Two legit MVP and Cy Young candidates!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

Two legit MVP and Cy Young candidates!

Been a long time since one team has 2 legit candidates for both spots, but Ortiz and Pedroia, plus Buchholz and Lester may be just that. Hard to choose, but it's nice to have the choice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

Re: Two legit MVP and Cy Young candidates!

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

Been a long time since one team has 2 legit candidates for both spots, but Ortiz and Pedroia, plus Buchholz and Lester may be just that. Hard to choose, but it's nice to have the choice.

Possible......  As DAD would say............   "SON, A LITTLE EARLY FOR THAT KIND OF TALK" !!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from georom4. Show georom4's posts

i was just thinking all star teams...its been thin lately for the sox....these four for sure this year if it holds

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to bosoxmal's comment:

Possible......  As DAD would say............   "SON, A LITTLE EARLY FOR THAT KIND OF TALK" !!!!

My dad died 60 years ago, but he would have said "GO PETEY!"

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to stapleton's comment:

When he's not pouting or clubhouse lawyerin', Dustin 'A Leader When Things are Goin' Good' Pedroia is fun to watch.

When has anyone accused Pedroia of being a club house lawyer?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from emp9. Show emp9's posts

When he's not pouting or clubhouse lawyerin', Dustin 'A Leader When Things are Goin' Good' Pedroia is fun to watch.

Pouting? Care to enlighten us? I'm having trouble remembering one single instance of him pouting about anything. 

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

In response to softlaw2's comment:

MVP candidates aren't part-time players. Ortiz is a 110 to 120 max player, as the DH. Too early to talk about who will end up in the top 3 of year long player awards.

Ortiz would have to have a montrous offensive year to win MVP. I just don't see it. Being a part time player (DH) hurts his chances for this award. Pedey on the other hand is definitely one of the front runners so far. He is the consumate "dirt dog".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxmal. Show bosoxmal's posts

In response to PaulLaCourse's comment:

MVP candidates aren't part-time players. Ortiz is a 110 to 120 max player, as the DH. Too early to talk about who will end up in the top 3 of year long player awards.

Ortiz would have to have a montrous offensive year to win MVP. I just don't see it. Being a part time player (DH) hurts his chances for this award. Pedey on the other hand is definitely one of the front runners so far. He is the consumate "dirt dog".

In addition to Big Papi's numbers I have to consider what he does for Pedroia's numbers. Petey is getting far more good balls to hit since Oriz came back. There's also the question of $. Big Papi probably brings in more fans all around baseball than anyone else. By far! I guess that would also define "valuable"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

short memories

What are you talking about Shoppach and Gonzalez fit the bill but not Pedroia. You think it is cute to be foolish?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

He is on pace for 130-something games, after missing the first 19 games. he gets an extra day off every other week. You stop inventing things.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pinstripezac35. Show pinstripezac35's posts

In response to SandfordsSon's comment:

I'm looking to buy a retirement home near Ft. Walton Beach in Florida. Does anyone have any tips?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to pinstripezac35's comment:

In response to SandfordsSon's comment:

I'm looking to buy a retirement home near Ft. Walton Beach in Florida. Does anyone have any tips?

Don't forget the Pickettes and your sunscreen

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SpacemanEephus. Show SpacemanEephus's posts

A reference to the infamous "Thats not the way we do things around here" quote about Psycho Valentine's public dissing of Youk.  No doubt that was a knee-jerk soundbite guffaw.  But, far from clubhouse lawyering, whatever that is.  That was an irrational response to an even more irrational, cowardly, destructive guffaw on Bobby V's part.  

And i would beg to differ that he is not a leader when the chips are down.  His example has always been Play Hard, No Matter What.  That is the Sox standard he has set.  Don't know what would make you think otherwise.  If he gets a bit irritable when the chips are down, that is not pouting that is being a frustrated competitor.  Pouting implies, I think, an attitude problem with accompanying effort proble, (I'm taking my ball and going home).  Pedey has never lacked effort.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I am not so sure I buy into the idea of Pedroia or Ortiz as league MVP...but I am completely buying into Lester and Buch as Cy Young contenders. It's not realistic to think their winning streaks will continue..but I am very optimistic at the strong start both of our star pitchers have had. They definitely are providing some much needed stability in the starting rotation...especially considering the fragile overall state of the Sox pitching.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts