Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox

WHOO!!!!!!...BOONIE!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Still say Tito should have  pinch run for Papi...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

That was awfull. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Why am I not surprised?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

go figure

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Terrible. Sox with 12 hits and just two runs. No clutch hitting , tonight.  How many left on base? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

#9 hitter down 3 and 2 outs, predictable they would have gone out of zone!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]Whenever this team gets a day off they look flat the next time they play.
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

two....but at this time of the season it's a god send. will pay off down the stretch, maybe even the next two games

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Its like they are in relax mode after two days off. The Yankees played two on Sunday and one last night and look at least like they came to play. Sloppy running on Ortiz part, sloppy swinging on Slatalamachia and AGON. Looks like we are fat, dumb, and happy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Mac is 9 hitter and should have looked for fastball meatball or take his chance for ball 4. Dumb! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I've been expecting to lose this game all night. If they pull it out, it's just a bonus for me. The main thing the Sox have to avoid is the sweep, which probably won't happen. Winning 2 of 3 would make me happy. Amica pitch zone shows Salt and Mac both struck out on balls out of the zone. That's a killer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox : two....but at this time of the season is a god send. will pay off down the stretch.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

J, Not sure I get your reasoning. The two days off should have benefitted them tonight, not down the stretch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

this guy's got some gas....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

DMAC has been brutal all year and this team needed to adress a back up right handed outfielder at the trade deadline. DMAC is not it and has been living off last year this entire year.

[QUOTE]I've been expecting to lose this game all night. If they pull it out, it's just a bonus for me. The main thing the Sox have to avoid is the sweep, which probably won't happen. Winning 2 of 3 would make me happy. Amica pitch zone shows Salt and Mac both struck out on balls out of the zone. That's a killer.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]I've been expecting to lose this game all night. If they pull it out, it's just a bonus for me. The main thing the Sox have to avoid is the sweep, which probably won't happen. Winning 2 of 3 would make me happy. Amica pitch zone shows Salt and Mac both struck out on balls out of the zone. That's a killer.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Sox have been chasing pitches out of the zone all night.  The sweep is what we fear. Losing the opener puts pressure on for tomorrow. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox : J, Not sure I get your reasoning. The two days off should have benefitted them tonight, not down the stretch.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

gale, after playing since april 1st, thru the dog days, what team wouldn't benefit from two consecutive days off?. may be slow out of the gate tonight, but they hit sabathia, just didn't string them together. wasn't it giradi who was bitching because the o's wouldnt play a double header friday and the yankees don't have another day off the rest of the season? days off are precious this time of year. helps down the stretch

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I will say that when these two teams battle - it is always a long drawn out affair...never short and sweet.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Yanks need a tack on run or two here..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox : gale after playing since april 1st, thru the dog days, what team wouldnt benefit from two consecutive days off?. may be slow out of the gate tonight, but they hit sabathia just didnt string them together. wasnt it goradi who was bitching because the o's wouldnt play a  double header friday and the yankees dont have another day off the rest of the season? days off are precious this time of year
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean , but the two days off should have helped them tonight.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox : I know what you mean , but the two days off should have helped them tonight.

may help them the next two..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Comepletely agree. They should have come out of the gate on fire not in relax mode like they look tonight.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox : I know what you mean , but the two days off should have helped them tonight.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]I will say that when these two teams battle - it is always a long drawn out affair...never short and sweet.
    Posted by traven[/QUOTE] i agree..in typical Yanks/Sox fashion once the 7th inning hit , the game lost all pace..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

hi all. cant believe this score. when do we fire tito, release theo, let lackey go and give up on the entire season as we only focus on the patttts? oh, dhi-, they just got blowed up too.. there is no hope for any of the NE teams!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

1-9 w/ RISP

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Comepletely agree. They should have come out of the gate on fire not in relax mode like they look tonight. In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

I expected the opposite....lacks tonight, getting back in the swing, then gear up for the next two. regardless, the two days off will help in the long run. long way to go