TWO CHANGES - Theo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

TWO CHANGES - Theo

#1 Offer any combination of guys like Dice, Lowrie, Scutaro, Reddick etc. to the Cards for Y. Molina.

#2 Place Aceves in our rotation.

We need a catcher and won't lose anything if we trade Dice K.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from theyaz. Show theyaz's posts

Re: TWO CHANGES - Theo

actually, DICE-K is better than SLACKEY. how sad is that?
    the only way to get rid of SLACKEY is to make it look like an accident.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

You really think Dice, as a whole, is better than Lackey?? Now I dont think Lackey is any more than advertised..he'll get you 14-16 wins with 10-12 losses and a 4 era..Thats ok, but at least better than Dice.. Neither one are great...both are 4/5 in the rotation. The One thing I can say for Lackey is that most of the time, besides a few stinkers, he will keep you in a game and eat some innings.. With Dice, its all or none...and mostly none, besides his 2 starts where he pitched gems..thats just not consistent enough...At least Lackey is more consistent in quality starts as he led the team last year...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marstan. Show marstan's posts

IT WOULD TAKE AT LEAST DICE AND LOWRIE FOR MOLINA, AND
    THAT WOULD BE FOR STARTERS. WHAT IS THE AGE ON MOLINA
    AND WHAT DOES HIS CONTRACT LOOK LIKE. WHAT IS MORE,
    WHAT DO YOU DO WITH SALTALAMACCHIA ??? WE JUST
    SIGNED HIM...A MONUMENTAL ERROR ON THEO'S PART.
    I MEAN....DIDN'T WE SCOUT HIM SUFFICIENTLY AND SEE
    THAT HE COULDN'T HIT A LICK....I WOULD FIRE THAT SCOUT,
    FOR SURE. I DIDN'T THINK HE WAS ALL THAT GREAT WHEN
    HE PLATOONED WITH TEAGARDEN IN TEXAS, SO WHAT,
    ALL OF A SUDDEN , MADE THIS GUY INTO THE NEXT
    JOHNNY BENCH ??? SOMETHING IS ROTTEN IN DENMARK.
    THE SMELL COMES FROM THE SCOUTING DEPT. AND BY
    THE WAY, WHY DID WE SIGN CAMERON...ANOTHER GREAT
    HITCHCOCK MYSTERY, AND I DON'T MEAN STERLING HITCHCOCK.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hill55. Show hill55's posts

In Response to TWO CHANGES - Theo:
    #1 Offer any combination of guys like Dice, Lowrie, Scutaro, Reddick etc. to the Cards for Y. Molina.   #2 Place Aceves in our rotation. We need a catcher and won't lose anything if we trade Dice K.
    Posted by FarmFan

I can't see the first-place St. Louis Cardinals trading their two-time All Star, three-time Gold Glove-winning catcher for Boston's spare parts. If the Red Sox won't lose anything by trading Daisuke Matsuzaka, the Cardinals won't gain anything.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FarmFan. Show FarmFan's posts

In Response to Re: TWO CHANGES - Theo:
    In Response to TWO CHANGES - Theo : I can't see the first-place St. Louis Cardinals trading their two-time All Star, three-time Gold Glove-winning catcher for Boston's spare parts. If the Red Sox won't lose anything by trading Daisuke Matsuzaka, the Cardinals won't gain anything.
    Posted by hill55

You could be right but Molina is the kind of catcher that will make this team better.  Not Tek or Salty

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

In Response to Re: TWO CHANGES - Theo : You could be right but Molina is the kind of catcher that will make this team better.  Not Tek or Salty
    Posted by FarmFan

So would albert Pujols, Felix Hernandez, Evan Longoria, Micky Mantle, Willie Mays, Walter Johnson...
    None of those are coming to the Red sox.

But please, start four or five more "Tek and Salty are bad" threads. I'm sure not every single menber of this board has seen one yet.

Idiot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

If either of the 2 catchers get hurt, well, that will be a big, big, problem. But,other than getting a 3rd catcher, they don't need to do much of anything as far as trades are concerned.
    The fact is, the Sox are playing Very Bad, fundamental baseball. Nobody can bunt, nobody can hold runners on base, and nobody seems interested in moving players along.
    This all comes down to everybody (especially coaches) using their month
     in Ft. Myers to playing golf and eating stone crabs. I think they've taken their talents (which are immense) for granted, and there's no need to "think" baseball.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from theyaz. Show theyaz's posts

hey niz;

your avatar is bad enough, but let's stop with the name-calling, REDNECK.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from niz-58. Show niz-58's posts

hey niz; your avatar is bad enough, but let's stop with the name-calling, REDNECK.
    Posted by theyaz

Banned again, Skippy?

What a surprise.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

Lackey SUX even if he goes 5-0 the next month he still in the end will blow. Dice I will defend all the way, and I hope he can prove me correct.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r2. Show Hammah29r2's posts

I think I read that benji molina's younger brother said benji at 36 still wants to play even though he's retired. Hello Theo, make a phone call asap!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

HahahahahahahahahaaAHAHAHAA.  Seriously, the Cards are going to pass on resigning Pujols before they part with Yadier.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Lackey SUX even if he goes 5-0 the next month he still in the end will blow. Dice I will defend all the way, and I hope he can prove me correct.
    Posted by BurritoT

And I really hope Dice proves me wrong...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from law2009a. Show law2009a's posts

m

Sections
Shortcuts