1. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Re: Two Broken Ribs for Middlebrooks

In response to thepeskypole6's comment:

That's fine. Say and write what you will. My source is as solid as it gets. When the truth comes out many of you will back pedal and hide. That is after all what ths board is all about. Nobody is ever wrong. They make their opinionated comments and when proven wrong later they do the moonwalk. Look forward to seeing many of you doing your best Michael Jackson impression. Especially BoSoxJoe5 and Southpaw, don't we wish we could all be as smart? 

If you right, fine. I dont need to hide or back pedal so save it. I could care less either way. Im  giving my opinion that someone with broken and seperated ribs will not be playing. You gave no details as to the break.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

That's fine. Say and write what you will. My source is as solid as it gets. When the truth comes out many of you will back pedal and hide. That is after all what ths board is all about. Nobody is ever wrong. They make their opinionated comments and when proven wrong later they do the moonwalk. Look forward to seeing many of you doing your best Michael Jackson impression. Especially BoSoxJoe5 and Southpaw, don't we wish we could all be as smart? 

If you right, fine. I dont need to hide or back pedal so save it. I could care less either way. Im  giving my opinion that someone with broken and seperated ribs will not be playing. You gave no details as to the break.

I think PP6 is being unfair. Why should we believe him because he has a source? Why would we believe after Middlebrooks played a game? He is not attacking us because we dared to question him.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

I think PP6 is being unfair. Why should we believe him because he has a source? Why would we believe after Middlebrooks played a game? He is not attacking us because we dared to question him.

If this guy is going to be a blogger and claim something like that, hes going to have to have thicker skin than that because there will be many folks who question him. especially a pretty much unknown writer who claims he has a "source". The good writers just write it and dont attack everyone that doubts him...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

who would play a 200 hitter w/bad ribs in may ?

maybe in oct, but not now

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

If this guy is going to be a blogger and claim something like that, hes going to have to have thicker skin than that because there will be many folks who question him. especially a pretty much unknown writer who claims he has a "source". The good writers just write it and dont attack everyone that doubts him...

The worst part is that he keeps adding post like stay tuned you will see how right I am. He is really creating something dangerous for himself here. Bold infactual claims and a thin skin aren't traits that tend to lead to a successful blog.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Doesn't sound real smart, does it. I think PeskyPole believes his source is so reliable that he has accepted it as gospel. He is posting what he believes is true, but logic and what the Sox manager have told us contradicts that. Until the Sox tell us otherwise, the ribs are intact.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

Excellent point zac +1

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

The worst part is that he keeps adding post like stay tuned you will see how right I am. He is really creating something dangerous for himself here. Bold infactual claims and a thin skin aren't traits that tend to lead to a successful blog.

If he approached it differently and was right, I would have bookmarked all his stuff, told people about his blog and all that. Now, even if hes right, I could care less.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

For the record, as I said in the piece I disagree with what the Red sox are doing and how they are handling it. If my source is lying than that will be another story just as interesting

Listen, There are going to be many people who doubt a story like this for understandable reasons. Attacking them because they dont believe you isnt the way to go about it. Just let it be and most of us, who could care less if were wrong, will look at you as a good source of information.

I didnt appreciate being named personally and attacked like that for simply doubting the story. You dont know me, and I dont know you as a reliable source of info yet. Thats NOT the way to get followers though.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Southpaw,

It appears as you have the thin skinned. I came on here to talk about what I heard and you had to make comments. Pumpsie was fair with his comments. He is saying it is possible but chooses to believe Farrell over me. Perfectly understandable. You keep saying you don't care about it but you sure sre posting a lot. 

What I dont care about is being wrong. I also brought up many valid reason why I didnt believe it. Im not the one writing stories and attacking people because they dont believe me. sorry, but there are going to be worse than me out there. Are you gonna attack them too? You think CHB, Mazz, Felger, etc do that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

next time Ill make sure to word my disbelief so not to hurt your feelingsCry

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

You are the one that has your feelings hurt. You posted several times about how you felt attacked. Of course you don't care about any of this...I forgot lol

you did attack me and another poster. It didnt hurt my feelings, but sure mad me realize how much of a sensitive azz you are...get over yourself...

lol? what are you a teenager?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Are you crying because I attacked you? You need thicker skin buddy. Good thing you don't care.

sorry junior, I dont have time to waste on your sorry azz anymore...not worth my time.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

In response to ampoule's comment:

I don't think he has broken ribs, YET the medical staff the Sox have/had is always suspect.

Look at the Ellsbury fiasco.  Remember, the initial Hanrahan report indicated some muscle strain.  It was Hanrahan who requested the 2nd opinion, it was Ellsbury who requested another look see.

The medical staff is getting paid.  Their mindset is to get the player fixed as soon as possible and back on the field.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is naive.

I am not discounting the possibility that at some point in the future the Red Sox will have a change of heart. They have made that difficult for themselves because Farrell stated that there are no broken ribs, period. So given the choice of believing that very unequivocal statement or someone I have never heard of who posts here, I believe Farrell. I agree with you about our medical staff: they leave a lot to be desired.

It was not my intent to discredit Farrell.  He is, by all accounts, honest and forthright with his interviews.  He is being told by the teams medical sources what their opinion/diagnosis is and is relating that information to the public.  After all, he is a company man.

My concern comes with the reliability of the medical opinions.  Being the professional that you are, I'm sure you've seen, like I have, incidents in a hospital setting which would scare people.  Like we'd say "if people only knew".

It just seems to me that a lot of the medical issues the team has addressed now and in the past seem, at best, very cloudy.  Otherwise, why would players be looking for second opinions so often....from trainers to doctors.  The doctor(was it Dr. Gill?) who performed that temporary tendon sheath repair or whatever on Schillings ankle and saved the world seies for us was fired soon after.  I wonder why?

Under the circumstances, if I were a player, I'd certainly be getting second opinions also. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LynnRiceEvans75. Show LynnRiceEvans75's posts

bump

Sections
Shortcuts