Tuesday Game Thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Re: Tuesday Game Thread

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread:
    [QUOTE]I just don't understand why some fans think so highly of Don and Jerry. I'm in NJ and get to sometimes catch the Mets games. I'm no Mets fan but their announce team of Cohen , Darling and Hernandez are really outstanding. A pleasure to listen to. They are informative and they know when to be serious and when to kid around. Also, they are not at all afraid to criticize the home team even though they work for the Mets' station, SNY. Remy and Orsillo are not even close to being in their class.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I like Don and Jerry, they come across as very nice, but more realism would be better. The radio team of Dan and Joe are similarly soft. But I've rarely heard anyone that comes up to Marty Brenhamen, his son included.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]gale, mets announcers were named number one last season, orsillo/remy third
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    I know. Vin Scully was second. If I had a vote, Don and Jerry would have been well down the list. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Emptying the bench with 3 at bats left???????

Fans might as well leave and stop buying Beer,concessions and merchandise since the manager has already conceded the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Looks like Tito has officially thrown in the towel on this one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Emptying the bench with 3 at bats left??????? Fans might as well leave and stop buying Beer,concessions and merchandise since the manager has already conceded the game.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]
    Might be all the more reason to keep buying beer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game Thread : They work for the Sox so they can't be to critical.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

I don't know who the Reds announcers work for. I think they also work for the team, but I'm not sure. Either way, I can tell you that it wouldn't make any difference with Marty, he'd say the same thing if that's what he saw happen on the field. That's what separates the good ones from the great ones. Should have heard him the other day when Brandon Phillips got distracted by a converstaion with Jimmy Rollins and got himself picked off second base. He said exactly what happened, and put the blame exactly where it belonged. Not very many announcers will do that, and some of them lose their jobs when they do. Unfortunate.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Remy gets a pass because of his history as a player here.  Orsillo is very good on national broadcasts.  It's too bad he can't avoid the shtick with Jerry.  They don't come close to Sox broadcasters of the past.   Guys like Gowdy and Martin set the standard for me. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

Why have i had the oddest feeling, even down 9 runs, that the Sox were going to come back this game? Lets go Sox Funnier things have happened!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

couldnt agree more about atchison. I have no idea why he keeps getting called up. he is crap. I would much rather give his innings to mike bowden and call up okajima to replace atchison. he is a joke. gets lit up every time. 6-1 game turns into a 10-1 thanks to atchison. But ya francona keep trotting him out there because the front office sees something in a guy who was pitching in japan until the sox signed him. Once lackey is back aceves should return to the pen and atchison should return to the minors and stay there. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Change of subject here:  What happens when Lackey returns? I think Aceves goes to the pen and Atchison goes bye- bye.  What happens when Scutaro and McDonald return?  Do Reddick and Sutton go down or do they keep one of them and DFA Darnell?  If so, which one would they keep. Just something to speculate about in a blowout. Better than dwelling on Ozzie's glasses.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Why have i had the oddest feeling, even down 9 runs, that the Sox were going to come back this game? Lets go Sox Funnier things have happened!
    Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE]

Very few things would make me happier at this particular time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Drew sucks

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from deedles71. Show deedles71's posts

Man, when they stink, they stink.

Alright, that's all the whining I got.  :)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Remy gets a pass because of his history as a player here.  Orsillo is very good on national broadcasts.  It's too bad he can't avoid the shtick with Jerry.  They don't come close to Sox broadcasters of the past.   Guys like Gowdy and Martin set the standard for me. 
    Posted by joel49[/QUOTE]

ned martin was the best. i can remember when the televised games were few and far between, so i appreciate being able to watch them all, regardless

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxpride34. Show redsoxpride34's posts

Also, has anyone noticed how bad the sox hitting has been against actual quality pitchers? The last 3 games a perfect example, verlander dominated, peavy dominated, humber dominating. This team does not hit well against good pitching and as a result we are about to lose our 3rd game in a row and will probably lose tomorrow too with wake on the mound and the white sox teeing off on our pitching. Theo needs to make some moves. This team is a good hitting right fielder and a solid number 4 starter away from being a really strong world series contender. Right now there are too many holes in this team. lack of starting pitching, a right fielder who cant hit, a short stop who cant field, a bullpen with only 1 lefty, 2 catchers who can barely hit .300 combined. Theo has some good pieces in lowrie, reddick, scutaro, cameron, and other prospects. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Why have i had the oddest feeling, even down 9 runs, that the Sox were going to come back this game? Lets go Sox Funnier things have happened!
    Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE]
    Zack, you bring a whole new meaning to the word " optimist."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I feel like I can say this now. I didn't before because I was afraid someone would instantly send a trojan horse virus directly into my hard drive and destroy my computer forever for my sacrelige. And that is: I think the best Sox TV announcing team we have at this point is Don and ECK. Eckersly is one of the best color guys I've ever heard, he's immeasurably better than Remy. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

a lot of fat bastards in the Bellrica FD

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

Oy

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from zack5042. Show zack5042's posts

[QUOTE]Also, has anyone noticed how bad the sox hitting has been against actual quality pitchers? The last 3 games a perfect example, verlander dominated, peavy dominated, humber dominating. This team does not hit well against good pitching and as a result we are about to lose our 3rd game in a row and will probably lose tomorrow too with wake on the mound and the white sox teeing off on our pitching. Theo needs to make some moves. This team is a good hitting right fielder and a solid number 4 starter away from being a really strong world series contender. Right now there are too many holes in this team. lack of starting pitching, a right fielder who cant hit, a short stop who cant field, a bullpen with only 1 lefty, 2 catchers who can barely hit .300 combined. Theo has some good pieces in lowrie, reddick, scutaro, cameron, and other prospects. 
    Posted by redsoxpride34[/QUOTE]
    WAH WAH WAH! we cant win every game! we just won a bunch of games and im pretty sure we've beat verlander this season? and other aces theres no way we won 7 straight then like 5 straight and didnt face one ace.... BTW our catcher has put up our only run today tyvm....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Well Jenks looks like the stint on the DL did him a world of good.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

You tell him, Zack!  I've learned to put his rants on ignore.

Sections
Shortcuts