradley over Bogaerts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Nope, not worth it IMO...Good player, but too much $$ and years. And realistically it was only 1 injury that could happen to anyone. One was self-inflicted, 2 were injury-prone types and only one (HBP) was like the ones Ells got.

Sections
Shortcuts