Tuesday's pre game ceremony for 2004 team.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Tuesday's pre game ceremony for 2004 team.

I believe ownership made a lame attempt to boost attendance for the final homestand by having yet another ceremony honoring the 2004 team. This was no more than an attempt to give the crowd a "feel good" moment in a dreadful , horrible season. How many times can you keep bringing back Wakefield, Varitek, Millar and Pedro? I think they want us to forget how horrible the year has been by having multiple pre-game and post-game parties.

I mean seriously some of the former players were not vital members of the team (Jason Schiell, Dave McCarty???) and too many very important members were not there. How do you honor this team without having Schilling, Damon and Ramirez? I didn't see Bill Mueller , Orland Cabrera or Bellhorn, either. Did I tune in too late or were these 6 starting players omitted or unavailable?

Oh, Nomar was there. Kind of perplexing because he wasn't a member of the World Series winning team, he was traded at the deadline. But , of course, the fans love him and ownership has forgiven him for not being a positive clubhouse guy.

Does this ownership group love pre-game ceremonies or what?

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say we may have a "Doug Mientkwiecz" night before too long.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

Re: Tuesday's pre game ceremony for 2004 team.

I think it's hysterical. These owners are such fools. Honestly. And they think the RS Fans must be stupid....

They can't even have this "8 Year Anniversary Party" In October because these Gutless, underacheiving slackers will all be sitting on various sofa's across the United States.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnchiladaT. Show EnchiladaT's posts

They are treating the fans like morons and simpletons. Try honoring the 2004 team in 2014 (ten years) or 2029..... why not honor the 1986 or 1975 or 1967 teams instead.... ? Why honor anyone  at all at this point.... the 100 year anniversery was enough.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

If they even mention the "sellout streak" Im going to....well...Im not sure, but it wont be good...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

Pedro admitted that he intentionally hit Jeter and Soriano.   lol

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

In response to pike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kirby is a Yankee fan according to his website and he also is a video game freak. Smart guy. Doesn't this forum have enough of these dimwits?

[/QUOTE]

Nothing I wrote is anything new. If you can find any evidence that the 2011-2012 Red Sox DO HAVE HEART? please share it. All the 2004 guys were quoted as saying things like "They just need to find their heart and character again...."

And the ownership group IS playing you for fools. You have no Playoff CHace, you MAY finsih last, but 3 million peeps are filling their pocket$!!! HORRAY!!

69 WINS GOING INTO THE LAST WEEKEND OF THE YEAR. This bunch is to be commended.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

The Red Sox are a young team and have been sinc eth etrade deadline. 

They are not gutless slackers anymore.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Remember this year is a 100 year anniversary.  So Boston just wanted to just keep celebrating it by created all kind of ceremonies!!  IF they had a good year, of course they would more likely to have ceremonies mostly in the mid season.  Since now they are out of playoff, they rather to have fun now before the season is all over!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The all time Red Sox team on Wednesday was equally a joke.

I mean who the heck voted Dennis Eckersley on this team?

He was famous for his relief pitching in Oakland. He stunk in Boston as a starter.

Jerry Remy, while a nice guy and good announcer, really didn't belong on this team as a player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The all time Red Sox team on Wednesday was equally a joke.

I mean who the heck voted Dennis Eckersley on this team?

He was famous for his relief pitching in Oakland. He stunk in Boston as a starter.

Jerry Remy, while a nice guy and good announcer, really didn't belong on this team as a player.

[/QUOTE]

RemBo,s Alright, Better Then Mike Andrews.......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kirbyrob. Show kirbyrob's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Red Sox are a young team and have been sinc eth etrade deadline. 

They are not gutless slackers anymore.

[/QUOTE]

Which means Pedroia, and Buckholtz and Lester, that fabulous Closer, Bailey, and Cody Ross and EVERYONE ELSE is under achieving. I do believe they have lost their last NINE Series's.

