Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox : gale, after playing since april 1st, thru the dog days, what team wouldn't benefit from two consecutive days off?. may be slow out of the gate tonight, but they hit sabathia, just didn't string them together. wasn't it giradi who was bitching because the o's wouldnt play a double header friday and the yankees don't have another day off the rest of the season? days off are precious this time of year. helps down the stretch
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

I heard Granderson complaining about that. If the Yankees want to get it moved to Sep. 29th (if necessary), then doesn't Baltimore have to sign off on it? Why would they do that? Why would the Oriole players play an extra day just to give the Yankees a break and help them out? If I played for Baltimore, I'd be laughing at that. I think NYY will prob'ly have to suck it up and play that game--uless they can drag the PA into it somehow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Wow!  These guys battle you for every pitch!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Comepletely agree. They should have come out of the gate on fire not in relax mode like they look tonight. In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox :
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

But they never do AL. They always come out slow on first games after a day off. We can still take the next two, and no one would complain about that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

OK Tito!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from canetime. Show canetime's posts

we are getting men on base just need someone to come up with the clutch hit!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Oh. Matt Albers. I feel better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

hey, hey hey..it's Fat Albers...Tongue out

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

what? i missed a great bench clearing BRAWL/ situatio? i love that lackey! can we just have craw benched til we play the yanks?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

Really emptied out at Fenway with the game only at 5-2

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

what else did i miss? deid ells do the fake bunt on first pitch thing as usual?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox : I heard Granderson complaining about that. If the Yankees want to get it moved to Sep. 29th (if necessary), then doesn't Baltimore have to sign off on it? Why would they do that? Why would the Oriole players play an extra day just to give the Yankees a break and help them out? If I played for Baltimore, I'd be laughing at that. I think NYY will prob'ly have to suck it up and play that game--uless they can drag the PA into it somehow.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Granderson is the nyy player rep. it was the o's option to play two on friday. they declined, which was their right. the sept 8th game has been moved to 1:00from 7:00 because the yankees have to travel to the west coast. the yankees don't want to play on the 29th, because it's the day before the playoffs, will spill coffee on the rotation....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]what? i missed a great bench clearing BRAWL/ situatio? i love that lackey! can we just have craw benched til we play the yanks?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

More like a bench clearing discussion. Craw with two hits tonight, including a HR CC. Wish everyone in the lineup was hitting like him tonight.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Can Albers get anyone out anymore. He has been awful lately.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

You're kidding me!  That didn't hit him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Albers last pitch CC has been getting all night on the outside corner.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

Albers is awful full count to Cervelli come on !!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Take a seat Mr. C. Albers fighting back? Maybe.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Let's Go Boys

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

I guess the Sox just wanted to show the Yanks that they could shut them down too with the bases loaded.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox : I heard Granderson complaining about that. If the Yankees want to get it moved to Sep. 29th (if necessary), then doesn't Baltimore have to sign off on it? Why would they do that? Why would the Oriole players play an extra day just to give the Yankees a break and help them out? If I played for Baltimore, I'd be laughing at that. I think NYY will prob'ly have to suck it up and play that game--uless they can drag the PA into it somehow.
    The Yankees actually had the audacity to ask the O's to play the makeup game at the Stadium this week. The O's , of course declined.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Albers is awful full count to Cervelli come on !!!
    Posted by AL34[/QUOTE]

hes been over used AL with jenks being down and out. read today Jenks is  back in boston so he may give albers a much needed rest.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

gut check inning.... Sori needs to be clean here....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox : The Yankees actually had the audacity to ask the O's to play the makeup game at the Stadium this week. The O's , of course declined.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

why would the yankees think showalter would want to accomodate them?? Why do they think the o's declined the double header friday??LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Time to put it together.  Go Sox!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

O's already rescheduled  the rainout for Sept. 8th. Think they'd change to accomodate the Yanks? LOL