Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers

In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers:
    Providence Journal: "Bobby Valentine said he only expects to hit Crawford lower in the batting order against lefthanded pitchers, against whom the left fielder has tended to have less success. Crawford has four hits and a walk in 16 plate appearances against lefties so far this season since he returned to the major leagues. He faced lefties twice at Triple-A Pawtucket and five times at Double-A Portland during his rehab assignments. "I'm putting him in a place he was comfortable with last year," Valentine said. "He has all of about 15 at-bats against lefthanders this whole year. I talked to Carl about it, actually. It seemed to make sense to him. It makes sense to me. Rather than rush. When first asked for his thoughts on being dropped in the lineup Tuesday, he (Crawford) first said, "No thoughts," his voice somewhat terse. Asked a follow-up question about handling that spot in the batting order, however, he sounded more OK with the move. "I understand now," he said. "Last year was more like trying to prove to the manager and all that kind of stuff, just fighting against myself. This year I understand that, OK, I might be at the bottom sometimes, I might be at the top. I'm cool with it. I've come to grips that it might happen, so this year I know to stay within myself and just keep playing my game." it, we'll let it come to us." ...
    Posted by 2004Idiots

This is what one should try and avoid.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from youkillus. Show youkillus's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : When Papi comes back is Ciriaco even playing?  Why isn't Salty DHing?
    Posted by Tomhab

Because if Shopp gets hurt or traded, who will catch?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucbom. Show lucbom's posts

In Response to Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers:
      RED SOX (48-49) Ellsbury CF Ciriaco DH Pedroia 2B Gonzalez 1B Ross RF Middlebrooks 3B Crawford LF Shoppach C Aviles SS Pitching: RHP Clay Buchholz (8-3, 5.19) RANGERS (57-38) Kinsler 2B Andrus SS Hamilton LF Beltre 3B Young 1B Cruz DH Murphy RF Napoli C Gentry CF Pitching: LHP Martin Perez (1-1, 5.54)
    Posted by 2004Idiots

Did Francona make up this lineup?  Crawford batting 7th?  According to Crawford that is one of the reasons he was messed up last year.  Crawford didn't like batting in the 7-9 hole and wanted to be in the #2 hole.  Here we go again.  Crawford is going to completely fall apart like he did last year.  His psyche will be toast.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

Well, I see someone was offended by my Mushmouth references and got my post deleted.  Why don't you identify yourself?

You realize you are being insane........Mushmouth is a character developed by Bill Cosby as part of the Fat Albert show.  You realize that Bill Cosby is black right?

Also, this must mean that no one can refer to Albert Puljous or Matt Albers anymore as Phat Albert or Fat Albers

Fair is Fair.............

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

It reminds of when Deon Sanders tried to make it about RACE when Carlton Fisk told him to play the game right.  Ol Deon almost got a good ol fashion butt whopping....Playing the race card is absolutely shameful. 

If you look at my history, I bash guys who are underperformers - has nothing to do w/ race...I bash Beckett and Drew (why didn't anyone call me a racist when I refered to Drew as NANCY DREW; another TV Character??)  and Lester and yes Crawford....I appraise Ortiz and Morales and I even supported Coco Crisp even though he wasn't a top performer in many people's eyes.....not to mention Stealy Dave Roberts........etc etc etc etc

Go cry to Morris Deeds!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : Did Francona make up this lineup?  Crawford batting 7th?  According to Crawford that is one of the reasons he was messed up last year.  Crawford didn't like batting in the 7-9 hole and wanted to be in the #2 hole.  Here we go again.  Crawford is going to completely fall apart like he did last year.  His psyche will be toast.
    Posted by lucbom

BV said he talked to Crawford, he's fine with it. it's just for this game, against the LHP

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : BV said he talked to Crawford, he's fine with it. it's just for this game, against the LHP
    Posted by J-BAY

the fact that the manager had to talk to the guy to discuss it first is simply amazing and pitiful.........

