Two Team Race

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

Re: Two Team Race

Come on! as of right now we are still in first place.  I know we've looked bad lately, but all teams slump during the season....so is it really time to hit the panic button???? I'm not saying that the Orioles and the Rays don't scare me right now but it's not a two team race....It's a 3 team race. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Even if we get Peavy or Cliff Lee we need to score 3-4 runs per game. It is so hard for me to believe we lead the league in runs scored. Wonder what our average is vs Tampa & Baltimore ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

Peaks and valleys guys. JEEZ!

it's baseball LAW!

I heard from God today.... and she sounded just like me.

what have i done? and who have i become?

I saw the Devil today..... and he looked a lot like me

I looked away.... I TURNED AWAYYY!

I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ADG. Show ADG's posts

In response to ctredsoxfanhugh's comment:

Come on! as of right now we are still in first place.  I know we've looked bad lately, but all teams slump during the season....so is it really time to hit the panic button???? I'm not saying that the Orioles and the Rays don't scare me right now but it's not a two team race....It's a 3 team race. 

Look at how this team is doing against good pitching. They have been shut out 3 of the last 4 games. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Look at how this team is doing against good pitching. They have been shut out 3 of the last 4 games. 

try 2 of the last 4 games. Game 1 of the Rays series and now tonight. Why lie about it? it was literally the other day. Or maybe you just can't count?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ice-Cream. Show Ice-Cream's posts

The AL East is still a three-team race (Red Sox, Rays and O's). 

The Yankees are still in the hunt for the final wild card berth (3.5 games behind the O's).

Toronto was eliminated back in May.    LOL

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to ADG's comment:

Yes they look bad lately.  But I'm not going to call the sox out of it just yet, that's just ridiculous.

Ill look at how the sox do against good pitching; you can look up how the rest of the league does against good pitching.  

The reason why the Sox struggle against good pitching is because it's good pitching.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ctredsoxfanhugh. Show ctredsoxfanhugh's posts

In response to torgorocks' comment:

Looking at the SOX line-up, looking at their starting pitching, and looking at their BP, LOOKS to me like a 2 team race. Hell, looking at the Rays' starting pitching, there may not be a race at all. 

As far as the SOX are concerned, they overachieved for half a season; overachieving for a full season  is not going to happen. Just ask Iggy.

Yes the Sox have played better than expected and the Rays and Orioles look really good.....but it's a three team race.  Until we are out of it and more than a few games behind with a few weeks left....we are in it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

In response to Ice-Cream's comment:

The AL East is still a three-team race (Red Sox, Rays and O's). 

The Yankees are still in the hunt for the final wild card berth (3.5 games behind the O's).

Toronto was eliminated back in May.    LOL

Ironic, because everyone was telling us they clinched in November...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from notin. Show notin's posts

Looking at the SOX line-up, looking at their starting pitching, and looking at their BP, LOOKS to me like a 2 team race. Hell, looking at the Rays' starting pitching, there may not be a race at all. 

As far as the SOX are concerned, they overachieved for half a season; overachieving for a full season  is not going to happen. Just ask Iggy.

Yes the Sox have played better than expected and the Rays and Orioles look really good.....but it's a three team race.  Until we are out of it and more than a few games behind with a few weeks left....we are in it.

Even if  both the Orioles and Rays  pass the Sox, right now the AL East has the edge for both Wild Card spots...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

The Sox this year have played and achieved beyond anyone's wildest expectations.

They're NOT out of it, but even if they do fall behind, do we not owe them a big, fat THANK YOU for a great season??

C'mon, you guys....pleeeeze.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from pumpsie-green. Show pumpsie-green's posts

In response to notin's comment:

Even if  both the Orioles and Rays  pass the Sox, right now the AL East has the edge for both Wild Card spots...

Until Breakholtz feels like he wants to pitch-or we acquire another ace-even in the unlikely event that we make the playoffs, we will not go far. Its time to hold on to our assets and plan for the future. This season has exceeded expectations, but its not going to end well if the goal is a ring. Lackey is no ace, and he is our best SP. Breakholtz will be out until Sept again. Good pitching and defense wins rings. We don't have it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ampoule. Show ampoule's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

Until Breakholtz feels like he wants to pitch-or we acquire another ace-even in the unlikely event that we make the playoffs, we will not go far. Its time to hold on to our assets and plan for the future. This season has exceeded expectations, but its not going to end well if the goal is a ring. Lackey is no ace, and he is our best SP. Breakholtz will be out until Sept again. Good pitching and defense wins rings. We don't have it.

Pumpsie,

Out of curiosity, who on the team do you consider our number one?  Lester? Dubront? Do you feel we don't have a legitimate number one?

I certainly agree that Lackey is not a number one starter, but, excluding tonight, he has had decent numbers. Wouldn't you agree?

At the beginning of the season, I would have thought Buchholz would be our number one, but now I feel like you do.  His durability, at best, is questionble.  His head, in all certainty, is questionble.  Like I've posted a bit earlier, if Andrews found nothing wrong, then where is the real problem?  All players, pitchers or not, experince pain/soreness the whole season.  Show me a player not with some pain and I'll show you a player sitting on the bench.  Now, miraculously, Buchholz is playing long-toss and talking about when he'll return....incredible!!  How long does it take to get a 2nd opinion? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to pumpsie-green's comment:

"The Sox wont make the playoffs, but if they do, they wont go far".

Got your azz sufficiently covered?

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts