Two out of three ...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

Two ouit of three ...

... and I'm unfulfilled.

SF is a team we should have run the table on. Scoring almost 20 runs in two of three games, but losing a third because we could only manage two in that one is very disappointing. Looking at the series we've dropped in August gives me pause.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Two ouit of three ...

In response to lasitter's comment:

... and I'm unfulfilled.

SF is a team we should have run the table on. Scoring almost 20 runs in two of three games, but losing a third because we could only manage two in that one is very disappointing. Looking at the series we've dropped in August gives me pause.

You are just being greedy. The Red Sox had a much needed series only giving up 3 runs. The pitching was amazing. The line up on Tuesday was not going to score a bunch of runs. Let's take 2 of 3 against the Dodger and improve to 22 over 500 and be done with the toughest part of the schdule.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joebreidey. Show Joebreidey's posts

Such is life.  Sweeping on the road is harder than it looks.  I kind of get a similar feeling, that we should be better than we show, but we had a lot of 'lucky' wins earlier, and this might just be some evening out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

ain't bad.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dgalehouse. Show dgalehouse's posts

At least today they did what they need to do. Beat up on the lesser teams. Speaking of lesser teams; hard to believe the Giants are the World Champs. What happened ? 

Stabbed by Foulke.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Oui, oui, two ouit of three.... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to dgalehouse's comment:

At least today they did what they need to do. Beat up on the lesser teams. Speaking of lesser teams; hard to believe the Giants are the World Champs. What happened ? 

Stabbed by Foulke.

their 2012 team was built on pitching. their offense wasn't spectacular by any means. Good enough to get them to the PS but once there their ToR took over and put foot to ash.

in 2013, their pitching took a nose dive and so did their record.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lasitter. Show lasitter's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

You are just being greedy.

I confess. Getting blanked by Houston was humiliating. Dropping three of four to KC and two of three to Toronto was majorly dissappointing. And the bone head move by Dempster that motivated NYY to take the series was almost more than I could take.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from J-BAY. Show J-BAY's posts

In response to albertct23's comment:

I confess. Getting blanked by Houston was humiliating. Dropping three of four to KC and two of three to Toronto was majorly dissappointing. And the bone head move by Dempster that motivated NYY to take the series was almost more than I could take.

Have a good night Lassiter. Maybe you should start following the sport of Curling or Luge. The Winter Olympics are coming up in a few months. The US Open in tennis is just weeks away. Stop putting all of your eggs in one basket. Take two aspirins and call me in the morning. You could also change your favorite baseball team. It is the Red Sox, right?

Pike,  can only hold out, for so long

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Have a good night Lassiter. Maybe you should start following the sport of Curling or Luge. The Winter Olympics are coming up in a few months. The US Open in tennis is just weeks away. Stop putting all of your eggs in one basket. Take two aspirins and call me in the morning. You could also change your favorite baseball team. It is the Red Sox, right?

Goodnight Pike.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Why is the gamethread deserted when the Sox are winning big? A simple question. Why do the regulars ignore the gamethread at such times? Is the draw about conflict?

Maybe two games after bed time and one during work limits people's willingness to go on the gamethread?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from royf19. Show royf19's posts

What is ... Bat Out of Hell

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

... and I'm unfulfilled.

They did what they need to do, win the series.

It'd be great if the Sox swept and went on a 6 game win streak, but what they need to do is keep winning series.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

As DAD would say ...............   "SON, ya can't win them all, but ya better darn well win the ones ya should " !!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

It's natural to feel unsatisfied since we all feel game two was winable. But coming into this series, I would have gladly taken two out of three, especially after the quick turnaround after Sunday night's drama.

Now onto Los Angeles, where  honestly I'll be content with one out of three. We're obviously catching a break by missing Kershaw and Greinke (though Ryu is  pretty damn good).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

In response to LloydDobler's comment:

It's natural to feel unsatisfied since we all feel game two was winable. But coming into this series, I would have gladly taken two out of three, especially after the quick turnaround after Sunday night's drama.

Now onto Los Angeles, where  honestly I'll be content with one out of three. We're obviously catching a break by missing Kershaw and Greinke (though Ryu is  pretty damn good).

I agree Lloyd....taking 1 out of 3 in LA, gives you .500 on a West Coast Road trip....which should alwasy be considered a success.....I may get greedy however, if LAckey gives us a win in Game 1.....Lester/RYU might be tough for us in Game 2, the way we have hit vs Lefties(and I am sure Ortiz will sit this one out), but Capuano is definitely beatable in Game 3....he has almost a 5.00 ERA in Interleague play.....though we have never faced him. Obviously this Dodger team is different than the ones Peavy has history against but in 12 games at Dodger Stadium he has a 2.80 ERA so at least he seems to like the Ballpark. 

Sections
Shortcuts