They stunk BEFORE the Big Dump, and now after. Not good!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

Z

As far as the 2004 team is concerned. My first take was the same as yours. But then the more I think of it, I don't have a problem. This is the 100th anniversary of Fenway, and there was nothing wrong with having the various celebrations. So honoring the team that broke the title drought was fine. 

I think because of the year and the recent on-the-field struggles the Sox have had, it's easy to criticize some of the other stuff like these celebrations. But we need to seperate them. Just because they front office isn't doing a good job with the on-the-field product, it doesn't mean they should do a chitty job in other areas. Unlike some others on this board, I don't believe for one moment that ownership is happy with the happenings of the past year. They made some bad decision. That doesn't make them evil.

As for the All-Fenway team. The fans should not have had a say. I mean Trot Nixon as the second-team RF. Why not J.D. Drew? Their numbers were about the same. There are so many problems with the selections -- NO TRIS SPEAKER!!!! -- that I can't even go into all the problems. You can tell too many know-nothing-but-the-past-10-years type of fans voted.

My biggest problem with the team is going by position for the OF. Ted Williams is obviously the left fielder, but there's no way in the world that any All-Time Red Sox team should not include Carl Yastrzemski. I mean Fred Lynn (6 full seasons) is on first team and Yaz (23 seasons and HOFer) isn't? Stupid -- beyond stupid.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Roy, I just found the word "stupid" to be quite accurate.

Surely Pedroia is a tough little competitor and so was Trot Nixon. But. 'ALL TIME" greats?...I just don't see it.

Seriously, instead of going by position ( and some teams jost don't have a "great player" at some positions) they should have had maybe the 50 greatest of all time regardless of positions. This gets away from the messy situation of having possibly your best two players ever ( or maybe 3) all playing leftfield.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

In response to ZILLAGOD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Roy, I just found the word "stupid" to be quite accurate.

Surely Pedroia is a tough little competitor and so was Trot Nixon. But. 'ALL TIME" greats?...I just don't see it.

Seriously, instead of going by position ( and some teams jost don't have a "great player" at some positions) they should have had maybe the 50 greatest of all time regardless of positions. This gets away from the messy situation of having possibly your best two players ever ( or maybe 3) all playing leftfield.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree about Pedey. He's close -- a lot closer than Nixon -- but he's still behind Bobby Doerr. Give him at least three more years, then let's talk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

Pedey was a good call...but so many of the other choices were bad...embarrasingly bad....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seabeachfred. Show seabeachfred's posts

In response to kirbyrob's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kirby is a Yankee fan according to his website and he also is a video game freak. Smart guy. Doesn't this forum have enough of these dimwits?

[/QUOTE]

Nothing I wrote is anything new. If you can find any evidence that the 2011-2012 Red Sox DO HAVE HEART? please share it. All the 2004 guys were quoted as saying things like "They just need to find their heart and character again...."

And the ownership group IS playing you for fools. You have no Playoff CHace, you MAY finsih last, but 3 million peeps are filling their pocket$!!! HORRAY!!

69 WINS GOING INTO THE LAST WEEKEND OF THE YEAR. This bunch is to be commended.

[/QUOTE]

Kirby, you don't have to defend yourself.   The facts speak for themselves.  The 2012 Red Sox stink to high heaven.  We will be lucky to win 70 games this season, and as Enchilada put it, the front office must think we're a pack of simpletons and bo@bs to fall for that kind of nonsense.  And look at how many of the stalwarts of that 2004 team were missing.  Where was Schilling?  Where was Damon?  Where was Ramirez?  Where was my favorite player Bill Mueller?  They and o thers were nowhere to be found, and to think that on the 100th Anniversary of Fenway Park they give us a team like the one we're seeing now is a total disgrace.

As for Pike trying to rain on your parade, just consider the source, have a good laugh and roll your eyes.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

It is difficult to go back 100 years.....   For the most part, they got it 95% right !!!