Two bad games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Two bad games

If you remove opening day and 5 days ago Beckett's ERA would be would be 2.37. Besides those two bad games he has not gone less then 6 and given up more then 3 runs. Are you still ready to dump him?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

Re: Two bad games

If onlys and justs were candies and nuts. Then every day would be  Erntedankfest.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

What if we removed every start he ever gave up a run in, then he would have a lifetime era of o.oo!!!!  How cool would that be!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

i think bosoxjoe's point is that hes pitched a lot better more consitantly then he has poorly this year so the cries for his removal are slightly overblown.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

He's had 2 front of the rotation type of starts (including today), 1 start that I'd be happy with any time, but would prefer more innings out of a front line type of arm (6 IP, 2 ER), 2 starts worthy of a #4 or #5 starter (6 IP, 3 ER, 6 2/3 IP 3 ER) and 2 starts that aren't MLB worthy (yes these happen all the time in MLB, but it doesn't make them good) 2 1/3 IP, 7 ER and 4 2/3 IP 7 ER.

When you add in his $17M AAV and lack of clubhouse leadership, I'd be happy to give him and his contract away for a bag of balls.

Now that's not to say that he can't help this club out this year, we could certainly use a solid #3/#4 type, but I'd get of of the contract in a heartbeat if I could.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

How about this: Maybe BV shouldn't have left Beckett in for 126 pitches in an April game and maybe the club could have handled inserting Cook into the roto a bit better. I am more inclined to criticize the manager, FO and especially the media than Beckett right now. I seem to recall he was pretty damned good last year and he was on a nice roll before they skipped his start using overblown if not an outright fabricated excuse. And for the record, I wasn't a big fan of the contract he got ... didn't hate it but I wasn't thrilled either.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Re: Two bad games:
    He's had 2 front of the rotation type of starts (including today), 1 start that I'd be happy with any time, but would prefer more innings out of a front line type of arm (6 IP, 2 ER), 2 starts worthy of a #4 or #5 starter (6 IP, 3 ER, 6 2/3 IP 3 ER) and 2 starts that aren't MLB worthy (yes these happen all the time in MLB, but it doesn't make them good) 2 1/3 IP, 7 ER and 4 2/3 IP 7 ER. When you add in his $17M AAV and lack of clubhouse leadership, I'd be happy to give him and his contract away for a bag of balls. Now that's not to say that he can't help this club out this year, we could certainly use a solid #3/#4 type, but I'd get of of the contract in a heartbeat if I could.
    Posted by JB-3

No 4th/5th starter is going to give you 6 inning and 3 ER. The average ERA last year was around 4.50 meaning if he did that everytime out he would be at worse a 3rd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxdirtdog. Show redsoxdirtdog's posts

Frankly, It's amazing how WINNING can change one's perspective!

I was in the RS fan pitchfork brigades up until TODAY!  I still think he has been one of, if not the leading member of, the BAD APPLE GANG!  Those players with entitled, b i t ch about everything, do what the h e l l they please, it's all about me & "I can spend my non-off day / off days however the h e l l I please, I'm running this ship aground, tough s h i t if you don't like it, attitudes! 

There's still a big part of me that would not be at all upset if we traded his arss, BUT given our recent pitching roll........   if we can keep Beckett on the reservation, with no further negative impact to the team, I'M ALL FOR IT!!!!!

AMAZING HOW WINNING CAN COVER A MULTITUDE OF SINS!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Two bad games : No 4th/5th starter is going to give you 6 inning and 3 ER. The average ERA last year was around 4.50 meaning if he did that everytime out he would be at worse a 3rd.
    Posted by BosoxJoe5

That's simply not true.

Last year the average Starter's ERA in MLB was 4.08 (4.23 in the AL).  Additionally, this included several performances from pitchers not deemed good enough to open the season with a club, who were forced into game action due to injuries (think Weiland).  

Last year, in the American League there were 47 starters who threw at least 80 innings with an ERA under 4.50.  So a 4.50 ERA would be starter # 48, or a #4 starter(top 42 pitchers are #3 or better, 14 teams * 3 starters).  The reason 80 IP was used is that only 79 starters threw 80+ innings last year in the AL.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 111SoxFan111. Show 111SoxFan111's posts

Nice one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: Two bad games : That's simply not true. Last year the average Starter's ERA in MLB was 4.08 (4.23 in the AL).  Additionally, this included several performances from pitchers not deemed good enough to open the season with a club, who were forced into game action due to injuries (think Weiland).   Last year, in the American League there were 47 starters who threw at least 80 innings with an ERA under 4.50.  So a 4.50 ERA would be starter # 48, or a #4 starter(top 42 pitchers are #3 or better, 14 teams * 3 starters).  The reason 80 IP was used is that only 79 starters threw 80+ innings last year in the AL.
    Posted by JB-3

For starters #43-#47, only 2 averaged fewer than 6 IP per start and none averaged less than 5 2/3 per start.

Sections
Shortcuts