Tuesday Game Thread Angels at Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: Tuesday Game Thread Angels at Red Sox

Nothing negative tonight so the haters are in hiding.  A peaceful evening!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Smile

Good win

Good night

Going for four wins in a row tomorrow

I hope

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamaicaPlain67. Show JamaicaPlain67's posts

One would have to be a complete fool to think that Andrewmitch is a Red Sox fan.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

Sox putting together another streak here, and Angels helping them out again.

Sox have beaten King Felix, a previously unbeaten Weaver with a sub 1 era, and Haren with another miniscule era, all in a row.

That bodes well for this lineup.  They have proven they can win on the road.  They are proving they can win at home.

0.500 is the psychological mark to get over.  After that, we can count games over 0.500 for the rest of the season.

BP is still the sole suspect - Jenks, Wheeler, Bard sometimes (not today), Paps sometimes (like today), Oki sometimes (although seems to be settling down).

This is a phenomenal rotation.  Probably the best in the league, with the Phillies.

Go Sox !!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

If you have MLB package turn to the Twins game.  Liriano is pitching a no no in the 9th.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from blingblang. Show blingblang's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread Angels at Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]If you have MLB package turn to the Twins game.  Liriano is pitching a no no in the 9th.
    Posted by jimdavis[/QUOTE]

That was awesome.  Came in with a 9+ era, goes out with a no-hitter.  Hats off to Liriano.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from johngbros. Show johngbros's posts

After the walk-off win Sunday, Sox just seem to be playing with a lot more confidence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Great game. This team is up and down so far this year. Predictably unpredictable? They've been on my good side and my bad side, I've alternately thought they had gotten up to speed, and then thought there was no way. Two more against LAA, and I hope the Twins don't decide to start hitting when the get here this weekend. I guess the best we can do with this team is take them day by day and see what happens.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread Angels at Red Sox : That's not true just watching the game and during losses thoose posters are ny fans without a life of their own
    Posted by LondonRedSox[/QUOTE]
    No, didn't mean you London. I meant certain "fans" who only come on after the losses to complain.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

another W despite Paps  Yell  deciding to join the likes of Jinx and Wheeler

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]another W despite Paps     deciding to join the likes of Jinx and Wheeler
    Posted by Goofywocky[/QUOTE]
    Gimmie a break ... with a six-run lead, his closer mentality wasn't there, pure and simple. I knew he'd give up a run or two after the four-run eighth.
    The guy's been lights-out all year. Chill.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

With the 6 run lead I was surprised that Paps was used at all in the 9th. Regardless of why he was used, you still have to bring your best effort and that clearly wasn't the case. That someone points this out shouldn't offend anybody cause it's the truth.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

[QUOTE] With the 6 run lead I was surprised that Paps was used at all in the 9th. Regardless of why he was used, you still have to bring your best effort and that clearly wasn't the case. That someone points this out shouldn't offend anybody cause it's the truth.
    Posted by trouts[/QUOTE]

Paps was used because he was warmed up and ready to go and was due for some work.  I don't think anyone is offended at pointing out that Paps didn;t come with his A game.  But I think Lloyd was just pointing to the fact that it doesn't really reveal anything scary about Papelbon.  For whatever reason, call it a flaw in the Closer Mentality (there are many like this) that he can't get it done if he isn't in the intensity of a save situation.  I figured Papelbon would get knocked around a little, because he almost invariable seems to s&*k when not in a save situation.  Doesn't mean he s&*ks or that something is wrong with him.  Thats the way he has always been.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE] With the 6 run lead I was surprised that Paps was used at all in the 9th. Regardless of why he was used, you still have to bring your best effort and that clearly wasn't the case. That someone points this out shouldn't offend anybody cause it's the truth.
    Posted by trouts[/QUOTE]
    Wasn't the least bit offended, just pointing out it's a little ridiculous to worry about him when he's been outstanding all year. I'm sorry, but a closer with a six-run lead just doesn't have the same mentality as he does with a one- or two-run lead. Fact of life.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmidon. Show cmidon's posts

Red Sox rain delay Thursday

Outrageous abuse of the paying public...so greedy... should have rescheduled this game (Thursday) - and so counter to the media fed persona of the Red Sox management...I am disappointed in their appraoch to these weather related situations

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

Re: Red Sox rain delay Thursday

In Response to Red Sox rain delay Thursday:
    [QUOTE]Outrageous abuse of the paying public...so greedy... should have rescheduled this game (Thursday) - and so counter to the media fed persona of the Red Sox management...I am disappointed in their appraoch to these weather related situations
    Posted by cmidon[/QUOTE]

The Angels have a home game on Friday and don't want to play a double header on Thursday.