Tuesday Game thread

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

Re: Tuesday Game thread

HOMERUN REDDICK!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Game thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game thread : I do too bobby. the company i work for in cromwell ct is a sponser of the rockcats. have seen mauer, morneau, span and hunter. a few years ago they had a year end party for the sponsors. the former gm of the twins, ryan, was the guest speaker. said releasing papi was the biggest mistake and still lost sleep over it. i asked him later what he attributed to papi success. he said some player develope later than others. said he was a great guy. he a tori hunter were best and still friends. bothe were charitable even then.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

What I never got about Ortiz being released is that he has a solid year for the Twins in 2002 and was one of their better hitters.. He had 20 HR, 75 RBIs and batted .275. And more, he was fourth in doubles with 32 (three players had 37), third in homers, third in RBIs, fourth in BA (one point behind Guzman's .273; fifth if you added Kielty's .291 in 289 AB) fourth in OBP and third in OPS (fifht and fourth respectively if you add Kielty). And he was hardly expensive to keep.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Wow, that's one thing jbay. I guess netcast is behind live action. You guys posted about the HR before Reddick even stepped to the plate here. And he hit it on the 4th pitch. I'll live with it, 47" HD looks good.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Hey J-Bay I was there when Clemens pitched for New Britain Sox and won the Eastern League Championship, he just won the College World Series for Texas. He struck out 14 batters, place was packed.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

use to go to alot of the sox games. still go when they're in town. saw iglesias last year. three years ago masterson was the pitcher in the season opener, few guys i work with went to the meet and greet before the game. said he was a great guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Boy, the moderators are TIGHT tonight! LOL....Post after post getting nixed! Innocent

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game thread : What I never got about Ortiz being released is that he has a solid year for the Twins in 2002 and was one of their better hitters.. He had 20 HR, 75 RBIs and batted .275. And more, he was fourth in doubles with 32 (three players had 37), third in homers, third in RBIs, fourth in BA (one point behind Guzman's .273; fifth if you added Kielty's .291 in 289 AB) fourth in OBP and third in OPS (fifht and fourth respectively if you add Kielty). And he was hardly expensive to keep.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]

he was with them for a while tho roy. think they just didnt see it and decided to released him. pedro martinez was the one who told the sox to take a look at him. the rest is history.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Why is Weiland pitching if he is slated to start Friday?  Is this his normal throw day? How many pitches will he throw? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game thread : use to go to alot of the sox games. still go when they're in town. saw iglesias last year. three years ago masterson was the pitcher in the season opener, few guys i work with went to the meet and greet before the game. said he was a great guy.
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

sure wish we'd kept that guy

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game thread : sure wish we'd kept that guy
    Posted by soxnewmex[/QUOTE]

me too. loved the kid. wish him well, except against us

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Marco Scutaro is the greatest defensive wizard EVER!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]Why is Weiland pitching if he is slated to start Friday?  Is this his normal throw day? How many pitches will he throw? 
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

This is Tuesday. He doesn't start until Friday, so I'm sure giving him an inning was just to give him work and shake of rust.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]Why is Weiland pitching if he is slated to start Friday?  Is this his normal throw day? How many pitches will he throw? 

So many questions dgale. You'll be told when you need to know. All in good time, all in good time.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, that's one thing jbay. I guess netcast is behind live action. You guys posted about the HR before Reddick even stepped to the plate here. And he hit it on the 4th pitch. I'll live with it, 47" HD looks good.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]
    MLB Extra Innings costs a little more than MLB TV , but you get it live, with all the different camera angles.  Much better to watch.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game thread : This is Tuesday. He doesn't start until Friday, so I'm sure giving him an inning was just to give him work and shake of rust.
    Posted by royf19[/QUOTE]
    Thanks for reminding me this is Tuesday. I completely forgot.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]Wow, that's one thing jbay. I guess netcast is behind live action. You guys posted about the HR before Reddick even stepped to the plate here. And he hit it on the 4th pitch. I'll live with it, 47" HD looks good.

exam, thats going to put a damper on your posting in the game threadsYell

NYY still in rain delay 3 hours and counting, must think they can get it in

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game thread : MLB Extra Innings costs a little more than MLB TV , but you get it live, with all the different camera angles.  Much better to watch.

So that's an actual tv channel then? Not online?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game thread : So that's an actual tv channel then? Not online?

its the tv package. not expensive either. may be the way to go next year exam. usually have a free trial month in april

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

OK how about home run to cap off the night for Ortiz.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game thread : exam, thats going to put a damper on your posting in the game threads
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

Well, it actually makes it easier because I don't have the game on my laptop. I don't have to toggle back and forth from the game to the forum the way I have been. Since it's on my tv now.....I haven't been on much the last couple games out of sheer annoyance at the losses. Don't want to see my own text, much less others. Tonight fun though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game thread : So many questions dgale. You'll be told when you need to know. All in good time, all in good time.

How many questions are allowed?  When do I need to know?  When will it be good time?  Can I have another beer?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game thread : exam, thats going to put a damper on your posting in the game threads NYY still in rain delay 3 hours and counting, must think they can get it in
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

But yeah, sometimes the timing is a little off, if that's what you meant.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Game thread : Thanks for reminding me this is Tuesday. I completely forgot.

Sarcasm aside, I was counting the days in my head because I never know what day it is. In my job, I'm always working on stuff for future days, so I tend to have to step back a minute and figure out what day it is.

Sections
Shortcuts