Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers

whats more likely to happen? buch finishes with a under 5 ERA or gonzo with a .300+ average?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

I think if they did get hanley, you could talk him into following Mannys footsteps in LF and then we would have Hanley being Hanley...Just tell him to mash...
    Damn...Beltre just got plunked in the head...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers:
    [QUOTE]George Brett's pine tar HR 29 years ago today.
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

I was there for the makeup inning.  That was back in the old days.  One of my friends bought a case of beer, and we hung out in the NYY parling lot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]whats more likely to happen? buch finishes with a under 5 ERA or gonzo with a .300+ average?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Both

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

oh damn!! thats rough. padilla hits his first batsman of the year and in grand fashion. i hope that doesnt become a thing

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

Just crazy. Everything is going to hell on this club. Padilla trying to hand them a run.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : That about sums it up.
    Posted by dgalehouse[/QUOTE]

But how did we get here? This bad? Is it because they had some success and turned into NYY? Started playing a game that wasn't their style? The throwing money at FA's backfired in NY too from 02-08, so they went through this too. Our turn now I guess.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Dont blow this...Buch put them in a position to win and now this...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I saw it, I think pitch just away from Padilla. In response to "Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers": [QUOTE]I think if they did get hanley, you could talk him into following Mannys footsteps in LF and then we would have Hanley being Hanley...Just tell him to mash... Damn...Beltre just got plunked in the head... Posted by southpaw777[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Tonight more than ever it seems.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : But how did we get here? This bad? Is it because they had some success and turned into NYY? Started playing a game that wasn't their style? The throwing money at FA's backfired in NY too from 02-08, so they went through this too. Our turn now I guess.

thats what I posted today exam. the sox tried to do things the nyy way and we couldnt afford to take the losses of the bad contracts like they can. its just money to them. the sox never have and never will generate the revenue the yanks do. Sox need to go back to basics and rebuild the farm system. few fa here and there to fill the holes. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

That whole sequence was unnecessary andrus was standing on the bag why throw over Adrian wasn't even set. That led to the HBP.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : This team is an absolute wreck right now. This is the worst I've ever seen them since I started following them. So many things wrong from the top down, I don't even know where to start.

Start with LL.  He could've kept Theo and Tito for one more year, but he wanted to show how smart he was.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : But how did we get here? This bad? Is it because they had some success and turned into NYY? Started playing a game that wasn't their style? The throwing money at FA's backfired in NY too from 02-08, so they went through this too. Our turn now I guess.
    Something happened last September that just turned everything around. Very little has gone right since then.  At this point , all confidence is gone. The players would deny it , but it sure looks like they expect to lose. I think big changes are coming. It is too bad that big changes were not made last off season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : Something happened last September that just turned everything around. Very little has gone right since then.  At this point , all confidence is gone. The players would deny it , but it sure looks like they expect to lose. I think big changes are coming. It is too bad that big changes were not made last off season.

They made big changes gale but the wrong ones. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AL34. Show AL34's posts

I think Theo thought that the Yankees wanted Crawford, the Red Sox were playing games with Cliff Lee that year with secret offers to keep the Yankees busy, then they made the offer to Carl Crawford. In response to "Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : thats what I posted today exam. the sox tried to do things the nyy way and we couldnt afford to take the losses of the bad contracts like they can. its just money to them. the sox never have and never will generate the revenue the yanks do. Sox need to go back to basics and rebuild the farm system. few fa here and there to fill the holes.  Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : thats what I posted today exam. the sox tried to do things the nyy way and we couldnt afford to take the losses of the bad contracts like they can. its just money to them. the sox never have and never will generate the revenue the yanks do. Sox need to go back to basics and rebuild the farm system. few fa here and there to fill the holes. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]
    Nobody can ever generate the revenue that the Yankees do. We generate a lot more than most teams , but we have not used it wisely the last few years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Here comes Nava!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : thats what I posted today exam. the sox tried to do things the nyy way and we couldnt afford to take the losses of the bad contracts like they can. its just money to them. the sox never have and never will generate the revenue the yanks do. Sox need to go back to basics and rebuild the farm system. few fa here and there to fill the holes. 
    Posted by J-BAY[/QUOTE]

AG is serviceable, will probably end up being a good trade/signing in the end. It's the Crawford, Lackey, and Jenks signings that really are killing this team now, with the air being let out of the two Fat Cats. Too many hits for any team to survive. Meanwhile, Aroldis Chapman blows everybody away in the 9th. Incredible, just incredible. This guy is flat out unhittable when he does his normal thing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Come on salty!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : Something happened last September that just turned everything around. Very little has gone right since then.  At this point , all confidence is gone. The players would deny it , but it sure looks like they expect to lose. I think big changes are coming. It is too bad that big changes were not made last off season.

I think it goes back further than that dg. That team had the smell of rottenness in it even in May-July when they were playing well. Things just never seemed right, it was hard to put your finger on, and you couldn't complain when they were winning, but there was still this feeling that something was wrong. Boy was it ever.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : AG is serviceable, will probably end up being a good trade/signing in the end. It's the Crawford, Lackey, and Jenks signings that really are killing this team now, with the air being let out of the two Fat Cats. Too many hits for any team to survive. Meanwhile, Aroldis Chapman blows everybody away in the 9th. Incredible, just incredible. This guy is flat out unhittable when he does his normal thing.
    The Sox did not have the money to sign guys like Chapman and Darvish. They blew the payroll on the wrong guys.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Game Thread: Red Sox at Rangers : The Sox did not have the money to sign guys like Chapman and Darvish. They blew the payroll on the wrong guys.

they werent patient and felt they HAD to get someone...Bad moves...Sometimes the best deals are the ones never made...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Good eye Salty...Come on guys...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LondonRedSox. Show LondonRedSox's posts

This could be the best chance to win this game come on MIKE.