Tuesday Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Tuesday Game Thread

The game is blacked out here, so I'm listening to WEEI. They're talking about the things we all thought when the team was playing bad, asking the question "when are we gonna be back to .500?", and etc. I'm asking the same question tonight, and the answer is "maybe real soon". :-(

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from deedles71. Show deedles71's posts

For f_ck's sake!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

Chopper...Murphey's Law tonite.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

UGH!

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Typical Remy and Orsillo. The last two nights they are spinning it like the White Sox are getting all lucky hits.  Not one word about the Sox horrendous pitching.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OV. Show OV's posts

Wow...  an instant replay of Ozzie taking his glasses off... kinda sums the way the game is going.... coming off a successful road trip it would be nice to make some hay at home... got to turn it around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread:
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread : I know what you mean. Aceves was due for a fall. Wake very well may be , as well. Lester has looked lost all this month. Now the bats have cooled. As for Ozzie; I think he is a good manager. Sometimes he goes a little overboard but I like him.
    Posted by dgalehouse

a little?!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

UGH!
    Posted by J-BAY

Well said J-Bay. This is ridiculous. EXACTLY what I thought was going to happen coming into this series. I would much rather have been wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

One of the worst things about blowouts is the banter in the booth.  Now that we've discussed Ozzie's glasses ad nauseum what's next?  Bring on Heidi at least.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Wow,went upstairs for 5 minutes and come back to a complete blowout.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Typical Remy and Orsillo. The last two nights they are spinning it like the White Sox are getting all lucky hits.  Not one word about the Sox horrendous pitching.
    Posted by dgalehouse

gale.....they work for NESN, owned by the red sox....not going to happen

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

BTW, I don't agree with the idea that Ozzie is a good manager, and I don't like him. I think he's a loud mouth/loose cannon in love with himself who's team has sometimes won in spite of him and not because of him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

What's up with the pen resently letting all inherited runners score.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Funny, dgale, I was typing my booth b!tch before having seen yours.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxdawg08. Show soxdawg08's posts

1-8 vs Chi since 2010.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from splendidsplinterteddyballgame. Show splendidsplinterteddyballgame's posts

Why do they keep trotting Atchison out there.  That guy SUCKS.  He is not a big league pitcher.  He should not be in the majors.  What a joke.  When he comes in you know the Sox are going to lose.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from deedles71. Show deedles71's posts

Humber, Shmumber...let's get some damn runs. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I grew up following the Reds and listening to Marty Brenhamen. Teams everywhere else in baseball just don't know how soft cell announcers are when you haven't listened to Brenhamen. Marty calls it like it is. I thought all announcers did that until I started hearing guys from other teams and how soft they were. If a guy makes a bonehead play Marty will say "that was a bonehead play by--insert name here--a real case of vapor lock. They screwed that up about as bad as it could be screwed up", and etc. That's why he's a hall of fame broadcaster. Listening to Don and Jerry has been culture shock for me, and as much as I like them, I do wish they'd tell it like it is more often than they do, especially on a night like this when we are all THINKING it anyway.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Goofywocky. Show Goofywocky's posts

and it is bad when tek represents your lone run.  Time to give Felix D a start.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

I just don't understand why some fans think so highly of Don and Jerry. I'm in NJ and get to sometimes catch the Mets games. I'm no Mets fan but their announce team of Cohen , Darling and Hernandez are really outstanding. A pleasure to listen to. They are informative and they know when to be serious and when to kid around. Also, they are not at all afraid to criticize the home team even though they work for the Mets' station, SNY. Remy and Orsillo are not even close to being in their class.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

gale, mets announcers were named number one last season, orsillo/remy third

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I grew up following the Reds and listening to Marty Brenhamen. Teams everywhere else in baseball just don't know how soft cell announcers are when you haven't listened to Brenhamen. Marty calls it like it is. I thought all announcers did that until I started hearing guys from other teams and how soft they were. If a guy makes a bonehead play Marty will say "that was a bonehead play by--insert name here--a real case of vapor lock. They screwed that up about as bad as it could be screwed up", and etc. That's why he's a hall of fame broadcaster. Listening to Don and Jerry has been culture shock for me, and as much as I like them, I do wish they'd tell it like it is more often than they do, especially on a night like this when we are all THINKING it anyway.
    Posted by TheExaminer

They work for the Sox so they can't be to critical.

Sections
Shortcuts