Two non-tenders the Sox could consider

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Two non-tenders the Sox could consider

Justin Turner

Sam Fuld

Not game-changers but useful role players. ..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

Re: Two non-tenders the Sox could consider

In response to notin's comment:

Justin Turner

Sam Fuld

Hey Notin,

I would sign Tommy Hanson to a minor league deal if possible.  A few injuries and loss of velocity might go (hand in hand) because he really hasn't pitched many innings in his career.  He had three years when first coming up from 09/11 with a .117 WHIP which is worth taking a chance on at his age.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Justin Turner

Sam Fuld

I mentioned Fuld as a solid OF utility and pinch runner. Local boy too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Justin Turner

Sam Fuld

Yup, his parents still live in Durham NH.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Justin Turner

Sam Fuld

Hey Notin,

I would sign Tommy Hanson to a minor league deal if possible.  A few injuries and loss of velocity might go (hand in hand) because he really hasn't pitched many innings in his career.  He had three years when first coming up from 09/11 with a .117 WHIP which is worth taking a chance on at his age.

There is no such thing as a bad minor league contract.

But Hanson is one of those guys who gets more attention than he deserves because of his age and former prospect status.  In the past two years, he has been injured and flat out ineffectivr.  His control and velocity are rapidly disappearing.  

Jerome Willisms is the much more intriguing Angels non-tender...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from craze4sox. Show craze4sox's posts

In response to craze4sox's comment:

Justin Turner

Sam Fuld

Hey Notin,

There is no such thing as a bad minor league contract.

But Hanson is one of those guys who gets more attention than he deserves because of his age and former prospect status.  In the past two years, he has been injured and flat out ineffectivr.  His control and velocity are rapidly disappearing.  

Jerome Willisms is the much more intriguing Angels non-tender...

You could be right I just find the Hanson decline a bit abnormal.  Hyped up prospects don't tend to have more than one good year or two before determining their efficiency long term.  Tommy had three very solid years so at age 27 and few innings on his arm I think he still has a chance.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

They already have their two utility guys as they signed McCoy and acquired Castellanos. McCoy plays every infield position and and both corner OF positions, Castellanos plays all three OF positions and 2B,3B. So getting another utility guy is redundant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

They already have their two utility guys as they signed McCoy and acquired Castellanos. McCoy plays every infield position and and both corner OF positions, Castellanos plays all three OF positions and 2B,3B. So getting another utility guy is redundant.

Unless they are better than the two you mentioned, or if they will agree to a minor league deal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

In response to ThefourBs' comment:

In response to southpaw777's comment:

Justin Turner

Sam Fuld

Yup, his parents still live in Durham NH.

Right down the road from where Im at. Different town, but about 10mis away.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to sportsbozo1's comment:

McCoy is not on the 40 man roster so unless thst changes, he won't be on the 25 man roster.

Turner is a huge upgrade over McCoy, although that isn't saying much.

Fuld would be sn upgrade over Castellanos short term.  Fuld's appeal is as insurance against Bradley struggling.  In this regard, Castellanos makes little sense as he is more likely to struggle than Bradley.   Howevet a dedicated backup CF would create a roster crunch and force another move

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I agree that there is not a bad minor league signing.  The cost is whatever their meals and housing is down at Fort Myers.

Would like to see if the Sox would approach Kalish they just non-tendered and about six or seven pitchers hoping that Kalish can be healthy and shake off the rust and maybe one of those pitchers would turn out to be a useful player in 2014.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BMav. Show BMav's posts

Fuld and Turner would be better options if they hit from the other side. We might need a righty OF and a lefty IF. But they aren't. Otherwise would like them potentially for us.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garyhow. Show garyhow's posts

Few interesting names that were untendered.

Need a RH reliever- John Axford / Mitchell Boggs [2.21 era in 78 app's in 12 for Cards]

Need a backup Infielder- Paul Janish / Omar Quintanilla

or maybe some depth for rotation- Jerome Wiliams / Tommy Hanson / Daniel Hudson

While I'm sure most of these guys would like to sign a MLB contract, if you could get any of the above to a minor league deal it would be a good sign. Daniel Hudson coming off his 2nd TJ surgery and said to be feeling good and healthy could be a guy if you could get to a minor league deal and might have a lot of upside. Never have enough pitching! RS already have 38 on 40 man so not alot of room there, w/ Naps or Drew or possibly Ells or others needed to complete 14 RS.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to BMav's comment:

Fuld and Turner would be better options if they hit from the other side. We might need a righty OF and a lefty IF. But they aren't. Otherwise would like them potentially for us.

Well I.was hoping Tampa would leave Vince Belnome exposed for the Rule 5 Draft...

Sections
Shortcuts