1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Re: Two Broken Ribs for Middlebrooks

In response to seannybboi's comment:

If WMB is ecpected to miss significant time, Can Drew be tested at 3B?  He has been showing good defense so far and has good throwing arm.  Iglesias can be brought up to play everyday SS.  I know Drew doesn't have 3B experience but I would rather see Drew and Iggy in the left infield than Ciriaco playing everyday.  Ciriaco is at his best as UTIL guy IMO.  

Why Make Drew Move? In the last Couple days he's earned the SS spot in my eyes. If anything we can give Iggy a go at third. If you dont think Iggy can play 3B adequately then i have something for you. 

http://www.soxprospects.com/players/iglesias-jose.htm

Look to the right at the scouting report about 5-6 lines down.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to thepeskypole6's comment:

My source is real good...trust me

Doesn't seem like it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Even if they're not broken, Middlebrooks was struggling when 100% healthy.  Brandon Snyder has moved to 3B and currently has better numbers than Middlebrooks had when he earned his promotion.  He'd be the first choice for a replacement.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

First scinario is Its possible. but to me it looks like hes getting better swings on the ball and has got decent wood on the ball. I figure with broken ribs, If they are diagnosed as a full break which ive had, it would be almost impossible to hack at a ball like hes doing without some good pain meds or numbing of some sort.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

First scinario is Its possible. but to me it looks like hes getting better swings on the ball and has got decent wood on the ball. I figure with broken ribs, If they are diagnosed as a full break which ive had, it would be almost impossible to hack at a ball like hes doing without some good pain meds or numbing of some sort.

Not to mention, they'd take all season to heal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

the other scinario is just trying to promote his blog

Logic says that after the Ellsbury deal, I hardly doubt they would risk WMB getting further injured. If you truly have broken ribs, they can puncture the lungs and cause all sorts of other issues. You have trouble taking a deep breath, nevermind running, throwing , and swinging a bat.

They would DL this kid in a heartbeat and put Ciriaco, Snyder or even let Iggy play there before they risk this kids health and future. Now, if he has like a hairline fracture, thats a slightly different story. But when the OP say broken its hard to believe him, especially having had broken ribs myself, that they are indeed truly broken.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

the other scinario is just trying to promote his blog

Nah, that can't be it!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

http://www.mtrmedia.com/2013/05/119270/

Trust me. He is playing with two broken ribs

Sorry. Trust went out the window when Farrell directly stated that there are no broken ribs. Had he equivocated I might be tempted to believe you and your unreliable source, but given the choice, I believe it is Farrell who is not lying.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I think it might be possible to play with broken ribs if the breaks were very very minor-hairline breaks only. Separated ribs are where the cartilage connecting the ribs to the sternum becomes torn and the ribs are just hanging out there. I am not an orthopedist, but I believe if a rib is separated it could puncture the lung or nearby blood vessels if another injury occurred, and this could be life threatening. Therefore, I doubt they would allow him to play if there was a separation. We have a choice: believe PeskyPole or Farrell's direct statements. Sorry Pesky, you are the first loser with that one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

How about some more details to the break, like the severity of them. Hairline fracure, broken in half? That would make a big difference.

You can play if its a minor type of "break". Not a full break though.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

I will look forward to your apologies when the truth does come out. Remember where you heard it

Don't hold your breath.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

I don't think he has broken ribs, YET the medical staff the Sox have/had is always suspect.

Look at the Ellsbury fiasco.  Remember, the initial Hanrahan report indicated some muscle strain.  It was Hanrahan who requested the 2nd opinion, it was Ellsbury who requested another look see.

The medical staff is getting paid.  Their mindset is to get the player fixed as soon as possible and back on the field.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

I will look forward to your apologies when the truth does come out. Remember where you heard it

Don't hold your breath.

I second that.

How about being more thorough and describe the break.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to TV-Guy's comment:

http://www.thepeskypole.net/

That was my scinario #2, pike

I just reread the OP and theres NO WAY hes playing with them seperated. If they were dumb enough to allow that, he will be shut down very soon.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to ampoule's comment:

I don't think he has broken ribs, YET the medical staff the Sox have/had is always suspect.

Look at the Ellsbury fiasco.  Remember, the initial Hanrahan report indicated some muscle strain.  It was Hanrahan who requested the 2nd opinion, it was Ellsbury who requested another look see.

The medical staff is getting paid.  Their mindset is to get the player fixed as soon as possible and back on the field.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

I am not discounting the possibility that at some point in the future the Red Sox will have a change of heart. They have made that difficult for themselves because Farrell stated that there are no broken ribs, period. So given the choice of believing that very unequivocal statement or someone I have never heard of who posts here, I believe Farrell. I agree with you about our medical staff: they leave a lot to be desired.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

Stay tuned

No thanks

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

http://www.thepeskypole.net/

That was my scinario #2, pike

I just reread the OP and theres NO WAY hes playing with them seperated. If they were dumb enough to allow that, he will be shut down very soon.

I was just giving Michael Dobreski / ThePeskyPole website more traffic.

why?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

That's fine. Say and write what you will. My source is as solid as it gets. When the truth comes out many of you will back pedal and hide. That is after all what ths board is all about. Nobody is ever wrong. They make their opinionated comments and when proven wrong later they do the moonwalk. Look forward to seeing many of you doing your best Michael Jackson impression. Especially BoSoxJoe5 and Southpaw, don't we wish we could all be as smart? 

All I am saying is that based on the information I have-and there are two choices:believe you, or believe Farrell's unequivocal statements-I am going to believe Farrell. Your source might be right, but there is a credibility gap for him or her right now.