TRYING LIKE HELL to be +, but I just don't EXPECT them to win

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: TRYING LIKE HELL to be +, but I just don't EXPECT them to win

In response to RigatoniT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In truth though - he looks the same to me as he always does.... not sure I would call him out of shape.

[/QUOTE]

I agree. Ortiz looks just like last year. Now last year, I would agree that he was a bit bigger last year than he was the year before, which I attribute to him coming back from Achilles. But looked at what he did last year. And he is hitting batting a solid .275 with 2 HR and 8 RBIs. How many more homers or RBIs should he have by now after 10 games? He keeps this pace up and hel'll end up with 32 HR and 128 RBIs, and it's ludicrous to project anyone's stats after 10 games.

It's the same ol' same ol' -- whenever Ortiz, or a lot of players for that matter, isn't doing what they want, some fans will throw out the old, "He's out of shape." 

It's dillusional to think you can tell what kind of shape an athlete is in simply by watching him on TV. For every 100 times it is thrown out there, it might be right once.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Luckily, we will be the only team whose bats heat up with the weather, right?

[/QUOTE]

nope.  some teams bats are already as hot as they will ever get.  it's nice knowing we still have much upside to our offense.  many W's to come.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Like your attitude, maybe your avatars a little better

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

[QUOTE]

Like your attitude, maybe your avatars a little better

[/QUOTE]

Slasher's avatar is symbolism that the SOX will be 'busting out' pretty soon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

I hate to bring this up, but that picture of Slasher's was put up on another forum and somebody said she had a resemblance to Peyton Manning. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BogieAt12oclock. Show BogieAt12oclock's posts

In response to Hfxsoxnut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hate to bring this up, but that picture of Slasher's was put up on another forum and somebody said she had a resemblance to Peyton Manning. 

[/QUOTE]

It could be photo-shopped. Peyton's head on Parton's body.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to slasher9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

nope.  some teams bats are already as hot as they will ever get.  it's nice knowing we still have much upside to our offense.  many W's to come.....

[/QUOTE]

Misogyny /mɪˈsɒɪni/ is the hatred or dislike of women or girls. Misogyny can be manifested in numerous ways, including sexual discrimination, denigration of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification of women.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Well said 67

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In truth though - he looks the same to me as he always does.... not sure I would call him out of shape.

[/QUOTE]

Good Lord.  David Ortiz has never had washboard abs.  He looks no different to me than he did years ago.

Any Sox fan buying into this 'Ortiz is fat' bullcrap should be ashamed of themselves.   

[/QUOTE]

He looks a lot thinner than he was five years ago to me.

[/QUOTE]

I think he lost about 20-25 pounds maybe 3 years ago.  So he looks a good bit thinner now than then, and about exactly as he looked last year.  I'm with you and Bob.  I see no difference in his fat level.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

[QUOTE]

Well said 67

[/QUOTE]

Women are persons who deserve respect.  Granted some women allow themselves to be objectified and that's too bad.  Some women have too much self respect to allow that to happen.

It's sad that slasher feels the need to have these types of pictures as his avatar.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to BogieAt12oclock's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It could be photo-shopped. Peyton's head on Parton's body.

[/QUOTE]

A photoshopped Peyton Parton is something I hope I never have to see in my lifetime.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 67redsox. Show 67redsox's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Night in & night out, I just don't feel or see them being competative.  Even against the Brewers.  

It's only been a handful of nights.  Give them some time.

Even when we're getting solid pitching, our bats have yet to show up.

Sorry!  But I'm quickly losing my eternal optimism!

Again....  I'll keep pulling for them, inning after inning, as I always do, but I've got my eyes wide open and know this could get real ugly.

[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

If this were the NFL...we'd be ready to start the 4th quarter in WEEK ONE!

Why do baseball fans freak out so fast?

I can think of no football fan who, 3 quarters into the first game of the season would be griping so much.

-No faith in the team in general

-Wondering where the hitting is

-Fears about pitchers

My goodness, go to sleep, and wake up June 1st, then maybe we'll have an idea where this season is headed.

