1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Re: Two Broken Ribs for Middlebrooks

In response to thepeskypole6's comment:

Two broken and separated ribs is what I am hearing. Middlebrooks is trying to convince them he can play through it

Got a link?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Where did you hear this? It is going to be tough for Softy to criticize Ellsbury for being hurt if he misses anytime with this,  especially after last year.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

No link but trust me. Not good news

Where did you get this information? Of course I trust you.....with proper verification.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

When it comes out you can give me a virtual pat on the back. Let's just call it a reliable source for now

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

No link but trust me. Not good news

Where did you get this information? Of course I trust you.....with proper verification.

Just kidding about the verification. I don't wish injury on any player, but as you said, a stint on the DL might be helpful for more than his ribs. Frankly, he was not helping the team offensively at all over the last month.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxbialystock. Show maxbialystock's posts

I like Middlebrooks, but think he is almost the perfect guy to have an injury right now.  Much better on defense than Ciriaco, but really struggling at the plate.  I am not sure, however, I would hand 3B over to Ciriaco even though I'll bet that's what Farrell does. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to maxbialystock's comment:

I like Middlebrooks, but think he is almost the perfect guy to have an injury right now.  Much better on defense than Ciriaco, but really struggling at the plate.  I am not sure, however, I would hand 3B over to Ciriaco even though I'll bet that's what Farrell does.

Will Middlebrooks' UZR/150 numbers in 273.2 innings at third base this season suggest that Middlebrooks was struggling in the field as well:

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx?playerid=7002&position=3B#fieldingadvanced

I agree that if any injury can be timely, this injury could be it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

Move Drew, who has experience at third, and bring up Iggy?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

If WMB is ecpected to miss significant time, Can Drew be tested at 3B?  He has been showing good defense so far and has good throwing arm.  Iglesias can be brought up to play everyday SS.  I know Drew doesn't have 3B experience but I would rather see Drew and Iggy in the left infield than Ciriaco playing everyday.  Ciriaco is at his best as UTIL guy IMO.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

That's an interesting idea, although Stephen Drew has never played an inning at third base in the regular season during his professional career:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/drewst01.shtml

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

In response to SpacemanEephus' comment:

That's an interesting idea, although Stephen Drew has never played an inning at third base in the regular season during his professional career:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/d/drewst01.shtml

oh, well, there goes my brilliant notion.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Iggy actually does have some experience at 3B if I remember correctly (could be wrong)  Either way I like the idea of both of them playing on the left side.  However....if these rumors of him being a baby at AAA are true.....then a reward of a promotion to the Majors is not the right thing.  It's been rumored that he was not playing hard and not hussling.....this team is built on hard playing ballplayers.....the last thing we need is a kid who is 'weak' playing for us.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Iggy actually does have some experience at 3B if I remember correctly (could be wrong)  Either way I like the idea of both of them playing on the left side.  However....if these rumors of him being a baby at AAA are true.....then a reward of a promotion to the Majors is not the right thing.  It's been rumored that he was not playing hard and not hussling.....this team is built on hard playing ballplayers.....the last thing we need is a kid who is 'weak' playing for us.

Jose Iglesias has not played an inning at third base in a regular-season professional game:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/i/iglesjo01.shtml

I'm not clear whether Iglesias has displayed an attitude problem at Pawtucket, but I would not be opposed to bringing Iglesias up if the promotion helps his confidence.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

In response to hill55's comment:

In response to Kingface12's comment:

Jose Iglesias has not played an inning at third base in a regular-season professional game:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/i/iglesjo01.shtml

I'm not clear whether Iglesias has displayed an attitude problem at Pawtucket, but I would not be opposed to bringing Iglesias up if the promotion helps his confidence.

While I understand where you're coming from...I HATE all of this garbage now with these players having such delicate feelings.  I will preface this by saying THAT NONE OF THIS MAY BE TRUE...but is the right thing to do to a kid that has not hussled or has been pouting because of his demotion and has underperformed in AAA and going up to him and saying "Hey, kid....as an organization we figured it was good to bench you....CONGRATS!!!  YOU'RE GOING BACK TO BOSTON!!"  Sorry.....I really think that if these rumors are true then he should prove he can handle it.  Heck...by all accounts Aceves has been a true professional in AAA!!  Again.....this is PROFESSIONAL SPORTS...these people get paid a TON.....they are the best of the best....I would like to think the BEST OF THE BEST can have more of a stiff upper lip.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Bradon Snyder down at the AAA who has been playing mostly at the 1B has some experience at 3B but not that successful one though.  His bat seems to be helpful.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Surprised no one mentioned Boegarts? He has been on a tear after a slow start at Portland. He played 3B in the WBC so has some expierience there. The O's had good luck moving Manny Machado to 3B after playing SS throughout the minors and was called up from AA. If just for a couple of weeks - why not?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Farrell is on WEEI.

Maybe he can shed some light on the 3rd base situation.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Under no circumstances should Iglesias be brought up to play 3B. Two reasons: first, he is a black hole at the plate and still cannot hit the baseball. We simply cannot afford that. Second: if its true that he is pouting, that is not behavior that should be rewarded. I would bring up Snyder, though Boegarts would be fine too.

Sections
Shortcuts