Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers

still don't see why pedroia isn't DHing while papi is on the DL..... he is coming off of an injury he sustained while playing in the field..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

In Response to Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers:
    [QUOTE]lineup: Ellsbury, Ciriaco DH, Pedroia, Gonzalez, Ross, Middlebrooks, Crawford, Shoppach, Aviles.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]

Sox and Buchholz are taking down the Rangers tonight.  BOOK IT!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : Sox and Buchholz are taking down the Rangers tonight.  BOOK IT!
    Posted by Bigpapa1977[/QUOTE]

what an unbelievable year clay is having with his bloated ERA, WHIP and opp BA...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Does it really matter what lineup they put out on the field anymore ?  Thank God football season is on the horizon !  Lets go Pats !!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

Crawford is batting 7th tonight

Why is Ciriaco batting 2nd and Crawford is batting 7th?

Why wouldn't you just keep Crawford in the 2-hole for the rest of the season? 

If he continues to slump, well just figure out something for 2013.... 

I agree with Crawford on this, if you are going to pay a guy 142 million dollars, why would you not give him every opportunity to succeed?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]brianmacp Oswalt said the idea he wanted to pitch close to home was overblown, that he came close to signing with the Dodgers at one point.      Roy Oswalt said the Red Sox never made him an offer after they watched him throw at Mississippi State.

Didnt the Boston media report Oswalt didnt want to pitch in the ALE, the sox made him an offer and he turned them down?? Foot in mouth

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford is batting 7th tonight Why is Ciriaco batting 2nd and Crawford is batting 7th? Why wouldn't you just keep Crawford in the 2-hole for the rest of the season?  If he continues to slump, well just figure out something for 2013....  I agree with Crawford on this, if you are going to pay a guy 142 million dollars, why would you not give him every opportunity to succeed?

It's not like they are taking any $$$ away from him, he needs to stop being so sensitive and start producing if he want to play with the big boys...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]Crawford is batting 7th tonight Why is Ciriaco batting 2nd and Crawford is batting 7th? Why wouldn't you just keep Crawford in the 2-hole for the rest of the season?  If he continues to slump, well just figure out something for 2013....  I agree with Crawford on this, if you are going to pay a guy 142 million dollars, why would you not give him every opportunity to succeed?
    Ciriaco figures to be more productive against the lefty than does Crawford.  That is the percentage play. No disrespect to Crawford. Just trying to win the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : It's not like they are taking any $$$ away from him, he needs to stop being so sensitive and start producing if he want to play with the big boys...
    Posted by Tomhab[/QUOTE]

Paying Crawford 142 million was a mistake.  But why not try and maximize your investment?  If he is a little crazy and thinks that hitting 2nd will make him a better hitter, then leave him there.

Crawford is going to be on this team THROUGH the 2017 season (unless we trade him).  Let us try and make him happy this year.  This guy seems to be a gamer and appears to want to play better (unlike Josh Beckett who could care less).  Why would Bobby V put some AAAA player in the 2-hole, when he knows that Crawford will be upset?

Yeesh.  I know that this is an 'important' game, but he should really think about the big picture.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

The Sox are trying to win, Since when???  I'll be happy if the can hold the Rangers to under 4 runs in the first...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : Ciriaco figures to be more productive against the lefty than does Crawford.  That is the percentage play. No disrespect to Crawford. Just trying to win the game.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

I understand, but it is not as if Ciriaco is the second coming of Bobby Doerr.  Hit Crawford 2nd and Ciriaco would be fine in the 7-hole.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox are trying to win, Since when???  I'll be happy if the can hold the Rangers to under 4 runs in the first...
    Posted by Tomhab[/QUOTE]
    Trying to win and actually winning are two different things. Batting Ciriaco second and Crawford seventh against the lefty makes perfect sense. That is all I'm saying.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]brianmacp Crawford said he's more comfortable hitting lower in the lineup this year. "I'm cool with it. I've come to grips that it might happen."

Well I'm certainly glad Lord Crawford is "cool with it" seeing he's done little to nothing to justify hitting higher in the lineup.  I think Lord Crawford needs to engage in a little more conversation with his accountant - as he perhaps doesn't realize he's being paid the same wage to stink and hit 7th or lower in the lineup as he would, you know, playing well and hitting where he "thinks" best serves you know, the team.  Glad we're paying this ultimate "team player" so much!  Jeez, the sense of entitlement amazes

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : Trying to win and actually winning are two different things. Batting Ciriaco second and Crawford seventh against the lefty makes perfect sense. That is all I'm saying.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

When Papi comes back is Ciriaco even playing?  Why isn't Salty DHing?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : When Papi comes back is Ciriaco even playing?  Why isn't Salty DHing?
    Posted by Tomhab[/QUOTE]
    You are getting a little too far off track. The point is, Ciriaco hits lefties better than Crawford does. Ciriaco is not Bobby Doerr. Crawford is certainly not Ted Williams. It is a simple percentage move to drop Crawford in the order. That is it. Not a big deal at all.  As for Salty DHing; same thing, he does not hit lefties.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bpeabs. Show bpeabs's posts

Can we please have a set lineup and use it for more than a day!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts