Trust me on this: Top Prospects Like Xander Bogaerts will produce at the Major League Level

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Trust me on this: Top Prospects Like Xander Bogaerts will product at the Major League Level

He will produce. The Red Sox have not had a top prospect like this. If you look at the Top preseason prospects that have reached the majors this year, most if not all are contributors:

1 - Jurickson Profar, SS (TEX) - Struggling a little, but hitting .243. Turned 20 in January
    4 - Wil Myers, OF (TB) - Enough said.
    7 - Jose Fernandez, RHP (MIA) - One of top 5 pitchers in National League
    8 - Zack Wheeler, RHP (NYM) - Doing outstanding for the Mets
    9 - Gerrit Cole, RHP (PIT)  - In Pirates rotation.
    13 - Christian Yelich, OF (MIA) - Hitting around .300 and batting leadoff for Marlins.
    20 - Xander Bogaerts, SS (BOS)
    25 - Shelby Miller, RHP (STL) - Look at his stats. Outstanding.

The only thing the Red Sox will regret is waiting for so long.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Trust me on this: Top Prospects Like Xander Bogaerts will product at the Major League Level

In response to BurritoT-'s comment:

Maybe your OP could have gone into one of the other Bogarts threads? You are quite self-centered.

taking a page out of Bills book...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Re: Trust me on this: Top Prospects Like Xander Bogaerts will product at the Major League Level

Let's hope so--JBJ--I'm excited about,  as well as Henry Owens and Garin Cecchini to join Xman.

Could all of the following be major contributors in the Rotation or in the Pen in the  next year or two: Workman, Britton,Ranaudo, Couch, Barnes,  Webster, Rubby and Owens. 

This may not happen but an infield next year of: 1B WMB, 2 B Pedroia, SS Drew, 3B Xander.

Outfield: LF--Carp/ Nava/ Gomes, CF--JBJ, RF Victorino.

DH:  Ortiz

Super Sub:  Holt

C--Lavarnway and Vazquez.

Rotation: Buch, Lackey, Workman, Lester and Doubrount.

Pen: Ue, Webster, Miller, Morales, Breslow, Britton, Rubby and Dempster.

***I think next year MLB Owners will vote to increase rosters to 26 or 27. If they go to 27 Ross will be carried as a 3 rd catcher.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

"Will product?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

How many of the rece3nt prospects called up and making an impact 20 years old?

I think the timing on Bogaerts call-up is just about right.

If he makes an immediate impact, the short sample size posters will be full of the "if only we'd called him up earlier" rants, but we will have no way of ever knowing how well or poorly he'd have done under different circumstances. I remember always wondering how well we'd have done in 1974 had we brought up Lynn and Rice then instead. It's a natural thought proccess, but not always easy to judge in hindsight.

I remember many here were so happy that JBJ broke camp with the big club. Things don't always go as hoped.

I'm glad Boggy is here now. I think the timing was just about right. Joining the club on the road is probably a better idea. We need an offensive boost.

I wish they'd have played Middy at 1B some in AAA, but with his fi8elding struggles at 3B, it's understandable not to put more on him at this point in his career.

I'm hoping for the best.

We need it.

Sox4ever

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Trust me on this: Top Prospects Like Xander Bogaerts will produce at the Major League Level

Some produce, some do not.

There is only one thing for sure.

You can't tell from minor league and amatuer stats. The proof is when they get here and do it.

"Here we are trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.- Kurt Vonnegut

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Re: Trust me on this: Top Prospects Like Xander Bogaerts will produce at the Major League Level

I hope so for Ben Cherrington's sake. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Since 1970...

Only six 19 year olds  with 350+ PAs (OPS)

'12 Harper  .817

'70 Cedeno .790

'96 Renteria .757

'89 Griff Jr  .748

'75 Yount    .674

'83 Oquendo .504

34 players at 20 years old with 300+ PAs

'96 AFraud  1.045

'12 Trout       .963

'13 Harper    .866 (353 PAs)

'78 Horner    .852 (359)

'10 Heyward .849

'90 Griff Jr    .847

'10 Stanton  .833 (396)

'08 J Upton  .816 (417)

'03 Miggy C .793 (346)

'99 A Beltre .780 

'86 R Sierra .779 (411)

'13 Machado  .775

'75 C Wash'n .769 

'10 Castro     .755

Other recent 20 year olds:

'09 E Andrus  .702

Sox4ever

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to MadMc44's comment:

Let's hope so--JBJ--I'm excited about,  as well as Henry Owens and Garin Cecchini to join Xman.

Could all of the following be major contributors in the Rotation or in the Pen in the  next year or two: Workman, Britton,Ranaudo, Couch, Barnes,  Webster, Rubby and Owens. 

This may not happen but an infield next year of: 1B WMB, 2 B Pedroia, SS Drew, 3B Xander.

***I think next year MLB Owners will vote to increase rosters to 26 or 27. If they go to 27 Ross will be carried as a 3 rd catcher.

I sure hope that isn't the Sox catching tandem next yr.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

In response to MadMc44's comment:

[QUOTE]

I sure hope that isn't the Sox catching tandem next yr.

[/QUOTE]

Doubtful that the Sox jettison Uehara, Tazawa and Peavy all of whom are under contract for 2014.  The bigger question is Lester and his 13m dollar option. I could see Bogaerts making the jump but I doubt they'd have him switch positions from SS to third while moving Middlebrooks over to 1B....meaning Drew likely won't be resigned, if he is then Bogaerts opens the year in AAA. Salty will be our catcher on opening day. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:

You can't tell from minor league and amatuer stats. The proof is when they get here and do it.

"Here we are trapped in the amber of the moment. There is no why.- Kurt Vonnegut

And that will be tonight !!!!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey Bill:

You are right and we just saw that with Iggy. He was better suited for fenway than McCoy.  I was at another Pawsox game last night and JBJ played right and chased down a ball that going over the fence in the direction of center. I was behind the right field fence so watching him chase down this ball was my highlight for the night.  Hope this kid comes back up soon.

[/QUOTE]

he will. rosters expand in a week and a half.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

He will produce. The Red Sox have not had a top prospect like this. If you look at the Top preseason prospects that have reached the majors this year, most if not all are contributors:

1 - Jurickson Profar, SS (TEX) - Struggling a little, but hitting .243. Turned 20 in January
    4 - Wil Myers, OF (TB) - Enough said.
    7 - Jose Fernandez, RHP (MIA) - One of top 5 pitchers in National League
    8 - Zack Wheeler, RHP (NYM) - Doing outstanding for the Mets
    9 - Gerrit Cole, RHP (PIT)  - In Pirates rotation.
    13 - Christian Yelich, OF (MIA) - Hitting around .300 and batting leadoff for Marlins.
    20 - Xander Bogaerts, SS (BOS)
    25 - Shelby Miller, RHP (STL) - Look at his stats. Outstanding.

The only thing the Red Sox will regret is waiting for so long.

Hey ! if your right you can brag if not you can hide.Lets all hop on board and see what happens. Trust me on this........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Bill-806's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey Bill:

You are right and we just saw that with Iggy. He was better suited for fenway than McCoy.  I was at another Pawsox game last night and JBJ played right and chased down a ball that going over the fence in the direction of center. I was behind the right field fence so watching him chase down this ball was my highlight for the night.  Hope this kid comes back up soon.

[/QUOTE]

he will. rosters expand in a week and a half.

[/QUOTE]

defensive replacement for Gomes lol

18. This post has been removed.