Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays:
    I watched the game since the 5th inning. The part that kills me is that earlier in the game we get 1st and 2nd nobody out with Youkillis up. Why doesn't Francona have Youk bunting to get 2nd and 3rd with one out. He fielders choice the runner at 2nd base. I knew Bog Papi was going to bounce into a DP. FRancona has to bunt once in a while. The close games with him are killlers and thats where he does not manage well. Still waiting to see this team make it to .500.
    Posted by AL34

Are you serious. It's early in the game, there's a runner in scoring position with no out and you want the cleanup hitter to bunt. There's not a manager alive that's going to bunt in that situation. Youk was batting .346 this month. There was a runner in scoring position. That's his job to drive in the runs.

This is why you small-ball people sound so ridiculous. It's once thing to say the Sox should bunt more. OK, fine -- that's debatable, but for arguement's sake, fine they should bunt more.

But fourth or fifth inning with no outs and first and second with the cleanup hitter up. There's not freakin' way in the world that you have Youk bunt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Don't you remember in 92 when we traded Jeff Reardon for cant miss Pitcher Murphy, never made it out of double AA. Jared Wrigt pitched great for Atlanta in 2005. The Yankees got him the following year and he bombed.

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : Other than 2010 AL Rookie of the Year Neftali Feliz, 2009 AL Rookie of the Year runner-up Elvis Andrus and 25-year-old lefthander Matt Harrison ... all in the package that included Jarrod Saltalamacchia.
    Posted by hill55

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

It's sad when Red Sox fans are talking about .500 like it's some great achievement.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

They were competitive and tomorrow is another day. Stay positive. It is all good. It is all good Am I right TheExaminer and Redsoxdirtdog? It is all good.
    Posted by DeweyBoston4

Sorry Dewey!  In the long run, it WILL be all good....  This ending leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth..  :(

I'll be back up tomorrow  :)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Yes I do to stay out of the double play when they were down by a run. Then let Ortiz drive the ball because they cannot play the shift on him.

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : Are you serious. It's early in the game, there's a runner in scoring position with no out and you want the cleanup hitter to bunt. There's not a manager alive that's going to bunt in that situation. Youk was batting .346 this month. There was a runner in scoring position. That's his job to drive in the runs. This is why you small-ball people sound so ridiculous. It's once thing to say the Sox should bunt more. OK, fine -- that's debatable, but for arguement's sake, fine they should bunt more. But fourth or fifth inning with no outs and first and second with the cleanup hitter up. There's not freakin' way in the world that you have Youk bunt.
    Posted by royf19

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

p.s.   I bet you still have one hell of an arm Dewey  :)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from summerof67. Show summerof67's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

They were competitive and tomorrow is another day. Stay positive. It is all good. It is all good Am I right TheExaminer and Redsoxdirtdog? It is all good.
    Posted by DeweyBoston4

Well, I sure hope so, but so far this year these losses have had a carry-over effect. If they can't win with Gonzo hitting two hr's, Papi and Ells having 3 hits each, when will they win? The dramatic comebacks that spur good teams on don't seem to have that effect on this team. That worries me. Was there really much doubt it was gonna happen when they tied the game (twice)? Anyone with their feet on the ground who'll be honest will admit it. All the postitive vibes in the world won't throw good pitches and get timely hits. That takes good players who stay in the moment and get it done. CAN they? Absoltutely! WILL they? That remains to be seen.

Sections
Shortcuts