MUCH of this team looks very good. Few teams are firing on all cylinders 10 games in.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Come on ladies!  Don't get lazy!   Read the whole thread.  You might actually get the irony???  Sarcasm?  FUN?   PLAYFULLNESS?

As Bugsy said in a Perfect Storm, "Where's the passion in your life lady!?!?!?!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RigatoniT. Show RigatoniT's posts

royf19 I think as with all of us we have different body types. Ortiz was never Jose Canseco ripped, and he is meant to be a bit loafy looking. Not everyone can look like Nomar.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good Lord.  David Ortiz has never had washboard abs.  He looks no different to me than he did years ago.

Any Sox fan buying into this 'Ortiz is fat' bullcrap should be ashamed of themselves.   

[/QUOTE]

....and let's not forget to criticise the fat, slow and unmotivated size 12s Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

I think it's absurd for someone to claim that they can clearly tell (from the telly or from a 50-400 foot distance at the ballpark, no less) that a 6'4", 250-ish pound man wearing glorified pajamas has gained 10 pounds*.  

* for those keeping score at home, that's an alleged 4% weight gain.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonicsMonksLyresVicars. Show SonicsMonksLyresVicars's posts

In response to 67redsox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Misogyny /mɪˈsɒɪni/ is the hatred or dislike of women or girls. Misogyny can be manifested in numerous ways, including sexual discrimination, denigration of women, violence against women, and sexual objectification of women.

[/QUOTE]

You're not wrong on this issue, IMO. 67....but it's a fvcking cheek for a homophobe like you to lecture another on misogyny.

I was talking to a couple of friends tonight about a cabinet minister here, Michael Gove, the Secretary of State for Education.  He's widely despised across all parties...his views on education are generally considered to be ignorant, dogmatic and classist....but he's also hated by many for his outspoken views against gay marriage.

He's been verbally abused in the streets due to that view...I think that's wrong.  I think he's wrong, but he's not a Klansman or a Nazi so doesn't deserve that.

It was recently reported that his 2 children (tweens/early teens?) are also being bullied at school.  That's REALLY wrong!  Even if their dad was evil (and he's not, IMO) it's not their fault he's a jerk.  And bullying is always wrong, and I wish it didn't happen.

But the nature of the bullying is heartwarming and inspirational to me: "Naahhh, your dad's a homophobe!"

You dig, Eva?  The world is changing for the better....most children...most people under 30/40/50...repudiate and/or can't understand your homophobia.

There will, sadly, always be racists, misogynists, homophobes, anti-semites, anti-Mexicans, etc.....but to a large extent they are 60+ and will be dead and unlamented in 30-ish years...

...replaced by decent people that ignore race, height, weight, religion, sexual preference etc. and only judge others on their behaviour.

"Your dad's a homophobe!"  The decent people are winning, Eva, and there is nothing you and your ilk can do about it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]

royf19 I think as with all of us we have different body types. Ortiz was never Jose Canseco ripped, and he is meant to be a bit loafy looking. Not everyone can look like Nomar.

[/QUOTE]

Agree. And sometimes an athlete who carries a bit extra weight still can be in better shape than someone thinner.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Well said 67

[/QUOTE]

Women are persons who deserve respect.  Granted some women allow themselves to be objectified and that's too bad.  Some women have too much self respect to allow that to happen.

It's sad that slasher feels the need to have these types of pictures as his avatar.

[/QUOTE]

No need to feel sad for me.  Thank you though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from slasher9. Show slasher9's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not sure what this has to do with the post of mine you quoted....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In response to redsoxdirtdog's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Night in & night out, I just don't feel or see them being competative.  Even against the Brewers.  

Even when we're getting solid pitching, our bats have yet to show up.

Sorry!  But I'm quickly losing my eternal optimism!

Again....  I'll keep pulling for them, inning after inning, as I always do, but I've got my eyes wide open and know this could get real ugly.

[/QUOTE]

I've never had a posotove feeling about this years team to begin with. The chances of anyone repeating are nil, plus it obvious something is missing from last year. They may gel soon, but I still don't expect a deep playoff run.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
     HFx, bullucks - Papi made a very good effort the laST few years to slim down so that he could improve his coinditioning and bat speed and it paid off imo...this year he looks quite flabby (hence my fat thread) you have eyes right?