TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN..........

THIS IS WHY WE DID NOT WANT TO BE TIED WITH THE YANK$ FOR 1ST PLACE.....  AS DAD WOULD SAY......  "SON, I TOLD YOU SO" !!!!!  WHAT SAY YOU ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN..........

In Response to TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN..........:
    [QUOTE]  THIS IS WHY WE DID NOT WANT TO BE TIED WITH THE YANK$ FOR 1ST PLACE.....  AS DAD WOULD SAY......  "SON, I TOLD YOU SO" !!!!!  WHAT SAY YOU ???
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

It is always to win both games of a doubleheader, but even more difficult to win in the rain.  At least it isn't raining like it was yesterday. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Final stage of dog days and nasty schedule. If Red Sox can stay no more than 2 games back by 1st day of September, RedSox win division. No easy task, but doable. Starting pitching has not been impressive. Buch instead of Wakefield is like going from salad to dung.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from softylaw. Show softylaw's posts

Tampa is just a spoiler at this late stage. Yankees own Tampa. Red Sox don't play a lot of good baseball against Tampa. The extra inning 1-0 win will hopefully turn the psychology and trend.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]  THIS IS WHY WE DID NOT WANT TO BE TIED WITH THE YANK$ FOR 1ST PLACE.....  AS DAD WOULD SAY......  "SON, I TOLD YOU SO" !!!!!  WHAT SAY YOU ???

What say I?  Here's what I say:

I like your posts and you add a lot to the forum, but I DO wish you'd stop typing in bold caps.  It makes my eyes and ears hurt! 

Besides that, it adds emphasis to everything you say (and sorry, but it's not ALL worth emphasis! :-) ) which in turn trivializes everything you say by making it all equal. 

Now, as to your post, no, I don't want to be tied with the Y's this morning either, but to keep it in perspective, back on April 20 I'd have BEGGED for a guarantee that this team would be in 1st place on August 16. 

I believe that with Bucchholtz this team is the best in the AL East, and without him this team is on an even par with the Yankee$.  The Sox have fought themselves back to where they need to be.  Now they need to finish the job.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

In Response to Re: TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN..........:
    [QUOTE]In Response to TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN.......... : What say I?  Here's what I say: I like your posts and you add a lot to the forum, but I DO wish you'd stop typing in bold caps.  It makes my eyes and ears hurt!  Besides that, it adds emphasis to everything you say (and sorry, but it's not ALL worth emphasis! :-) ) which in turn trivializes everything you say by making it all equal.  Now, as to your post, no, I don't want to be tied with the Y's this morning either, but to keep it in perspective, back on April 20 I'd have BEGGED for a guarantee that this team would be in 1st place on August 16.  I believe that with Bucchholtz this team is the best in the AL East, and without him this team is on an even par with the Yankee$.  The Sox have fought themselves back to where they need to be.  Now they need to finish the job.
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]

Good luck with that. He once responded to one of my posts by confessing his bark was worse than his bite, so I imagine that caps are just one aspect of the bark and doing otherwise would be like trying to teach an old dog new tricks. But I kinda like the old dog anyway, so just let him keep barking away. (And yes, I think I would agree with your assessment of the team, w/ and w/out Buck.)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wlbpatriotsfan. Show wlbpatriotsfan's posts

[QUOTE]Final stage of dog days and nasty schedule. If Red Sox can stay no more than 2 games back by 1st day of September, RedSox win division. No easy task, but doable. Starting pitching has not been impressive. Buch instead of Wakefield is like going from salad to dung.
    Posted by softylaw[/QUOTE]

To date the Sox are 10-10 vs. Rays, Royals, Rangers, and A's while the Yankees are 18-5 vs. Royals, Twins, A's, and Orioles.  Percentages say Yanks lead by 4 on September 1.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pschuller. Show pschuller's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN.......... : Good luck with that. He once responded to one of my posts by confessing his bark was worse than his bite, so I imagine that caps are just one aspect of the bark and doing otherwise would be like trying to teach an old dog new tricks. But I kinda like the old dog anyway, so just let him keep barking away. (And yes, I think I would agree with your assessment of the team, w/ and w/out Buck.)
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]

