Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox

In this series , this would seem to be the game where the Yankees have the pitching match-up advantage.  Would be great for the Sox to take this one. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox:
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox : exam did you get your tv situation straightened out?
    Posted by J-BAY

Yeah. Returned my 55", and got a 47" LG with internet capability. Smaller, but with a lot more features and better picture. It's a $1,700 tv, and I got it for $850 because I bought the display model. I'm HOPING when I get the internet hooked up, I can watch the Sox games on it without connecting my laptop.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Lackey's got good stuff in the early going...featuring a better breaking ball than last time out

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Lackey's got good stuff in the early going...featuring a better breaking ball than last time out
    Posted by jete02fan

No sooner said, than trouble starts. The ole' reverse psychology move jete? BTW, Sabathia looks awesome tonight. Cool

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

gonna need an way above average lackey tonight
    got a feeling cc will be how he is against everyone else tomight

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Posted by jete02fan

Lackey is Lackey.  Not very good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

YES!!!!..wow, how the heck did that get through.. looked like a DP ball off the bat.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Lackey cant field his position very well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox : Yeah. Returned my 55", and got a 47" LG with internet capability. Smaller, but with a lot more features and better picture. It's a $1,700 tv, and I got it for $850 because I bought the display model. I'm HOPING when I get the internet hooked up, I can watch the Sox games on it without connecting my laptop.
    Posted by TheExaminer

little aggrevation, but it worked out for the best in the end. display model is always the way to go. how much use and abuse could a tv take and you know it works.

DOUBLE PLAY!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

arrgh....nice DP turn..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Thank God the only person in the world George is faster then is Youk.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Nice job by Lackey to get out of it, but can't shake the feeling the Sox are gonna lose this one. CC will be better, I just know it. But that's ok, the matchups favor us the next two. I'm fine with losing one if we can get the last two. We'll see, long way to go tonight, could just be the typical NYY jitters.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimdavis. Show jimdavis's posts

YES!!!!..wow, how the heck did that get through.. looked like a DP ball off the bat.
    Posted by jete02fan

Jete, the Lackey haters won't admit that the ball was misplayed by Pedey.  He took the wrong angle and it cost the Sox a force play at 2nd.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

CC hitting spots, early. tighen up D and dont help him with dirt ball swings

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread: Yankees @ Red Sox : little aggrevation, but it worked out for the best in the end. display model is always the way to go. how much use and abuse could a tv take and you know it works. DOUBLE PLAY!!!
    Posted by J-BAY

Yeah. It had been up for about 3 months and it's an LED with a 15-25K hour life span, so it's all good. Same warranty as out of the box too.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

I'm still happy with Lackey's performance so far.  Swishers hit was a very weak hit as was Chavez, which on some nights could be a double play.

Thats still not an excuse, little crappy hits form runs all the time a good pitcher gets out of those jams and a bad pitcher will let those unlucky hits turn into a big inning.  Lackey kept the ball down and got a DP play ball.

Lets hope he continues to pitch this well.

Now lets start hitting Sabathia

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Time for fireworks from rh Jeddie.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

3K!!!..c'mon CC..all the way back here...crap!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

wow, if they give CC a foot off the plate.............. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I'm still happy with Lackey's performance so far.  Swishers hit was a very weak hit as was Chavez, which on some nights could be a double play. Thats still not an excuse, little crappy hits form runs all the time a good pitcher gets out of those jams and a bad pitcher will let those unlucky hits turn into a big inning.  Lackey kept the ball down and got a DP play ball. Lets hope he continues to pitch this well. Now lets start hitting Sabathia
    Posted by ctredsoxfanhugh

None of those were hit really hard, and I agree with jim to a point. PD prob'ly could have taken a different angle on that--might have gotten to it. Who knows. I don't think 1 will beat us, but I'm also not sure NYY will stop at 1.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Uh oh, Crawford. Bunt or chip, run and hit!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

not complaining a bit, but man Crawford's swing has gone afoul... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I think Bucholz will be back this year. We have a whole month to go yet. The scenario I see is a Sox starter struggling in a playoff game--5 runs in 3 innings or something. I could see Bucholz coming in and pitching 4 relief innings while the offense chips away and comes back to win 7-6 or something. I don't think he'll start again.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! boot dig

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from S0ftl@w. Show S0ftl@w's posts

Walk for Crawford!!! Yes!!!

Sections
Shortcuts