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

Well, I see someone was offended by my Mushmouth references and got my post deleted.  Why don't you identify yourself? You realize you are being insane........Mushmouth is a character developed by Bill Cosby.  You realize that Bill Cosby is black right? Also, this must mean that no one can refer to Albert Puljous or Matt Albers anymore as Phat Albert or Fat Albers Fair is Fair.............
    Posted by andrewmitch

Bill Cosby created those characters in the pre-PC days, he also said that he was a bigot and their were only two of them and he didn't like the other one very much either!  You are not allowed to laugh out loud at that stuff any more, where have you been?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : Bill Cosby created those characters in the pre-PC days, he also said that he was a bigot and their were only two of them and he didn't like the other one very much either!  You are not allowed to laugh out loud at that stuff any more, where have you been?
    Posted by Tomhab

You lost me re:  only 2 of them and not liking each other?

But yes, Bill Cosby does not like White People.  He has made that quite clear. 

So I guess it is OK for me to call White People racist names but I can't do that to Black People?  Got it. I wish someone here would tell me what the rules are!  LOL  What a joke.  You don't have a right to never be offended.  You do have a right to change the channel!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : the fact that the manager had to talk to the guy to discuss it first is simply amazing and pitiful.........
    Posted by andrewmitch

actually i believe the tweet said crawford went to BV but doesnt matter when it comes the CC, andrew. he cant win for losing with you.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : actually i believe the tweet said crawford went to BV but doesnt matter when it comes the CC, andrew. he cant win for losing with you.
    Posted by J-BAY

No.  CC can never win with me.  The jury is already back with him.

Besides I am racist even though I want to trade him for Hanely Rameriz LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : cosby like them well enough to have an affair and child with one.
    Posted by J-BAY

Big deal......How many slave owners had children w/ their slaves?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

I'm sure it's pike or one of his 100 aliases calzone belhorn etc etc etc etc

can you be racist against skitzos?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Pedro Ciriaco v LHP, 2-for-16, last 5 games, 3-for-18
    Is that Lavarnway guy down in Pawtucket gonna come up and DH? Nope.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Carl Crawford all but called out Tito for being pulled from a high spot in the order. When BV does it, now it's ok. What a hypocrite. Let's add that to CC's portfolio.
    1. can't throw
    2. can't field a routine hit to the outfield
    3. can't hit lefties
    4. can't hit for power or extra-bases (0 in 28 plate appearances)
    5. can't understand why he's getting paid 142 million dollars to bat 7th

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

The Lillibridge Era is over in Boston. How sad.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The Lillibridge Era is over in Boston. How sad.
    Posted by dannycater

But he could play 11 positions!!! LMAO!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : It's hard to lose any more respect for Mushmouth but that's exactly what's happening.
    Posted by andrewmitch

So is Mushmonth CC or BV just so I know?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : LOL It's CC....I can't understand a word Crawford says and that was Mushmouth...or Latka or F.E.S. or Boomhauer - I guess it's OK if I insult an Eastern European or a Latin America or a Texan but we mustn't upset the Africans.........oh yeah, and of course it's OK to insult the Native American ala Jacoby Ellsbury........
    Posted by andrewmitch

I didn't realize that CC was an African I always assumed he was an American.  But i can't remmeber hearing him talk, maybe it's his African Accent you are having trouble understanding...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

well, one of the racists here got my post deleted

but yeah, just like Barry Soettoro is an African American when really he is half white and wasn't born in either America nor Africa.  go figure.......I think it's his southern drool I can't follow......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : But he could play 11 positions!!! LMAO!
    Posted by andrewmitch

5 tool!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : 5 tool!!!
    Posted by MoreRings

LOL

that's JD Drew and Carl Crawford - and both of them could play all 3 Outfield positions and never miss a start!!! LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

sox putting some good swings on the ball.

lets see if clay can keep it going from his last outing. consistent starts is what this team needs more than anything

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

clay is establishing "THE PURPOSE PITCH" as bill and his dad would say lol

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

It seems like we are huge underdogs in this game. Kind of a weird feeling for a team with this much talent.

Sections
Shortcuts