Two TRADES you would recommend to Ben...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Two TRADES you would recommend to Ben...

Jacoby for Hanley-play Hanley at third. Sizemore in CF.

Trade Youk, Reddick and Lowrie to the Brewers for Marcum and Hart (RF).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Re: Two TRADES you would recommend to Ben...

Ist trade, never. Jacoby is a better player than Hanley. Hanley is a selfish headcase.
    Second trade....did you see Marcum and his sphincter pucker in one of the worst post season pitching efforts in playoff history?
    I like Hart. Youk is questionable physically, Reddick is a 4th OF and Lowie is on the DL more than he's off it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Using Ellsbury in a trade can only be done for a starting pitcher like Gio Gonzalez or Felix Hernandez as for trading Youk he has a lesser value at this point in time due to his injuries over the last two seasons. Also he's one of 4 players who might be untouchable due to his popularity and skill set. The Rockies have expressed an interest in Youk should the Sox be inclined to trade him,but then you have to ask what they have to offer in return? If I'm Ben I don't trade any of my starting 8 unless I'm getting quality pitching in return. So you are talking about trading pieces for other pieces.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Ghost and SportsBozo thanks for the critique--I'm fine with that what I'm looking for is trades that would generate people we can use at specific positions. 

Ex. we need a RF that swings righthanded--I like Hart as a player as well--Marcum would fit nicely as a #4. We have a surplus of infielders and Youk will fit nicely as a solid bat at first when they lose Prince.

By the way Marcum is listed as the 41 st rated pitcher with Felix as #33 and Lester at #35 (see the link below). I don't think Felix has thrown a postseason pitch in his career yet he is the King. Personally I'm looking for a pitching staff to get us to the dance we can worry about the postseason later.

Good suggestion on Gio for Ells. 

I am thinking, the logic or the lack thereof, with Ells for Hanley: we can get Sizemore for CF, Hanley could play third, SS or CF if need be--big bat--protection for AGon--former Sox guy coming home. Ells takes all his awards to South Beach-becomes a fan favorite as he is here-the Fish might sign him long term.

We might have to include Doubrount or Rinaudo and we might be able to get Nolasco, who is the Marlins career leader in K's even though he's not a big strikeout pitcher. Could be your #5 in the Sox rotation.

Top pitchers both leagues. Gio for 2011 was #19---

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Sizemore is a shell of himself these days.  No way you can just pencil him in as CF and expect him to play a full season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackyldo. Show jackyldo's posts

Would not recommend  either of those trades  to Ben  - Not good for the Sox.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Jacky and Siesta---what would you recommend to Ben for trades or players you would like to see in Sox uniform? That's also what I'm asking for...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seannybboi. Show seannybboi's posts

Youk, Reddick, Doubront, Exposito for Pineda, League and Ichiro

Iggy, Ranaudo, Lowrie, Bowden for Hanley Ramirez

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

With Dice K and Lackey on DL already for the 2012 season along with 5 to 8 players went on DL during the 2011 season.  You re substracting a healthy player from the 2011 season and add an often injure proned player, Sizemore to the roster for the 2012 season.

Come on guys, Ben is not going to keep adding more risky players on the roster and trade away best healthy players.  

If Boston ever want Hanley, then trade away Scutaro plus med prospects such as Lar Anderson, Bowen, etc!!  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

Lars or Reddick , Doubront, Bard to A's for Gio and Breslow
    I would sign Papelbon and Broxton for the back half of the pen.

To round out rotation Sox will have to look into signing Edwin Jackson, Mark Buhrle(sp?), or Yu Darvish.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sully1965. Show Sully1965's posts

In Response to Re: Two TRADES you would recommend to Ben...:
    [QUOTE]With Dice K and Lackey on DL already for the 2012 season along with 5 to 8 players went on DL during the 2011 season.  You re substracting a healthy player from the 2011 season and add an often injure proned player, Sizemore to the roster for the 2012 season. Come on guys, Ben is not going to keep adding more risky players on the roster and trade away best healthy players.   If Boston ever want Hanley, then trade away Scutaro plus med prospects such as Lar Anderson, Bowen, etc!!  
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Dice should be able to help the Sox around the All Star Game he is not lost for entire 2012.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Those trades are Mad indeed my friend.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from moonslav59. Show moonslav59's posts

Florida would want several players with many years of team control for HanRam, not a guy that will walk after 2 years.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THERE WILL NEVER BE ANOTHER  "DESPICABLE-RAMARIZ" ON THE RED SOX.....  AT LEAST, NOT WHILE DAD & BILL-806  ARE CALLING THE SHOTS !!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

I'm glad none of you fools are actually involved in the front office or any capacity to make one of these trades---lol.

