Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from -EdithBunker-. Show -EdithBunker-'s posts

Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays

Fasten your seatbelts. The Red Sox Bandwagon has taken off. Destination: World Series 2011 Championship!
    Go Sox!
    Here are the lineups:

RED SOX (17-18)
    Ellsbury CF
    Pedroia 2B
    Gonzalez 1B
    Youkilis 3B
    Ortiz DH
    Drew RF
    Lowrie SS
    Crawford LF
    Saltalamacchia C

Pitching: LHP Jon Lester (4-1, 2.33)

BLUE JAYS (15-20)
    Escobar SS
    Patterson LF
    Bautista RF
    Encarnacion 1B
    Hill 2B
    Rivera DH
    Arencibia C
    McDonald 3B
    Davis CF

Pitching: RHP Kyle Drabek (2-2, 4.50)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

Re: Tuesday Game Thread:Red Sox at Blue Jays

Go jays!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Tuesday Game Thread:Red Sox at Blue Jays:
    Fasten your seatbelts. The Red Sox Bandwagon has taken off. Destination: World Series 2011 Championship! Go Sox! Here are the lineups: RED SOX (17-18) Ellsbury CF Pedroia 2B Gonzalez 1B Youkilis 3B Ortiz DH Drew RF Lowrie SS Crawford LF Saltalamacchia C Pitching: LHP Jon Lester (4-1, 2.33) BLUE JAYS (15-20) Escobar SS Patterson LF Bautista RF Encarnacion 1B Hill 2B Rivera DH Arencibia C McDonald 3B Davis CF Pitching: RHP Kyle Drabek (2-2, 4.50)
    Posted by -EdithBunker-

Is Kyle Drabek Doug's boy?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays

this looks like a good Blue Jays beating tonite....I say we smoke them 10-2

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays:
    Posted by georom4

i don't know man.  feels like a trap series to me.  i hope you are right!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread:Red Sox at Blue Jays:
    In Response to Tuesday Game Thread:Red Sox at Blue Jays : Is Kyle Drabek Doug's boy?
    Posted by SpacemanEephus

Yep:

Kyle Jordan Drabek... Single... Is the son of former Major League Cy Young Award winner Doug Drabek... Graduate of Woodlands High School... While there he was an Aflac, USA Today, and Louisville Slugger high-school All- American at pitcher and shortstop... Was paired up on a Houston summer team with current Cincinnati Reds outfielder Jay Bruce ... While in high school was named 2005 and 2006 Texas 5-A player of the year ... During the 2006 spring season, the Highlanders won the Texas 5-A State Championship... During his high-school career, compiled a record of 30-1 on the mound while belting 27 home runs ... In the 2006 Texas regional semifinal, he set The Woodlands High School record for most strikeouts in a game by a pitcher (19), recording a no-hitter ... Was 10-0 in his senior year (10 starts) while posting an ERA of 1.18 in 65.0 IP, allowed 34 hits, walked 23 and struck out 112.

http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=475138

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from The-Babe-1. Show The-Babe-1's posts

In Response to Tuesday Game Thread:Red Sox at Blue Jays : Is Kyle Drabek Doug's boy?

Posted by SpacemanEephus

Yup, believe they got him in the halladay trade.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread:Red Sox at Blue Jays : Yep: Kyle Jordan Drabek... Single... Is the son of former Major League Cy Young Award winner Doug Drabek... Graduate of Woodlands High School... While there he was an Aflac, USA Today, and Louisville Slugger high-school All- American at pitcher and shortstop... Was paired up on a Houston summer team with current Cincinnati Reds outfielder Jay Bruce ... While in high school was named 2005 and 2006 Texas 5-A player of the year ... During the 2006 spring season, the Highlanders won the Texas 5-A State Championship... During his high-school career, compiled a record of 30-1 on the mound while belting 27 home runs ... In the 2006 Texas regional semifinal, he set The Woodlands High School record for most strikeouts in a game by a pitcher (19), recording a no-hitter ... Was 10-0 in his senior year (10 starts) while posting an ERA of 1.18 in 65.0 IP, allowed 34 hits, walked 23 and struck out 112. http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=475138
    Posted by hill55

Thanks Hill

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyBoston4. Show DeweyBoston4's posts

What are your opinions on the NEXT DAY GAMETHREAD that was suggested? Do you think that is will be more civil than the typical gamethread or will it draw the same types that congregate on other gamethreads. I'v seen many such threads on other forums and I stay away from them. It ruins the enjoyment of the ballgame for me. I would think that a thread that critiques the previous night's game would also be unpleasant to read for the same reasons.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays:
    Fasten your seatbelts. The Red Sox Bandwagon has taken off. Destination: World Series 2011 Championship! Go Sox! Here are the lineups: RED SOX (17-18) Ellsbury CF Pedroia 2B Gonzalez 1B Youkilis 3B Ortiz DH Drew RF Lowrie SS Crawford LF Saltalamacchia C Pitching: LHP Jon Lester (4-1, 2.33) BLUE JAYS (15-20) Escobar SS Patterson LF Bautista RF Encarnacion 1B Hill 2B Rivera DH Arencibia C McDonald 3B Davis CF Pitching: RHP Kyle Drabek (2-2, 4.50)
    Posted by -EdithBunker-

Always enjoy your enthusiasm for the Sox EB..GO SOX!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays:
    Posted by georom4

Im with you georom..Heres to a solid beatdown of the Jays tonight.....and tomorrow too for that matter..

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

are we on???

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

That inning was a microcosm of why this team can't get to, let alone above, .500. Poor base running...Inability to hit with men in scoring position...ugh... Hopefully Lester is on tonight.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Lester looking very Lackey-esque to start the night.... 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

PTI but who's that doing the game 4 remy

any word on remy

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Greg Zaun (former Jays, Rays, O's catcher) is filling in for Remy...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac32. Show pinstripezac32's posts

thanks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harness. Show harness's posts

To DeweyBoston4: The ALTERNATIVE TO THE GAME THREAD isn't a next day thread. It's purpose is to compliment this one by discussing only the key plays. It can be discussed anytime during or after the game.

Let's hope the momentum of this one swings back to us.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

ugly baseball

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Hey all, nice to walk in on a Crawford RBI

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikefan1034. Show mikefan1034's posts

salty is so terrible when is this experiment done

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Sorry but I currently don't have a reply button.  Nice shot at all the good posters that come here.  Yes the doomers come out late when we are losing but they have a right to their opinion to Pike.

posted at 5/10/2011 6:19 PM EDT
    www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=21da04f27ee6d1b0f5276e161d16ad91&plckUserId=21da04f27ee6d1b0f5276e161d16ad91">
    First: 5/10/2011
    Last: 5/10/2011
    What are your opinions on the NEXT DAY GAMETHREAD that was suggested? Do you think that is will be more civil than the typical gamethread or will it draw the same types that congregate on other gamethreads.I'v seen many such threads on other forums and I stay away from them. It ruins the enjoyment of the ballgame for me. I would think that a thread that critiques the previous night's game would also be unpleasant to read for the same reasons.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Nice comeback inning by Lester. Let's get a couple this inning.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

33 strikes 27 balls and we only have one run? Cmon guys!

Sections
Shortcuts