Two Things The Sox Should Do by July 31st

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Re: Two Things The Sox Should Do by July 31st

Max, "due in part" is not the same as "a function of."  But here goes:  because Ellsbury has hit a lot of HRs of late.  These not only boost his own RBI total but clear the bases and prevent Pedroia from getting RBI.

And no, I don't want to fix what ain't broke.  I just think it is a worthwhile debate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If I could have two players by the deadline it would be Felix and Kemp

If I could have two players actually likely/rumored to be moved it would be Ubaldo and Pence

But I guess I would settle for Kuroda or Dempster, as long as we have a healthy Buch back by Sept when the rosters expand, and a righty bat like Francour, Ludwick or Willingham, keep the Reddick experience going.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxdog67. Show Soxdog67's posts

In Response to Re: Two Things The Sox Should Do by July 31st:
    [QUOTE]Max, "due in part" is not the same as "a function of."  But here goes:  because Ellsbury has hit a lot of HRs of late.  These not only boost his own RBI total but clear the bases and prevent Pedroia from getting RBI. And no, I don't want to fix what ain't broke.  I just think it is a worthwhile debate.
    Posted by parhunter1[/QUOTE]

I don't think Pedroia is looked upon to be a RBI guy, his job is to get on base for AGon, Youk and Papi. The fact that Ellsbury and Pedey are getting RBI's just indicates that the bottom of the line-up is getting on for them to get driven in.

Ellsbury is getting his RBI's by going deep a bunch lately, what 8 homers since July 9th??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from parhunter1. Show parhunter1's posts

Another solid starter and a righthanded hitting outfielder, such as Francoeur. The bullpen seems to be okay. Tinkering with the batting order is alright but not a big deal

Forget Francoeur.  Pat Burrel is available at no cost of prospects.  Don't know that he can play RF well, but he has the RH power bat the Sox need, and takes his walks so that his OBP is 100 points higher than his BAve.  I could see signing him, and trading for Bedard or Harden, and Craig Breslow or another solid lefty reliever.  No need to trade for a big name and give up big prospects, IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

In Response to Two Things The Sox Should Do by July 31st:
    [QUOTE]     Though the Sox are currently playing weell, they're pitching has to be a concern. Remember, it isn't about making the play-offs with the Red Sox, or even winning the division. It's about winning, once the Sox make it to the play-offs.      The Sox need to do two things by the trade deadline: 1.) Move Dustin Pedroia permanently to the clean-up spot. Doing so best balances the Sox line-up, with: CF Ellsbury, SS Scuturo, 1B Gonzalez, 2B Pedroia, DH Ortiz, 3B Youk, RF Riddick, C Salty/Tek, LF Crawford.   2.) Trade for a quality starting pitcher. This is a must. The Sox can't depend on John Lackey...and Buchholtz's back makes him a huge question mark.        Any thoughts...or other ideas on how the Sox can best improve themselves going into the stretch drive?
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

i lkike the crawford last idea. if he happens to get on, ells behind him makes sense. i would move reddick up though. he is a beast. bat him second. scutero 7th or 8th depending if the catcher playing is hotter at the time

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]If we move the line up at all it should look like this Ells Youk AGON Pedey Ortiz Reddick Salty Scut Craw like you said craw at 9 puts two speedsters, Youk used to bat 2nd back when we won it in 07, Reddick should obviously be hitting 6th so that would be how i put it
    Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE]

that may possibly be better than my suggestion. though youk or reddick would both be successful i think driving guys in later in the lineup. at this point whoever is predicted to get more hits should be second (of the 2). more extra basehits 6th (unless drastically more total hits per art bat, then they should still be second).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]Trade Ellsbury and extend Kemp. Solves the lack of a righty OF slugger short and long term. Promote Reddick.
    Posted by billbyboy[/QUOTE]

Billyboy,

You don't know when to give up the broken record you've become.
    Makes a lot of sense. Get rid of one of your best hitters. Yikes !!
    More sillyness from Troll Land. Any other good ideas. Maybe you wanna trade Agon for Lugo !!

Hetchinspete.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Two Things The Sox Should Do by July 31st:
    [QUOTE]     Though the Sox are currently playing weell, they're pitching has to be a concern. Remember, it isn't about making the play-offs with the Red Sox, or even winning the division. It's about winning, once the Sox make it to the play-offs.      The Sox need to do two things by the trade deadline: 1.) Move Dustin Pedroia permanently to the clean-up spot. Doing so best balances the Sox line-up, with: CF Ellsbury, SS Scuturo, 1B Gonzalez, 2B Pedroia, DH Ortiz, 3B Youk, RF Riddick, C Salty/Tek, LF Crawford.   2.) Trade for a quality starting pitcher. This is a must. The Sox can't depend on John Lackey...and Buchholtz's back makes him a huge question mark.        Any thoughts...or other ideas on how the Sox can best improve themselves going into the stretch drive?
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]
    Scuturo 2nd, and Crawford 9th yeah no...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

I could see this:
    Ells
    Redd
    Ped
    AGon
    Youk
    Papi
    Craw
    Salt/VTek
    Scut/Nav

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BurritoT. Show BurritoT's posts

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/player/kosuke-fukudome/careerstats/505459

Why in the hell did the Indians even bother with Fukadora? Somehow a player who averages 60 ribbies a year and 13 homers is making $14,500,000.00 dollars per season!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxnewmex. Show soxnewmex's posts

[QUOTE]If we move the line up at all it should look like this Ells Youk AGON Pedey Ortiz Reddick Salty Scut Craw like you said craw at 9 puts two speedsters, Youk used to bat 2nd back when we won it in 07, Reddick should obviously be hitting 6th so that would be how i put it
    Posted by zack5042[/QUOTE]
    I like this line-up, makes sense; sox could use an arm, heard Bedard is on the way, could be good IF he stays healthy for rest of season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I could see this: Ells Redd Ped AGon Youk Papi Craw Salt/VTek Scut/Nav
    Posted by moonslav59[/QUOTE]

i like reddick 2nd or 6th (second preferred if he kkeps hitting for high avg)
    and see good reasons (different ones) to bat crawford both 7th and 9th.

Sections
Shortcuts