Marcum-- come on man--- he is basically John Lackey and you want to trade for him???

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofTito. Show GhostofTito's posts

Lowrie and Reddick for Ryan Braun.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

In Response to Two TRADES you would recommend to Ben...:
    [QUOTE]Jacoby for Hanley-play Hanley at third. Sizemore in CF. Trade Youk, Reddick and Lowrie to the Brewers for Marcum and Hart (RF).
    Posted by MadMc44[/QUOTE]

Mad,

I get where your going and if the Sox trade Jacoby and Youk alnong with Reddick and Lowrie...due to their ability, age and current contracts. The return would have to yeild at minimum a top of the rotation starter and another big bat. Combined both eels and Youk are under the teams control through 2013 and Reddick and Lowrie both are also cost effective trade chips that in my mind by adding them to either deal would be over paying. Marcum, Ramirez and Hart in my mind is not enough to warrent moving all four for...We can simply sign Edwin Jackson and keep Youk and Ellsbury and come out ahead and then use Reddick and or Lowrie in another deal to bolster the pen...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomnev. Show tomnev's posts

The Sox are severly limited when it comes to trades right now.....they dont have any top 25 prospects.....regulars on the ML Roster are either, injury risks(Youkilis)....underperformers with huge contracts(Crawford)....untouchable(Pedroia, Agon) or are the best guys we have in an area of Need(Lester, Beckett, Buchholz)....I hate to agree with a certain poster who is usually crazy, but the one trade that makes sense is Ellsbury for Kemp.....1) trading the lefty for the righty balances the lineup, 2) you are trading high on Ells and since he has one year more of control than Kemp and the Dodgers are a mess, you may be able to expand it by adding a prospect on the Sox side and getting a ML ready pitcher like Kuroda from the Dodgers.  3) trading Ells allows the Sox to move Crawford up to the leadoff spot, I know is OBP is awful but I think that role will have less pressure for him than trying to drive in runs....just let him know his job is to cause havoc on the base paths. 4) Kemp allows you to give Reddick/Kalish a better shot at RF and we can do with a lesser 4th OF to bat against lefties.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Alibiike. Show Alibiike's posts

1) Beckett for Young
    2) Youk for Francoeur

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KRomine. Show KRomine's posts

Can we please STOP the Hanley Ramirez talks!?

You people give me a headache!  The same people calling for a change in the clubhouse culture are the same MORONS begging the Sox to add a major league clubhouse malcontent! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

[QUOTE]The Sox are severly limited when it comes to trades right now.....they dont have any top 25 prospects.....regulars on the ML Roster are either, injury risks(Youkilis)....underperformers with huge contracts(Crawford)....untouchable(Pedroia, Agon) or are the best guys we have in an area of Need(Lester, Beckett, Buchholz)....I hate to agree with a certain poster who is usually crazy, but the one trade that makes sense is Ellsbury for Kemp.....1) trading the lefty for the righty balances the lineup, 2) you are trading high on Ells and since he has one year more of control than Kemp and the Dodgers are a mess, you may be able to expand it by adding a prospect on the Sox side and getting a ML ready pitcher like Kuroda from the Dodgers.  3) trading Ells allows the Sox to move Crawford up to the leadoff spot, I know is OBP is awful but I think that role will have less pressure for him than trying to drive in runs....just let him know his job is to cause havoc on the base paths. 4) Kemp allows you to give Reddick/Kalish a better shot at RF and we can do with a lesser 4th OF to bat against lefties.
    Posted by tomnev[/QUOTE]

tom,
    If the Sox had a top 25 prospect they probably would not look to trade that type of commodity. Rather make room for him on the 25 man roster...

FYI Kuroda is a free agent and I could see him as a target for the Sox this offseason...though I'd rather they signed Jackson both are likely to command the same type of deal...

Ellsbury for Kemp has been discussed quite a bit and there merit to the idea of trading them for one another. I think that if both parties were willing. The only obsticle I see would be cost benefit of the extra year of service for Ellsbury. So the Dodgers would probably have to add a player to the deal or Kemp would have to be open to negotiating an extension...Otherwise the only win for the Sox is that Kemp is righthanded and while the gain in offense would be negligable. the loss of Ellsbury from the leadoff spot would be tough to fill. Crawford IMHO needs to hit in the two hole...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two TRADES you would recommend to Ben... : Dice should be able to help the Sox around the All Star Game he is not lost for entire 2012.
    Posted by Sully1965[/QUOTE]

Agree that Dice-K should be back to help during the 2nd half of next season.  Hopefully, he will have several good starts for the Red Sox next season. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MadMc44. Show MadMc44's posts

Beantowne if The leadoff spot is the only hangup--Scutaro has been a pretty good leadoff guy. Let's dance!!!