Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox

Just not meant to be tonight folks. I'm not surprised. Go back out and get 'em tommorow, and hope they don't figure out Beckett. Night all.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from traven. Show traven's posts

Tomorrow is another day!  Hope the Sox come ready to play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

16 LOBs ... man, I hope that's a season high.
    Frustrating, but I never expected to win this one. Need the next two, though.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyintheboogiedown. Show mikeyintheboogiedown's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox:
    [QUOTE]crazy, crazy game....umps are terrible..
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]

Between CC getting squeezed and that it was a tough one

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

night all.....get 'em tomorrow. jimmy fund phones open until midnight and again tomorrow

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What a Crappy choke job of a game. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Let's hope Salty is okay. What else can you say?  13 hits and just 2 runs. That pretty much says it all.  So many wasted opportunities.  See you later.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

Frown

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

this was the yanks best chance by far to win tonite. we should win the next 2!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WC5842. Show WC5842's posts

Roid Sox fans heading to the exits after the 8th.  Wow, I mean really you losers live in Boston, if not going and watching the Roid Sox what else is there to do ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

BALL GAME!!!!!... back to even on the loss side...just another Yankees/ Red Sox Fenway classic...guys, really great thread tonight..thanks for letting me hang...Laughing

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

What irks me about this game is that they did not score another run the rest of the game. They came out flat, like they bwere leading the division by 10 games instead of 1- 1/2 games. Not only blaming Lackey, but the sloppy base running, sloppy hitting and swinging at garbage in the dirt. I blame Tito for that in not having them ready. That is why I dreaded the two days off they had. The Yankees played a double header on Sunday and a late game last night. We should have been better then they were tonight after two days off.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

[QUOTE]BALL GAME!!!!!... back to even on the loss side...just another Yankees/ Red Sox Fenway classic...guys, really great thread tonight..thanks for letting me hang...
    Posted by jete02fan[/QUOTE]
    Anytime, Jete ... hoping you won't be so happy tomorrow night!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]night all.....get 'em tomorrow. jimmy fund phones open until midnight and again tomorrow
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE] J, talk to you in the AM...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from vsports. Show vsports's posts

[QUOTE]This doesn't look good, and it didn't sound good either. If his hand is broken.......  And now Girardi has the gall to come out and argue it. Get a life.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I wish Salty the best, but Girardi is right.  That should have been a strike.  Awful plate umpiring all night.  Horrible zone AND inconsistent.  Sheesh.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

jete, your team exposed the lack of bench of the Sox....McDonald batting when he shouldn't, Reddick pinch hitting to end game....Drew couldn't come back fast enough.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Can't win games when you Leave 9 of 10 RISP. The Sox will get 'em tomorrow and Thu w/ Josh and Jon. Have Faith!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

Two amazing comments on this page alone. 

First AL34 blames Francona for not having his team ready.  One has visions of Terry bringing the guys to Fenway on the off days for two a day drills, waterboarding, whatever it takes to get them "ready."  You know who wasn't ready, AL34?  Adrian Gonzalez.  You gonna blame Francona for that? 

And Dannycater announces the Sox lost because McDonald had no business playing.  Allow me to point out, Mr. Cater, that the guy who had no business playing tonight is the Sox best player, Adrian Gonzalez, who went 0 for 5, struck out three times, and left 5 guys on base.  The problem wasn't that the Yankees beat up our bench guys, but that they beat up our best guys.  Ellsbury did get that fluky single, but he too left 5 guys on base.  Pedroia and Ortiz didn't do much either.  Lowrie, the much maligned backbencher, had 3 hits, but couldn't score or drive in anybody because he was surrounded by ineptitude--Ellsbury and Gonzalez. 

The Sox got beat fair and square.  They had plenty of opportunities--17 guys left on base--but couldn't deliver in the clutch and the Yankees could. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The mighty Spankees need to bring a cheating  umpire to the contest,oh never mind Rapuano was there. Nice strikezone if you were named Sabathia or Mariano Rivera...After watching the Strike zone go from 2inches off the plate top in the Right handed batters box for CC, Ed the NYC native he then gave Mo the entire battersbox to work with.S krew you Rapuano!!!!!! I guess West,McClelland and Hirshbach weren't available.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox : I wish Salty the best, but Girardi is right.  That should have been a strike.  Awful plate umpiring all night.  Horrible zone AND inconsistent.  Sheesh.
    Posted by vsports[/QUOTE] No it wasn't a strike ! the ball struck Salty and he never broke his wrists though the mutt throwing the ball almost broke his arm.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsinsider. Show rsinsider's posts

[QUOTE]Two amazing comments on this page alone.  First AL34 blames Francona for not having his team ready.  One has visions of Terry bringing the guys to Fenway on the off days for two a day drills, waterboarding, whatever it takes to get them "ready."  You know who wasn't ready, AL34?  Adrian Gonzalez.  You gonna blame Francona for that?  And Dannycater announces the Sox lost because McDonald had no business playing.  Allow me to point out, Mr. Cater, that the guy who had no business playing tonight is the Sox best player, Adrian Gonzalez, who went 0 for 5, struck out three times, and left 5 guys on base.  The problem wasn't that the Yankees beat up our bench guys, but that they beat up our best guys.  Ellsbury did get that fluky single, but he too left 5 guys on base.  Pedroia and Ortiz didn't do much either.  Lowrie, the much maligned backbencher, had 3 hits, but couldn't score or drive in anybody because he was surrounded by ineptitude--Ellsbury and Gonzalez.  The Sox got beat fair and square.  They had plenty of opportunities--17 guys left on base--but couldn't deliver in the clutch and the Yankees could. 
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

Ineptitude..........bahwahwawhawh SCOOT bats second NOT jed !!!!!!!!!!! INEPTITUDE NOW THATS FUNNY!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from eddiewilson. Show eddiewilson's posts

-----No it wasn't a strike ! the ball struck Salty and he never broke his wrists though the mutt throwing the ball almost broke his arm.-----

it doesn't matter if he broke his wrists, he swung and his bat went through the strike zone, making it a swing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

[QUOTE]-----No it wasn't a strike ! the ball struck Salty and he never broke his wrists though the mutt throwing the ball almost broke his arm.----- it doesn't matter if he broke his wrists, he swung and his bat went through the strike zone, making it a swing.
    Posted by eddiewilson[/QUOTE]

Based on his bizarro strike zone, the home plate ump apparently ingested some magic mushrooms before the game, so what can you expect.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]The mighty MLB need to bring an inconsistent  umpire to the contest,oh never mind Rapuano was there. Nice strikezone if you were named Sabathia or Mariano Rivera...After watching the Strike zone go from 2inches off the plate top in the Right handed batters box for CC, Ed the NYC native he then gave Mo the entire battersbox to work with.S krew you Rapuano!!!!!! I guess West,McClelland and Hirshbach weren't available.
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE] fixed.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

[QUOTE]jete, your team exposed the lack of bench of the Sox....McDonald batting when he shouldn't, Reddick pinch hitting to end game....Drew couldn't come back fast enough.
    Posted by dannycater[/QUOTE] well, DC i don't necessarily agree with that, Francona went with who he had...if CC makes a mistake DMac could certainly go yard, and trust me i don't consider Reddick an easy out by any stretch...he laced that ball, Gardner just happened to be there, not to mention he's hurt us once this season already...