Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays:
    [QUOTE]Interesting article from last summer regarding the Bautista power surge. http://www.aolnews.com/2010/08/24/peering-into-jose-bautistas-power-surge/
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]
    thanks joel. very very interesting. so u and yoshi collaborated on that song? was wondering what the point was until i read the comments. glad u sent it. adds some personality and humanity to all the anonymity on the board. bautista is interesting. i will give him the benefit of the doubt, seems legit for now. nothing too out of the ordinary. how it used to be. top guys hit 40 HRs. not like the freakish sosa-bonds-mcgwire period where guys had 40 by the all-star break. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Lester's been struggling all evening. The home plate umpire (Paul Emmel) isn't giving him the outside corner of the plate and as a result, Lester's been ticked off since he walked Escobar to lead off the game (after feeling he had struck him out earlier in the at bat). The home runs have been hanging breaking balls. Five walks, one hit batter, seven hits, four extra-base hits including two HR's, nearly 120 pitches in less than six innings. Definitely an off night for Lester. Still, we're in the game and have a chance to win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Pedey

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Not sure why you think Yoshimi was involved, C-C.  It was all me.  Of course, if anyone were to get credit for collaboration it would have to be Brian Wilson, who wrote the original "409."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : I can't imagine Pedey being dropped in the order unless it's to the three hole to accommodate Craw at the two.  Pedey's bound to break out of it soon.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]pedy's definitely going to be dropped, just a matter of when. craw has to hit higher. hitting him right behind ellsbury is the ultimate in terms of speed and havoc on the bases. prob is it cant be temporary for we will have to put youk at 3rd and gonzo at 4 to avoid the 3 lefty thing at the top of the order. pedy isnt really a 3 guy nor is he even a 6 guy. i think 7th is perfect for him. drew should also thrive being buried. remember bill mueller? he thrived hitting way down there. think it could work for oedy. we just dont have the luxury of waiting right now. craw is hitting everything. its time, the 2 hole is his best hole. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Nice

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Whoa, lucky break there.  What is with all the baserunning blunders by our guys?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

just listened to it joel great job!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CMHBOSOX. Show CMHBOSOX's posts

Come on Youk!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Any chance Youk sacrifices here?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dollkuhn. Show dollkuhn's posts

A case of quingenti phobia

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]Not sure why you think Yoshimi was involved, C-C.  It was all me.  Of course, if anyone were to get credit for collaboration it would have to be Brian Wilson, who wrote the original "409."
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]sorry. SAID SO IN THE COMMENTS AREA. THOUGHT IT WAS HER VOICE BACKING U UP. found it weird. prob with pedy is that he's struggling to hit the fastball, esp the inside fastballl. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Nice job, Adrian.  I know it's unconventional to have your clean up hitter sacrifice bunt but given Youk's struggles, I'd have done it.  Good thing Adrian broke up the DP.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]just listened to it joel great job!!
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, man.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

damn it!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Man!!!!  I thought that was 4 - 4 for Papi???  Dang! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnsoxcat. Show mnsoxcat's posts

Time for that 3 bagger Papi!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : sorry. SAID SO IN THE COMMENTS AREA. THOUGHT IT WAS HER VOICE BACKING U UP. found it weird. prob with pedy is that he's struggling to hit the fastball, esp the inside fastballl.  http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/10683/lundblad-where-pedroias-gone-wrong
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    That's funny.  A lot of people have asked me who the female back up is, but it's all me.  What can I say?  I was a big Frankie Valli fan as a teen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

did anyone c ortiz hitting .300 this year? he's getting close, just hope he can finally get over that hump. lowrie is clearly in a bit of a slump as his average has rocketing downward. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mnsoxcat. Show mnsoxcat's posts

Guess I jinxed him.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Amazin' how this team finds ways to NOT score runs with RISP

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

It's amazing how many times we've had first and second with no outs this season and not scored.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : That's funny.  A lot of people have asked me who the female back up is, but it's all me.  What can I say?  I was a big Frankie Valli fan as a teen.
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]
    wow, as the youngies say: u've got mad skillz...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

Umm...

A.  I think there were just technical difficulties and no commercials were shown during the 7th inning stretch

B.  Greg Zaun is clearly hammered on air.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Red Sox at Blue Jays : wow, as the youngies say: u've got mad skillz...
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Tongue out