Bill 806, I hope you take this post as the (backhanded) compliment it was intended to be. ;-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN.......... : What say I?  Here's what I say: I like your posts and you add a lot to the forum, but I DO wish you'd stop typing in bold caps.  It makes my eyes and ears hurt!  Besides that, it adds emphasis to everything you say (and sorry, but it's not ALL worth emphasis! :-) ) which in turn trivializes everything you say by making it all equal.  Now, as to your post, no, I don't want to be tied with the Y's this morning either, but to keep it in perspective, back on April 20 I'd have BEGGED for a guarantee that this team would be in 1st place on August 16.  I believe that with Bucchholtz this team is the best in the AL East, and without him this team is on an even par with the Yankee$.  The Sox have fought themselves back to where they need to be.  Now they need to finish the job.
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]  (DON'T TASE ME BRO).....   GO EASY THERE YOUNG FELLA !!! AFTER 585 POSTS YOU HAVE NOT YET EARNED THE RIGHT TO DROP YOUR LIBERAL POSITIONS ON ME OR ANY OTHER POSTER.... WHILE NOT BEING  P C WITH  MY BOLD CAPS YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND A LITTLE MORE ABOUT THIS WRITER AND WHAT MAKES ME TICK..... 1/ I KNOW MY BASEBALL...2/ I LOVE MY RED SOX. 3/ MY EYES DO BETTER IN BOLD PRINT.......  NOT EXPECTING YOU TO UNDERSTAND AS YOU PROBABLY THINK THAT THE "BIG O" IS DOING A GREAT JOB FOR ALL OF THE 57 STATES IN THE UNION !!!!  GO SOX, THEO, & TITO TOO !!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN.......... : Good luck with that. He once responded to one of my posts by confessing his bark was worse than his bite, so I imagine that caps are just one aspect of the bark and doing otherwise would be like trying to teach an old dog new tricks. But I kinda like the old dog anyway, so just let him keep barking away. (And yes, I think I would agree with your assessment of the team, w/ and w/out Buck.)
    Posted by pschuller[/QUOTE]  OR SHUCKS,  HUMBLE MOMENTS LIKE THIS BRING TEARS TO MY OLD EYES !!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diamondtalk. Show Diamondtalk's posts

The TB Rays are no slouches.     Splitting the doubleheader should be acceptable.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN.......... : To date the Sox are 10-10 vs. Rays, Royals, Rangers, and A's while the Yankees are 18-5 vs. Royals, Twins, A's, and Orioles.  Percentages say Yanks lead by 4 on September 1.
    Posted by wlbpatriotsfan[/QUOTE]

just think what the SOX record would be against these teams w/o jd crawford.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jete02fan. Show jete02fan's posts

Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]well Bill, with a double dip, you get a half with a sweep, even if the Yanks win..a split is somewhat of a wash...so really your only worse case is getting swept.. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN.......... : hey gomer, the bold print just emphasizes how stupid you are. in your case BIG is not better.
    Posted by -theyazzer-[/QUOTE] AS MOM WOULD SAY..."SON, STICKS AND STONES CAN BREAK YOUR BONES, BUT NAMES WILL NEVER HURT YOU" !!!...... AND YOU YAZZER ARE A POOR EXCUSE FOR THE NAME YAZ.... I BET  T-BALL WAS THE HIGH-LITE OF YOUR B-BALL DAYS !!! 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN.......... :   (DON'T TASE ME BRO).....   GO EASY THERE YOUNG FELLA !!! AFTER 585 POSTS YOU HAVE NOT YET EARNED THE RIGHT TO DROP YOUR LIBERAL POSITIONS ON ME OR ANY OTHER POSTER.... WHILE NOT BEING  P C WITH  MY BOLD CAPS YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND A LITTLE MORE ABOUT THIS WRITER AND WHAT MAKES ME TICK..... 1/ I KNOW MY BASEBALL...2/ I LOVE MY RED SOX. 3/ MY EYES DO BETTER IN BOLD PRINT.......  NOT EXPECTING YOU TO UNDERSTAND AS YOU PROBABLY THINK THAT THE "BIG O" IS DOING A GREAT JOB FOR ALL OF THE 57 STATES IN THE UNION !!!!  GO SOX, THEO, & TITO TOO !!!

ROFL.  Thanks.  It's been 40 years since someone called me "Young fella"!  :-)  I've often been tempted to ask the ages of posters here, just to give myself a little perspective on where we're all coming from.  I've decided not to because 1) it's really none of my business, and 2) because I sometimes have the distinct feeling that some posters here don't even have a passing relationship with the truth.  :-)

I thought we'd put to bed a long time ago the issue of how many posts a person has to have to be considered credible.  I like the tag line of another poster which says something like 'pay no attention to my posts.  I don't have enough to be credible'. 
    I don't deny that you know your baseball and that you love OUR sox.  Please remember that you're not the only one here with those qualifications and neither one of those has any bearing on the number of times a person has posted here. 

Also, I have no clue how you dragged politics into this, but you have NO IDEA what my political beliefs/affilations are.  FTR - I consider myself to be very close to ZILLA, more Libertarian than anything else, but they don't have all the answers either.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN.......... : ROFL.  Thanks.  It's been 40 years since someone called me "Young fella"!  :-)  I've often been tempted to ask the ages of posters here, just to give myself a little perspective on where we're all coming from.  I've decided not to because 1) it's really none of my business, and 2) because I sometimes have the distinct feeling that some posters here don't even have a passing relationship with the truth.  :-) I thought we'd put to bed a long time ago the issue of how many posts a person has to have to be considered credible.  I like the tag line of another poster which says something like 'pay no attention to my posts.  I don't have enough to be credible'.  I don't deny that you know your baseball and that you love OUR sox.  Please remember that you're not the only one here with those qualifications and neither one of those has any bearing on the number of times a person has posted here.  Also, I have no clue how you dragged politics into this, but you have NO IDEA what my political beliefs/affilations are.  FTR - I consider myself to be very close to ZILLA, more Libertarian than anything else, but they don't have all the answers either.  
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE] F T R ......  ZILLA IS A GOOD MAN/MONSTER.... KNOWS HIS B-BALL TOO...... I HEARD THAT HE WAS "ALL WORLD" IN T-BALL !!!!!Wink

