Tuck Resigns, Varitek?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Tuck Resigns, Varitek?

If Gary Tuck resigned on his own, I'd be surprised. I think he got a little shove by upper management (not Farrell). Trying to not connect the team to anything from last year's debacle. Not that it really matters, but if Varitek were named bullpen coach, it would be a good thing for team, and for the existing pitching staff.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Tuck Resigns, Varitek?

The bullpen coach is pretty much the low man on the totem pole. I think Varitek has his sights set higher than that.  Why start at the bottom if you don't have to ?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

The bullpen coach is pretty much the low man on the totem pole. I think Varitek has his sights set higher than that.  Why start at the bottom if you don't have to ?

I have not seen that anywhere (that Varitek does not want the job of bullpen coach). Do you have a link to it or is it just conjecture? I think he would make a very good bullpen coach.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carnie. Show carnie's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I have not seen that anywhere (that Varitek does not want the job of bullpen coach). Do you have a link to it or is it just conjecture? I think he would make a very good bullpen coach.

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/01/30/jason-varitek-not-a-likely-candidate-to-replace-gary-tuck/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to Triumph-'s comment:

In response to dannycater's comment:

If Gary Tuck resigned on his own, I'd be surprised. I think he got a little shove by upper management (not Farrell). Trying to not connect the team to anything from last year's debacle. Not that it really matters, but if Varitek were named bullpen coach, it would be a good thing for team, and for the existing pitching staff.

Tek does not want it.....he has all ready said so.

and Tuck pushed?...........if that was the case he would of been pushed last year.

And he should have been pushed last year.......  BOBBY V., his fault or not, lived with a very dysfunctional group.......   Fria Tuck was/is overrated....... Let's all move on !!

Bill, he was all Tuck'rd out!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to carnie's comment:

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2013/01/30/jason-varitek-not-a-likely-candidate-to-replace-gary-tuck/

Thanks. Looks like Varitek is not being considered. I missed that article.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from never1954. Show never1954's posts

From Today's extra bases: 

Chad Epperson filled in for Gary Tuck last season and he appears to be the favorite for the job.  He is currently working with the Pitchers and Catchers that have arrived early.

Sections
Shortcuts