1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Re: Tuesday Night lineup

Go...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Based on that lineup, I have a few comments:

1. Did Bobby V throw names in a hat and pull them out one at a time?
    2. The Red Sox can't get rid of Aviles soon enough. Try on these numbers:
    - OBP of .285
    - 2 HR and 9 RBI since beginning of July

3. I don't care what Lavarnway is hitting, he needs to play every day. Look at Salty's numbers:
    - Since June 1, Salty is hitting.189 and striking out 36% of his at bats.
    Why is he even playing?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Good Time To Get a String Of Ws, Halo,s In A Slump, I Like The Lineup 2Night.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In Response to Re: Tuesday Night lineup:
    [QUOTE]Nick Cafardo Boston Globe, National Baseball Writer Will Middlebrooks taking ground balls with a brace on his right wrist. Taking instruction from Jerry Royster.
    Posted by 2004Idiots[/QUOTE]
    Hope They Are Not Pushing Him, Would Hate To See Go Under The Knife....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

You wanted him to stay as manager, so you get these nuthead lineups that make no sense and reek of giving up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Ellsbury,CF
    Pedroia,2b
    Ross,RF
    Gonzalez,1b
    Lavarnway,DH
    Saltalamacchia,C
    Ciriaco,SS
    Punto,3b only because Aviles sucks
    Podsednik,LF

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

[QUOTE]Based on that lineup, I have a few comments: 1. Did Bobby V throw names in a hat and pull them out one at a time? 2. The Red Sox can't get rid of Aviles soon enough. Try on these numbers: - OBP of .285 - 2 HR and 9 RBI since beginning of July 3. I don't care what Lavarnway is hitting, he needs to play every day. Look at Salty's numbers: - Since June 1, Salty is hitting.189 and striking out 36% of his at bats. Why is he even playing?
    Posted by ADG[/QUOTE]

You're missing the point.  The big news is the first three hitters, a real shakeup, with Ciriaco leading off, Pedroia back in the 2 slot, and Ells batting third. 

With LA starting a righty, I think five lefties in the Sox lineup makes sense, especially when Lavarnway is hitting .100.     

Why the hard on for Aviles when he actually can hit better than any of the other options (Iglesias, et al)? 

And, whether you realize it or not, Bobby V's job is to win games, not conduct tryouts for 2013.  The Sox are by no means eliminated from the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuesday Night lineup : You're missing the point.  The big news is the first three hitters, a real shakeup, with Ciriaco leading off, Pedroia back in the 2 slot, and Ells batting third.  With LA starting a righty, I think five lefties in the Sox lineup makes sense, especially when Lavarnway is hitting .100.      Why the hard on for Aviles when he actually can hit better than any of the other options (Iglesias, et al)?  And, whether you realize it or not, Bobby V's job is to win games, not conduct tryouts for 2013.  The Sox are by no means eliminated from the playoffs.
    Posted by maxbialystock[/QUOTE]

"The Sox are by no means eliminated from the playoffs."
    Have you done the math?
    The Red Sox need to play .700 baseball (28 wins / 40) to have a shot.
    Can this team do that? Beckett has 8 of the 40 starts.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

[QUOTE]Chad Finn Boston Globe, Sportswriter Touching All The Bases: Sox will be fine when Beckett, Bobby V. go

Beckett for absolute sure. Show me one fan out there that likes him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

[QUOTE]Brian MacPherson Providence Journal, Red Sox Reporter Ellsbury has never hit third in the major leagues.

Yes, and it's about time someone woke up and realized this is exacly where he belongs in the order. This guy is, by nature and talent, an offensive hitter, He should abandon this first pitch-showbunt-strike one nonense, and start swinging. He's shown what he can do; now, put him where he can swing-away and drive in runs, and do it! Repeating, it's about time!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Ellsbury batting 3rd! It's about time; that's where he should have been since the middle of last year!

Who bats their top hitter 1st? Ciriaco's perfect for lead-off, not someone who is capable oh 100+ RBIs.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from expitch. Show expitch's posts

[QUOTE]Chad Finn Boston Globe, Sportswriter Touching All The Bases: Sox will be fine when Beckett, Bobby V. go
    As far as I can tell, Chad Finn has yet to get anything right. But, who knows, if he keeps predicting a Cy Young for Lester he might be right one of these years.
    All of the Globe writers have their weaknesses, but Finn has a corner on smugness -- and lame wit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmitch. Show andrewmitch's posts

The only way Aviles is in the line up is if you want to give him a look in LF....he's clearly not a starter but the more positions he can play the more he could prove to be a useful bench guy