1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Re: Two Broken Ribs for Middlebrooks

I found NOTHING about Middlebrooks' injury as of yet.

But in the event he does get hurt someday, the only other infielder on the 40 man roster is Brock Holt, who currently has a .459 OPS in Pawtucket...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Gordon Edes @GordonEdes 6m

Farrell says CT scan on Middlebrooks' ribs showed no fracture. He's day to day, manager says on WEEI

Your sources are no good...better find new ones. no virtual pat on the back for you today.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Every report says otherwise

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Gordon Edes @GordonEdes 6m

Farrell says CT scan on Middlebrooks' ribs showed no fracture. He's day to day, manager says on WEEI

Your sources are no good...better find new ones. no virtual pat on the back for you today.

Its conceivable that the CT scan did not show any fractures, but other imaging studies like MRI or bone scan did. Farrell might be telling the truth. Furthermore, tiny rib fractures that show up only on MRI are not a likely injury to get worse, though they hurt like hell, so a player could play through it without risking further problems.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to thepeskypole6's comment:

My source is real good...trust me

Do you think Middlebrooks would swing in a cage and argue to get into the lineup tonight, if he had two broken ribs?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

Do you think Middlebrooks would swing in a cage and argue to get into the lineup tonight, if he had two broken ribs?

He is not in the lineup tonight, first. And second, yes, he could be swinging in the cage to see how his ribs (which could be broken and diagnosed by other means that his CT) can handle swinging the bat. Your reasoning is faulty.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

when someone basically says dont worry, trust me...I Immediately know not to trust them

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

when someone basically says dont worry, trust me...I Immediately know not to trust them

Given that he failed to produce a link and Farrell contradicted him, I am not believing that anything is broken until the official announcement. I still think a 15 day DL stint to "heal those sore ribs" might not be such a bad idea.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

So much for PeskyPole's sources:

Middlebrooks is day-to-day Permalink|Comments (0) Posted by Peter Abraham, Globe Staff May 8, 2013 02:47 PM

By Peter Abraham, Globe Staff

In his weekly interview with WEEI this afternoon, Red Sox manager John Farrell said third baseman Will Middlebrooks does not have any rib fractures and is day to day.

Middlebrooks is not in the lineup this evening.

Catcher David Ross, who bruised his quad, also is day-to-day. Middlebrooks and Ross collided chasing a foul ball Tuesday night.

No roster moves are imminent, Farrell said.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

He is not in the lineup tonight, first. And second, yes, he could be swinging in the cage to see how his ribs (which could be broken and diagnosed by other means that his CT) can handle swinging the bat. Your reasoning is faulty.

Then, Farrell is lying.

He said Middlebrooks can feel it and he's being held out of the lineup as a precaution, even though Middlebrooks wants to play.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

You are completely wrong and incorrect. Farrell was just on his weekly WEEI show and stated that there were no broken ribs, etc. for Middlebrooks and that he is day to day.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

Your source is about as good as the pole in your name.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Then, Farrell is lying.

He said Middlebrooks can feel it and he's being held out of the lineup as a precaution, even though Middlebrooks wants to play.

Show me where I said Farrell is lying. I presented a scenario where it is possible that there were tiny rib fractures and he could still be in the cage swinging a bat. Tiny rib fractures are not put in a cast and limit a player's ability to play only by how painful they are. Even if they were present he might still be able to play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

Significant credibility hit here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

Then, Farrell is lying.

Show me where I said Farrell is lying. I presented a scenario where it is possible that there were tiny rib fractures and he could still be in the cage swinging a bat. Tiny rib fractures are not put in a cast and limit a player's ability to play only by how painful they are. Even if they were present he might still be able to play.

Oh brother...

Yes, let's get into the myriad scenario's, where Middlebrooks ribs have either microfractures or are hanging out of his body...

Do you honestly think they'd let him swing, less than 24 hours after a fracture of any kind?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Given that he failed to produce a link and Farrell contradicted him, I am not believing that anything is broken until the official announcement. I still think a 15 day DL stint to "heal those sore ribs" might not be such a bad idea.

While I might normally agree with that, I absolutely dont want to see Ciriaco at 3b that long. Im also not too sure about the other so called, "options".

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Then, Farrell is lying.

Oh brother...

Yes, let's get into the myriad scenario's, where Middlebrooks ribs have either microfractures or are hanging out of his body...

Do you honestly think they'd let him swing, less than 24 hours after a fracture of any kind?

Are you a trainer or a doctor?

Sections
Shortcuts