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DevotedRSgirl. Show DevotedRSgirl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN.......... : ROFL.  Thanks.  It's been 40 years since someone called me "Young fella"!  :-)  I've often been tempted to ask the ages of posters here, just to give myself a little perspective on where we're all coming from.  I've decided not to because 1) it's really none of my business, and 2) because I sometimes have the distinct feeling that some posters here don't even have a passing relationship with the truth.  :-) I thought we'd put to bed a long time ago the issue of how many posts a person has to have to be considered credible.  I like the tag line of another poster which says something like 'pay no attention to my posts.  I don't have enough to be credible'.  I don't deny that you know your baseball and that you love OUR sox.  Please remember that you're not the only one here with those qualifications and neither one of those has any bearing on the number of times a person has posted here.  Also, I have no clue how you dragged politics into this, but you have NO IDEA what my political beliefs/affilations are.  FTR - I consider myself to be very close to ZILLA, more Libertarian than anything else, but they don't have all the answers either.  
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]

Great post! I got ridiculed the 2nd time or so I posted here, saying I didn't have the right to post beause I had never posted!!! Go figure. I love coming on here and reading evryones opinion. But according to Kim (the pink rose poster) I wasn't entilted to my opinion. So thanks for sticking up for those of us who love our sox just as much as the next guy!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southpaw777. Show southpaw777's posts

Its almost always a good fight to the end with the Sox and Yanks..The Rays can play the spoiler as I dont see them being a factor other than that..Its never good for the blood pressure, but it makes for some great baseball!! Keep the faith Bill!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

i don't expect a stellar performance from LESTER today.
    SHIELDS will be tough on the , of late, average hitting SOX.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from S5. Show S5's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN.......... : Great post! I got ridiculed the 2nd time or so I posted here, saying I didn't have the right to post beause I had never posted!!! Go figure. I love coming on here and reading evryones opinion. But according to Kim (the pink rose poster) I wasn't entilted to my opinion. So thanks for sticking up for those of us who love our sox just as much as the next guy!!!!!!
    Posted by DevotedRSgirl[/QUOTE]

Ya, I went through that too, as have many others.  This is the ultimate Catch-22:  "You shouldn't be posting because you haven't posted enough yet." 
    Huh?  LOL

My advice?  Be patient and try to make good thought-out posts. There are maybe 50 "regulars" who post here (I don't consider myself a 'regular' with only 500+ posts) and some of them are very clique-ish.  And most aren't.  For the most part it's a very good bunch of people who have one thing in common - the love of the Sox. 

Make intelligent posts, spell player's names right, and don't be thin-skinned.  Enjoy yourself, this is supposed to be fun.  :-)  Good luck! 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PawsoxPhil. Show PawsoxPhil's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN.......... : just think what the SOX record would be against these teams w/o jd crawford.
    Posted by -theyazzer-[/QUOTE]

You do realize that he had four game winning walkoff hits? Oh, I forgot you watch Yankee games.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN.......... : Ya, I went through that too, as have many others.  This is the ultimate Catch-22:  "You shouldn't be posting because you haven't posted enough yet."  Huh?  LOL My advice?  Be patient and try to make good thought-out posts. There are maybe 50 "regulars" who post here (I don't consider myself a 'regular' with only 500+ posts) and some of them are very clique-ish.  And most aren't.  For the most part it's a very good bunch of people who have one thing in common - the love of the Sox.  Make intelligent posts, spell player's names right, and don't be thin-skinned.  Enjoy yourself, this is supposed to be fun.  :-)  Good luck! 
    Posted by S5[/QUOTE]  GOOD POST  S5  (S5, ARE YOU WITH A GOVT. AGENCY ??)  YOUR GOING TO DO JUST FINE ON THIS BOARD ....  FEEL FREE TO WRITE IN BOLD PRINT TOO !!!!!!!Laughing

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from -theyazzer-. Show -theyazzer-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: TWO WITH TAMPA BAY TODAY IN THE RAIN.......... :   GOOD POST  S5  (S5, ARE YOU WITH A GOVT. AGENCY ??)  YOUR GOING TO DO JUST FINE ON THIS BOARD ....  FEEL FREE TO WRITE IN BOLD PRINT TOO !!!!!!!

yeah, that's the ticket. you just got gomer's permission to post.

you've got to understand something about gomer; he's the one who carries a sign that reads "get the government out of my medicare."

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from devildavid. Show devildavid's posts

SOX WILL ENJOY HOME COOKING AND TAKE IT TO THE RAYS. 

LET'S PLAY TWO!